• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 4

Power Modification feels a little redundant, but would Power Creation be useful? Off the top of my head I can only remember one character with it, are there any others?

Everything on it, besides Power Creation, is already covered by other profiles, and it'd basically be a combination of those. It seems better to just make Power Creation, and give any character with Power Manipulation all the sub-abilities they demonstrate.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant Power Manipulation's redundant, not Power Modification.

Agnaa said:
Everything on it, besides Power Creation, is already covered by other profiles, and it'd basically be a combination of those. It seems better to just make Power Creation, and give any character with Power Manipulation all the sub-abilities they demonstrate.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant Power Manipulation's redundant, not Power Modification.
Well, the current issue is that Power Modification should have some of the applications of Manipulation as described above, but not all of them. That's what the revision I made was for.....

Oh, I didn't notice the thread you made, my bad.

One quick ability I know could share in a lot of characters (or I at least know a few). What about a page for Adhesive or like stickyness. Quite a few characters who use this offensively to hold opponents down or stick them to an area. But I've never seen a page on it. So Adhesive Manipulation. Or some other better name

I see. While i'm here are we allowed to make powers & abilities pages, i've only ever seen staff members that've made them so I just assumed it was left to staff, never really confirmed it to myself though.

I think Surface Scaling was originally called Adhesivity or something along that line. Dunno why it got changed tho because it's so much more than just climbing walls, like the stuff you mentioned too.

KieranH10 said:
I see. While i'm here are we allowed to make powers & abilities pages, i've only ever seen staff members that've made them so I just assumed it was left to staff, never really confirmed it to myself though.

I think Surface Scaling was originally called Adhesivity or something along that line. Dunno why it got changed tho because it's so much more than just climbing walls, like the stuff you mentioned too.
I read the page as making sure on that. And it doesn't cover it being a form of attack. Only what the page calls it. Scaling surfaces.

"Surface Scaling is the ability to move along walls, ceilings and similar surfaces without the risk of falling from gravity. This could involve a variety of different methods ranging from creating attraction between a part of one's body and the surface to making use of spiked footwork. What's important is that the user be granted a free range of motion across all conventional walls and ceilings without needing to significantly alter the wall or ceiling itself or rely on specific features present on them that wouldn't be found in smooth surfaces."

So doesn't actually cover those who can manipulate and use stickiness offensively or defensively

There's a thread on it happening rn if you want to add some input there. I fully agree Adhesion should have stayed as it was, surface scaling could have been it's own thing, they are 2 seperate powers.

Well. It looked like it was agreed that Surface Scaling and Adhesivity should be separate pages. If it's fine. I'm gonna finish my page for Adhesivity

Sounds good, i'll likely be making a thread on Construction at some point so any input there would be great when it's made.

I disagree with Trap Mastery as a power due to being a normal skill anyone can have that can just be elaborated within a characters' Feats part, in its Intelligence and as Preparation, which they will always have anyway. Trap Mastery is redundant.

Walker21232123 said:
Soda Manipulation. Pepsima has it.
No. We're not going to have a different Manipulation page for every food or drink a handful of characters can manipulate. We're not the powerlisting wiki.

That can be said About Stuff like Weapon Mastery and Martial arts. Technically anyone can have it. the degree can vary. Like Dan Hibiki and James Bond. Both have it to vary different degrees. Saying a random character could have it through just trying to make one shouldn't be used if they haven't ever displayed trap making.

Trap creation I think is different enough to be a variation. It's significantly different enough. Trap mastery focuses on waist to restrain and or incapacitate an opponent.

Preparation usually is equipment they have Already have but need prep for, Increasing physical status through certain mean, or mentally preparing.

On top of that. Trap mastery doesn't require prep to say. If one is quick enough. They could theoretically make traps mid fight. People like naughty bear make traps mid fight. One using their environment and other such things to trap opponents is a trap mastery skill which plenty of fictional characters have displayed. This skill specifically should be different enough from prep to have its own page.

Weapon Mastery and Martial arts are common stuff.

As said before, it can just be added to a character's Feats part or its Intelligence, it has no reason to be yet another new power. Having many unnecessary powers is harmful to the wiki as it can be expected to many users to like, pay some (unnecessary) attention to them, and the amount of powers we already have is overwhelming.

also trap creation can just be part of creation, matter manipulation or the construction power that may be accepted, it is unnecessary and its variant, trap mastery, is obtainable with intelligence and speed, kinda like the constructiuon power.

but even the mastery was a actual supernatural abilty, it would probaly be related with genius intelligence

We rather create Innate Capability or similar to cover any knowledge about certain ability or knowledge other than weapons and combat: architech, craftmanship, traps, cooking, etc. So, if people do not want to write it on the intelligence part (fair enough, a character can be suited in a certain field without the need to be smart), at least they would have a power that cover several others.

Back