• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 4

I think a power that would be worth having is Mediumship. The ability to speak to the dead.

I mean, not that I disagree with Enchantment, but if added then nothing would stop us from adding other "magic schools", such Shamanism or Voodoo.

I've used Power Bestowal for Enchantment in the past, but Power Bestowal seems to apply to beings, while Enchantment would apply to objects. Maybe Enchantment could become a subtype?

Eficiente said:
I disagree with most of this new powers proposed.
Eagle Vision doesn't involve math, it's a literal sixth sense. Doesn't require the user to anything except just activate the sense. Though it does also analyse stuff to give more info about objects and whatnot in addition.

I've been told that Information Analysis doesn't have to be mathematical. I've given it to characters who've had "Detect Magic" spells and stuff like that. I'm sure sixth senses would fall under it too.

Aim is more of a skill thing than Superhuman Physical Characteristics, I'd say, that page focuses more on raw stats. And Weapon Mastery doesn't really cover well people who have super aim with pretty much anything (like, say, Ultimate Hawkeye or Bullseye).

Agnaa said:
I've used Power Bestowal for Enchantment in the past, but Power Bestowal seems to apply to beings, while Enchantment would apply to objects. Maybe Enchantment could become a subtype?
Well, I find very illogical that Power Bestowal only works on beings. But if you mean subtype as in "Enchantment" linking into Power Bestowal then I agree with that.

What about Burrowing? Like simply being able to dig beneath the ground. I can think of a few characters that should have this.

Yeah, Enchantment linking to Power Bestowal and having Enchantment of objects mentioned on the Power Bestowal page.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Mr Bambu Adding to that, what about the ability to speak with animals as well?
Otto Suwe has this, idk who else though.
Fair, no idea what to call that but I can think of characters with it.

Didn't someone already suggested Language Assimilation/Intuition (or similar) before?

I think Mediumship is a fair bit different from all that. Speaking to animals isn't exactly in the same school as being able to communicate with spirits/spiritual realms/etc.

After reviewing these comments so far, I'm gonna give some feedbacks and clear up some confusion people have with certain powers and more responses will come in a few minutes.

@The God of Procrastination You're right but instead of the word "bypassing," we should use the word "Penetration" for abilities that ignores immunities/resistances (yet they aren't negated nor removed) and abilities that involves penetrating (involves piercing, breaking and etc. collectively) any form of defense (such as shields and forcefields) as well.

For Example: Resistance Bypassing would be called Resistance Penetration.

@Elizhaa Bypassing/Penetration is definitely different from Negation, they clearly are not the same.

Example: A person use a force-field or possesses a resistance/immunity to your powers, so what do you do in order to use your offensive powers on them?

• Answer 1: Get through their defenses & use a specific ability that ignores resistance (this is Penetration).
  • Answer 2: Get rid for their defenses & resistances (this is actually Removal because if you use Negation, they will still have it but they can't use it until you stop using the ability)
  • Answer 3: Temporarily deactivate the force-field and their resistances so your powers can be used on them (this would be Negation if its temporary, not allowing powers to work permanently is actually called "Power Deactivation")
@ZackMoon The type of language-based ability they will get is dependent on how the characters in the verse does this

@Professor Yeah, I agree with having Power Manipulation since we have powers like Mind Control and all.

@Unshakeable I wouldn't automatically consider "Power Modification" as Power Manipulation per se as you can still use your powers (which is the exact opposite of what controlling-based powers do) and the person who modified it could either make your powers better to your advantage or worse to your disadvantage.

@Muchacho mrm That's called Air Jumping (also ability we need to have) & infinite air jumping would fall under psuedo-flight. As for the other ability you mentioned, that's Platform Creation.

@ChaosAyase What the...just h...no. Glyph Creation =/= Platform Creation and see one of the responses about that I sent for @Antonio.

@Celestial Time Manipulation cannot cause progression because that only affects the growth of things, not their genetics.

@Agnaa From what I know about Power Manipulation, you don't get more powers from using this ability, which that will be Power Absorption + Power Mimicry (if you can use the stolen powers) in this case. The only thing you're doing with this ability is simply just controlling powers similar how Mind Control and other abilities based on controlling things usually works.

