• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

I agree with the first, as other people do to my knowledge.
The second would be nice to mix stats amps and reduction. Damage Manipulation would be good too, to mix reduction and boost.
The reason is:
1. Weapon Manipulation have many thing ranging from creating weapon and weapon telekinesis (which many verse have this kind of ability), some character have power exclusive to dealing with weapon of all kind,...so i think weapon manipulation is good
2. Stat Manip is not just simply amp and reduce, my favorite verse like DBH have ability to swap stats, or equalize stats, or stealing/leaking opponent stats to amp yourself and reduce opponent; i think there will be some other verse have similar ability when it come to stats
3. Yeah i think a Damage Manipulation page is nice, it can potentially have effect like Stats, just focus on damage. Also many game characters have ability to reflect damage, or outright negate the damage opponent can inflict

Mmm, Multipresence sounds more like a mixture of already existing powers, mainly Duplication and Hive Mind (in general, when talking about duplication, hive mind is al most always involved), as well as Avatar Creation. Type 1 sounds like Atral Projection or [not so] Cosmic Awareness, depending of how is interpreted, and don't quite get what Type 2 is.

It is kind of a mixture of various power, but the problem is that they don't fit all kind of characters.

Type 1 isn't astral projection because the character is always there, they aren't projecting an image.
Some characters just happen to exist in multiple places because they are related to things (like negative thoughts for the God Hand), but no other currently existing power fits them.
Some characters just have their consciousceness spreaded all over, while still retaining their individuality (meaning no other consciouscenes, clones or images), just because their nature allows so.
It can overlap with other powers, but that's only because such thing can be covered by a variety of other powers, but them alone can be insufficient to describe one's nature.

The more I think about type 2, the more I think it could be merged into type 1.
I wanted to mark a distinction between things that are purely abstract or don't conventionally exist in the normal world (abstracts, concepts, souls...) and those that still exist but aren't physical (energies and such), but honestly they can stay together in a single "incorporeal" type.

The difference between Astral Projection and type 1 is that the last one is passive, like, the character is always having a part of its consciousness bound to that zone of influence, grating them ESP or Cosmic Awareness (depending of how big is the zone of influence).

Not really, because an Astral projection is hardly more than an illusion, a copy, a token or such sent from point A to point B or such, while a character whose essence is scattered over an entire planet is consistently and always there in their real self, and can also likely do all the thing they'd do normally, take physical or apparent form and such, it's not even cosmic awareness because they might as well be using their normal senses.

I'm still hoping Stamina Manipulation happens in the near future, especially with the stamina standards finally getting a long overdue update.

How I see it, Type 1 is at best like Nigh-Omnipresence but only limited to the character's awareness, basically, instead of being everywhere and nowhere at the same time on the domain the character simply has scattered its consciousness/senses through that zone, basically its an extension of its mind/soul/essence in one or more places. The other way I see it is that Type 1 is basically Astral Projection that is always active, a more limited extension of the character's mind/soul/essence in one or more places.

Type 3 in the other hand is like your normal Duplication except is always active.

Type 1 would also cover nigh-omnipresence, but many characters are just present in a large area without being everywhere, which currently isn't covered, like a lesser scale of omnipresence.
NO would just be part of it, since it would cover every kind of extended presence that is less than actual omnipresence.

Type 3 isn't limited to duplicates, tho. You have characters that are a large mass of organic matter, and their consciouscess is all over said matter, and they can be or appear everywhere their body is as well, it's akin to, but not really body control.
Some characters, like Ajimu, have other versions of themselves that are neither duplicates nor avatars.
Others are related to objects, plants, physical things, which can be considered part of them without really being clones.
Even spawning offsprings that are just extensions of you, they aren't really avatars, nor clones, su duplication doesn't work.
There can be many forms and uses, but our current pool of options is very limited, and Multipresence would cover all those instances that can't really be defined by them.

I think Information Manipulation is used for powers that alter statistic (like, directly manipulation stats such HP or something); as for Weapon Manip, people will generally relate it to TK, although I suggested long ago to create object Manipulation to cover everyone that is limited to manipulate a specific types of objects.

