• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 4

Has something like Shockwave Manipulation been considered? This power happens way too much to bother to count, unless something else already covers that.

Not all shockwaves are vibration ones as far I can tell, so I'm not sure those are covered by that too.

Shockwaves are definitionally vibrations.

Because they are separate powers generally, just like how Fire and Heat Manip are related but aren't the same thing.

Buttersamuri said:
If construction gets accepted and posted. Trap mastery can be a possible Variant of it
Yeah it could be, i've already mentioned how it could be used to build traps on the page, I don't think it should be it's own variant but it could be discussed.

That seems to just be the preparation kind.

Not really. While traps can be built with prep. Trap mastery is just a great skill of creating traps, and don't even require prep to even make them. People like naughty bear utilize trap building mid fight. Even Homer once created a trap within a few seconds using a small tree.

By the logic of traps being used quickly within combat then the same still applies to Preparation, you can prepare a trap in less than a second, it is still Preparation as long as the trap wasn't there before. Just try to change the wording in Technological Preparation, that would be better than making a new power.

Examples? You mean the users?

Also question. Would Synchronization work as a power? I've seen a few characters use this ability. But not sure if it has a page already or something that defines it. Someone in very early naruto used it in early naruto to synchronize with someone in a class for a test so he could get the right answers. (I'm talking early early. First few episodes possibly.) As well, Andy and Ollie as twins are able to move synchronized with each other perfectly due to their mental states. This also could maybe apply for Thunder McQueens stand. Since it sort of synchronizes him and his opponent.

Drop the ones you want to add in the comments and I'll legit then. I actually didn't p it then in a blog anyone could edit.

It isn't a bad idea, having to explain passives to new members happens a lot, so it surely could be useful for reference.

A few people on this thread agree that adding a Dynamax ability to the Pokemon within SwSh would be better than adding Dynamax as a key for every Pokemon (Plus, having a Dynamax and Gigantamax key on the same Pokemon is redundant). Gigantamax Pokemon will receive a key in addition to the ability, as it's a unique form for only a limited amount of Pokemon, like Megas.

The Pokemon/keys that would receive this ability are every Pokemon that appears in SwSh within the first (pre-evolution) key. Pokemon with a Gigantamax/Mega key (which I'll be adding soon) would note that they do not have this ability ("All previous abilities, except Dynamax")

Verse-exclusive powers don't have the Powers and Abilities category on them, idk if they should be discussed beyond the threads of their respective verses. This is because they are mostly good to go, they just facilitate writing and other stuff like that.

Udlmaster said:
Eficiente said:
Verse-exclusive powers don't have the Powers and Abilities category on them, idk if they should be discussed beyond the threads of their respective verses. This is because they are mostly good to go, they just facilitate writing and other stuff like that.
Uhhh, they do, Gem Physiology, Shinshoo Manipulation, Sword Logic
They all have Category:Verse-specific_Powers_and_Abilities

TBF gem physiology is more about several abilities inherent to an entire race, rather then a single ability common across several character. Everything else fair game.

Eficiente said:

If that's the case it being mentioned on the OP regarding those is a good idea.

Anyways, I guess I'll go ahead and post the page.

I'm gonna remind you that this needs to be discussed in threads about that verse, and logically accepted by admins.

Oof, I discussed it in a private Discord server (Including knowledgeable KH members on the site) and already did the stuff.

Don't undo anything yet, it still has to be actually denied first, in other words, I'll go to the current main CRT and ask about it.

Back