@Mr. Bambu Organic matter like honey, gasoline, wax, bones and etc. that @Antonio said may be organic "living" matter but neither of those forms of matter has a life force, so Life Manipulation would not apply here.

Organic Manipulation is still considered acceptable here, moving on.

I'm okay with Fortification (Creating Castles, Fortresses, and Strongholds).

@Andytrenom Yes, all physical things but not non-physical ones, so that isn't enough reasoning to not have object manipulation.

@Crzer Intangibility doesn't automatically allow scents and gases to go through you unless the character's Intangibility is stated to be capable of doing so & invisibility prevents being seen by sight, not from being heard.

That's like saying "I'm invisible from your line of sight by hiding behind a separated wall that was placed outside of a building, so that automatically means you cannot hear me make a sound behind it despite standing right in-front of the wall where sounds can be easily heard near the wall."

@Just a Random Conditional Abilities will definitely needed as there are quite a variety of them.

@Kieran Regarding Surface Scaling, you are not required to have Adhesion to do this since its possible to do it with speed alone. Adhesivity means having natural adhesion that allows you to stick onto objects/solid materials while Adhesion Manipulation allows you to control the adhesion of things in general.

Nothing wrong with Construction Manipulation since some characters were shown to have that.

@Buttersamuri We should have both Adhesivity and Adhesion Manipulation.

@Walker Soda Manipulation would fall under Liquid Manipulation if it was already on the VSB wiki that is.

Which I would suggest possibly adding Matter State (Solid, Liquid, Gas and Plasma) Manipulation in this case.

@Bobsican Doesn't that logic only apply for Cold & Ice and Fire & Heat? Ice being created naturally requires matter state manipulation (Liquid to Solid) or existing water (thats nearby or secreted from your body) being frozen into ice via Cold Manipulation (Thermal Manipulation also works too in this case but you already knew that).

Calling it "Heartlessness" is pretty straightforward and I prefer that name instead imo.

@The Smashor Having Pain Tolerance wouldn't be too bad. I believe that we should have both Pain Tolerance & Pain Suppression since Pain Suppression can be done manually while Pain Tolerance is having it naturally or requiring a buildup of your pain threshold in order to have this.

@Buttersamuri Traps can be created either manually in any length of time, which always requires preparation or be created supernaturally. Unlike Trap Intuition (which is the right term for it, not Trap Mastery), Martial Arts is one of those combative-based skills that has given levels of proficiency (Novice|Expert|Master) and that would be allowed to receive a "Mastery" rating if the character is justified to have it.

Synchronization would be needed.

@MrDrProfessor Goo is a type of organic living matter, not inorganic non-living matter.

@Agnaa Yea, Goo physiology can also be linked there too.

I agree, if any characters have Elemental Intangibility, then giving them Regenerationn is considered unreliable unless already stated to also have that ability.

@ApiesDeath Survivalism sounds like a skill involving a collection of physical and mental-based skills that may fall under this, it should be under Intelligence for now.

@Kieran Burrowing should be fine.

@Monkey Dunno Zoolinguilism and other -lism powers related to being able to speak any non-English & non-human languages =/= Translation

• Translation = Translating a language to a language that you understand but however, you aren't able to speak the unknown language
  • Zoolingualism = Being able to both speak language of animals and translate what they say to people who understand your natural human language.

@Antonio

• Evolution may be a part of Biological Manipulation in a way but still different from it.
  • I already mentioned about Power Modification to @Unshakeable
  • Imperceptibility (can't be preceived by the 5 human senses) would be needed and separated into types. which Inodorosity, Ingustability (having no taste as mentioned by @Crzer) and Inaudibility are considered as good examples of it since they fall under that power.
  • I also wish dividing powers into types weren't a thing too but if we don't do that, superpowers would be too complex to understand without separating any possible differences that it may have. Also, dividing sub-powers into types under 1 power reduces the creation of specific powers anyway.
  • Paradox Defiance might need its own page and this pretty much gives you the first 3 or 4 types of Acausality by default, according to what the ability allows you to do as explained on the page.
  • Paradox Existence may be a part of Acausality but actually a different power & there's multiple types of it.
  • Undead Pulse can be named to Perfect Undead (being both alive & dead) and we really need that on the Immortality page since Undead is already a thing, so should Perfect Undead.
Also, Deathless Immortality should be changed to "Amortality" (neither dead or alive) tbh.