I think Information Manipulation is used for powers that alter statistic (like, directly manipulation stats such HP or something); as for Weapon Manip, people will generally relate it to TK, although I suggested long ago to create object Manipulation to cover everyone that is limited to manipulate a specific types of objects.
I agree with object manip

But information is more fundamental. Stats Manip is just everything related to stats. Object Manip is a nice thing though

But information is more fundamental. Stats Manip is just everything related to stats. Object Manip is a nice thing though
It's not, you're just intepreting it as such. Statistics Manipulation feels somewhat unnecessary.

It's not, you're just intepreting it as such. Statistics Manipulation feels somewhat unnecessary.
I think you both misunderstood what statistics manipulation is???, it merged statistics amplification and reduction into 1 ability, it also have some more stats related ability like stats steals, etc.....if someone can manipulating other stats at information level then it is information manipulation, plenty of fiction character have ability to manipulating stats and it not on information level, and not just game character. Let me be brutal, this way of thinking is too narrow, if you think manipulating stats is infor manip, we can just nuke both stats amp and reduce page and possibly all other power and abilities page cuz they just manipulating information.

I did misunderstand a bit, yeah. I think it's fine as is though.

It's a pretty uncommon ability in fiction, but what about Lifelink? A character's life-energy-thing happens to be tethered to another character, and if one of them dies, the other does as well. It's neat, but rare and the characters who do have it can't change the target they're tethered to, so not combat-applicable either.

It's a pretty uncommon ability in fiction, but what about Lifelink? A character's life-energy-thing happens to be tethered to another character, and if one of them dies, the other does as well. It's neat, but rare and the characters who do have it can't change the target they're tethered to, so not combat-applicable either.
It is just a aspect of life manipulation i think

Organic manipulation covers manipulating carbon, although technically earth manipulation also covers that.

Both Earth Manipulation and Organic Manipulation covers Carbon, I think it should have a separate page just like Sand Manipulation

All the talk about Popeye on the wiki lately makes me wonder if there should be a power called ”Perspective Displacement“ or something like that. Its a common feat in cartoons for instance that have some variation of interacting with the Sun in the sky as if it’s a small object floating in the air (and of course it’s millions of miles away in real life). There’s probably another name for this power I don’t know, but I just thought I’d mention it.

Last edited:
All the talk about Popeye on the wiki lately makes me wonder if there should be a power called ”Perspective Displacement“ or something like that. Its a common feat in cartoons for instance that have some variation of interacting with the Sun in the sky as if it’s a small object floating in the air (and of course it’s millions of miles away in real life). There’s probably another name for this power I don’t know, but I just thought I’d mention it.
It would be an application of Space Manip. There's this based witch in UQ Holder who has that too.

Wouldn't that also be Subjective Reality
Perspective is subjective, but that's not really in the same way as the Subjective Reality ability. The latter is only about bringing stuff that don't exist to life.

Although imo this ability likely need to be deleted or heavily changed.

SR is just reality warping based on your perception, it's not just about bringing things to life, that is just the most common use

SR is just reality warping based on your perception, it's not just about bringing things to life, that is just the most common use
Our current page is only about turning fiction into reality and reality into fiction, which has nothing to do with perspective.

Even the possible uses listed only show that it is a mere portrayal of other abilities and not an actual one.

The fact that litteraly all notable users qualify for another ability that makes more sense doesn't help either.

The most subjective thing about it is what people understand when thinking of that "ability" rather than the power itself.

Whatever it is, this ability seems like a better solution rather than just downplaying said Sun feats like I’ve seen some suggest (in my opinion of course).

Whatever it is, this ability seems like a better solution rather than just downplaying said Sun feats like I’ve seen some suggest (in my opinion of course).
I don't see any need for a single application to be its own page. But giving Space Manip to Popeye should be a thing.

Our P&A pages are really just barebone.

This may be a necro but, is there any reason we don't have a Damage Inducement power? I'm talking stuff like voodoo dolls, where you just make wounds and similar stuff appear directly on the target. Well voodoo dolls specifically could count as a weird kind of Damage Reflection but still

Voodoo Dolls would fall under Damage Transferral (From the Doll to the Victim), but I wouldn't be opposed to Damage Inducement.

Back