• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

We have Natural Weaponry for that.
natural weaponry kinda sucks. like there's nothing clear about that.
Like, there's a huge difference between summoning tentacles out of your body to fight and biting someone with sharp teeth.
Like we have mind manipulation which has all forms of consciousness manipulation in it and yet we have pages for empathic manipulation and such as they work differently from stuff like hypnosis.

Like, there's a huge difference between summoning tentacles out of your body to fight and biting someone with sharp teeth.
Like we have mind manipulation which has all forms of consciousness manipulation in it and yet we have pages for empathic manipulation and such as they work differently from stuff like hypnosis.
Eh, tentacle manip is a bit too specific, and it doesn't help that it isn't like "manipulating" a tentacle, but rather... having one.
Stuff of this kind is best kept as a category at most, it isn't particularly informative of a character on its own to deserver a whole power page.
This is as unecessary as having "Claw Manipulation", just list whatever noteworthy abilities it may grant (if any), as on its own it's quite unecessary, we have Natural Weaponry in the first place for a reason.

Would "Escape Pod" be a good idea for an ability addition? I could see it being used for various characters using mechs for instance.

Would "Escape Pod" be a good idea for an ability addition? I could see it being used for various characters using mechs for instance.
I think that could just be listed as a part of the mech in the equipment or attacks and techniques section
Also i agree with a resilience page

Last edited:
Is something like

Automated Defense Systems

A power worthy of being indexed abd used?

For example, Captain from Risk of Rain 2 has a Microbot that will intercept projectiles for him independent of thought from Captain.

Shun from Saint Seiya, his chains can act independently from him to protect him.

Gilgamesh from nasuverse has a device that uses electricity to automatically intercept projectiles iirc

Last edited:
I also agree with a Resilience, this kind ability usually appear in many fiction
I'd say Superhuman Physical Characteristics already covers it, then the stamina section solves the issue of explaining it.

Tentacles and such generally vary between natural weaponry, body control, thread/tendril manip and such.

I'd say Superhuman Physical Characteristics already covers it, then the stamina section solves the issue of explaining it.
Wrong actually, Superhuman Physical Characteristics or Stamina will not explain on how a character without a vital organ can continue living and operating for a considerate amount of time. To be honest this is lazy at the highest level

I think that it would still fit under type 2 immortality or supernatural willpower. It could also just be body control if the character in question can remove their organ or head and be fine without them for a small amount of time.

Can anyone look at the story chapter i posted? It's easier if you look at it in the site itself as the book is presented in image scans. Idk why.

Do you refer to stamina manip suggested in that thread or it its a response to something else?
Something else.

I meant to word it as
"We need a sub ability for attack reflection, which can be called attack deflection, where people can deflect attacks but they haven't shown to send it back at the person who originally shot out the attack"

Mmm, maybe just expand the Power Reflection page instead of creating its own page (as its not something necessary supernatural).

Something else.

I meant to word it as
"We need a sub ability for attack reflection, which can be called attack deflection, where people can deflect attacks but they haven't shown to send it back at the person who originally shot out the attack"
something like the Jedi in star wars can do when deflecting lazer bolts?

Superhuman Physical Characteristics has nothing to do with being able to survive lethal wounds/poison and such, as it only applies to physicals like AP, Dura, and Speed. Stamina doesn't make someone automatically be able to survive lethal wounds for an extended period of time either. It's not like anyone with infinite stamina is basically a Type 2 Immortal.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics has nothing to do with being able to survive lethal wounds/poison and such, as it only applies to physicals like AP, Dura, and Speed. Stamina doesn't make someone automatically be able to survive lethal wounds for an extended period of time either. It's not like anyone with infinite stamina is basically a Type 2 Immortal.
I ran into this porblem with Saint Seiya characters a year ago.

The characters have feats of something liek "Fighting when their drained of over half their blood from their body in high altitudes while their blood flow reverses" or can still fight when their hearts are pierced or all their bones are broken.

I was told to chalk it up as stamina

I don't think it qualifies for Immortality, but Superhuman Charactersitics didn't sound right either.

Examples

I was planning to turn the Attack Reflection page into Attack Redirection, in order to encompass reflection, deflection etc..., but I'd do it in something like 2-3 months, so anyone who wants to to ahead, can carry out the revision in my place.

Not sure if anybody suggested this already but what about Voice Mimicry? It's a fairly common power and i think it would be different enough from sound manipulation to be it's own thing

If its not Sound Manipulation it may fall under Stealth Mastery as that ability now covers thievery abilities, and mimicrying voices is often associated with disguise mastery.

Would Agent Smith count as Type 2 or Type 3, or both? Given that he exists in multiple places both inside and outside the Matrix.
I'd say both, since he managed to infect people in the real world iirc.

And thinking of it, should I replace Physical with Organic?

I was also thinking about a better name for semi-physical, because it would encompass digital beings, energy beings (magic, psychic energy...) and all those that aren't entirely abstract beings or pure souls.

Organic might not work because of characters who are robots.

I'm afraid that robots would fit more type 2, since they are basically electricity in the form of AI, but at the same time they are physical.

I guess that digital minds that also reside in mechanical bodies might be type 2 and 3?

In that case, should I find a pure example of type 2 as an image? Because ARIA is an AI that exists both in mechanical things (from robots to generic circuits and such), but also over the internet, cellular networks, satellites etcc.., which still exist because of tangible technology, but at the same time aren't purely physical.

Would anyone agree with Exorcism as a power? Currently we list it under Purification but I don't think it's very intuitive

I've prepared a draft for the Multipresence page I suggested some time ago, but I'm not sure if it's ready to be proposed in its own thread, so I'd appreciate some input.
The purpose is also to replace Nigh-Omnipresence.
what if a characters conscioucessness or mind is all encompassing? Like their mind encompasses and eventurally transcends the universe but their physical body is limited to a single universe

would that count out of curosity?

i want to make Weapon Manipulation and Statistics Manipulation
I agree with the first, as other people do to my knowledge.
The second would be nice to mix stats amps and reduction. Damage Manipulation would be good too, to mix reduction and boost.

Would anyone agree with Exorcism as a power? Currently we list it under Purification but I don't think it's very intuitive
I think we should improve the Purification page instead, and create a redirection for Exorcism.

what if a characters conscioucessness or mind is all encompassing? Like their mind encompasses and eventurally transcends the universe but their physical body is limited to a single universe

would that count out of curosity?
Isn't that just range for their mind powers?

Purification and possibly limited soul manipulation sounds like it's similar to exorcism. It's the ability to extract demons from a possessed host. But I agree with Saman.

I'm fine with that, generally as long as the issue of "why would anyone looking for Exorcism think of Purification" is fixed I'm ok

Back