• Innate Capability would be needed as well.
  • Glyph Creation =/= Platform Creation, using glyphs to create platforms is a type of method of using this ability, it does not automatically mean they are the same.
  • Trapping Intuition would be the right term since just having the knowledge of being capable of doing it, doesn't automatically mean you mastered it and this applies to all other skills based on having the knowledge to do it.
  • Language Assimilation should be a separate power as you're gathering knowledge of how to speak the language of the person you're using this ability on through physical contact.
  • I agree with separating -lism (ex: Zoolinguilism) abilities into types under 1 power.

@Eficiente "

• Enchantment: Power Bestowal and/or Statistics Amplification.
  • Retrocognition: Limited Clairvoyance, Extrasensory Perception and/or Psychometry. For the given examples it's none of those powers but Information Analysis because math.
  • Mediumship: Well, I don't disagree with it but I do have to say that I don't find it worth it.
  • Superhuman Aim/Superhuman Marksmanship: Weapon Mastery and/or Superhuman Physical Characteristics."
Objection!

• Enchantment: It clearly does not work that way, its a type of spell (also known as a hex) to bewitch things such as objects and/or people, so it has nothing to do with bestowing power. As for Statistics Amplification, this just a bonus to it but then again, not all Enchanters can do this due to possible limitations their enchantments may have.
  • Retrocognition: It's funny that we can't have this somehow but we have Precognition, which is basically that but the exact opposite of the ability. So yeah no, that's not a valid reason why we can't also have Retrocognition. Retrocognition involves seeing into the past and knowing past events, not Information Analysis (since it allows you to immediately know all biological-rated things about a person, which Recognition cannot automatically give you that knowledge instantly). It may be a type of power that you could do if you have Psychometry and/or Clairvoyancy but is still considered different from that.
  • Mediumship: This power may not be worth it to you in your viewpoint on it but not to others.
  • Superhuman Marksmanship: Who said that this ability only involves weapons? It could also involve objects being used as projectiles, so you wouldn't automatically have Weapon Mastery by default.
Edit: I'm rephrasing this as I'm really trying to say here is that perfect accuracy that Superhuman Marksmanship allows you to have is gained through supernatural means, which is something that Weapon Mastery cannot automatically give you because some characters aren't guaranteed to have perfect aim nor do they always possess supernatural abilities when using real weapons.

Another thing, just because Superhuman Physical Characteristics exists does not mean this ability cannot be mentioned on the character's profile and should be considered as a type of Superhuman Physical Characteristics like we do with other powers that are separated into types. Not every character has all types of the ability, so in the character's powers & abilities should list only the specific types of superhuman characteristics they have instead of saying "Superhuman physical characteristics" if they only have like one or two that falls under SPC.

Who said that this ability only involves weapons? It could also involve objects being used as projectiles, so you wouldn't automatically have Weapon Mastery by default.

Weapon Mastery doesn't actually require for the object to be a real weapon, it just has to be used as a weapon, such as would be the case with using a projectile. Iihiko Shishime's an example of this, since he can use any object as an effective weapon. Having used glasses, a rubber band, and air as weapons in fights.

@JoshSSJGod Oh that, this would be OHKO (One Hit KO) Immunity, which is another thing that we should also have but still don't yet.

This only prevents instant-killing/instant knockout attacks for the character. Other methods such as Erasure, Disintegration, and durability penetration-related hax would get past this tho.

@Sean @Magi It isn't always just a OHKO immunity, in quite a few RPGs there's abilities like that which let characters survive any attack as long as they're above 1 hp; they don't need to be on full HP for the ability to kick in, so it doesn't always just prevent OHKOs.

Back