• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universe level CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all universes are inherently low 2-C by necessity. A verse can't treat a universe as only 3-A unless everyone involved has infinite/immeasurable speed or something crazy like that.

I think the confusion here is that you're looking at the nature of the universe (Which isn't case by case, it will always be low 2-C) and not the nature of the destruction of the universe (Which varies from 3-A, High 3-A, and low 2-C).
Then ig we treat every universe as just a low 2-C structure, aka a space time, then why destroying said structure [unless it's done by hax or something, generally like a big explosion or shockwaves or your average "I'll destroy the entire universe because my gf blocked me"] is a 3-A feat, the general assumption should be low 2-C since you are inherently destroying the entire structure and not just the matter within it [for example , if we take "I will destroy the entire universe " should be low 2-C since the universe, the structure itself which is low 2-C would be described, now 2-C feat. But if we have statements like "I will destroy the entire matter in the universe " or "I will wreak havoc and destroy everything in the universe " would just wield 3-A or high 3-A depending on the size since you are technically just destroying what's in the universe and not the entire universe]

If I'm correct, the idea that creating a universe is Low 2-C comes from such feats usually involving a creator deity emerging from a primordial void and then creating the entire cosmos from nothing, with said event often being marked as the beginning of time. We also treat different universes as being spatio-temporally independent from other universes as a default assumption, especially since fiction will often make reference to "alternate timelines" or "parallel universes" when dealing with the concept of a multiverse. Finally, as acknowledged by staff here, universes include space and time by definition, and only in extremely niche verses will time be explicitly separated from space.

Given all of that, I can understand that there is a basis to this proprosition. I just don't really swing in either direction regarding this matter - if only because I don't know that it's necessarily accurate to fiction. That said, if the proposal is approved, we should still carefully analyze the context behind such feats: if there's obvious evidence that only the matter of the universe is being affected (e.g., MCU Thanos stating that he will shred the universe on the atomic level), then that disqualifies Low 2-C. If characters can go back in time to prevent the destruction of the universe, then that is also hard evidence against Low 2-C.

I'm also undecided on how to treat pocket dimensions and realms that are stated to be spatially divided from the main universe. I guess I'll get back to you on that, if I ever come up with a response, that is.

If I'm correct, the idea that creating a universe is Low 2-C comes from such feats usually involving a creator deity emerging from a primordial void and then creating the entire cosmos from nothing, with said event often being marked as the beginning of time. We also treat different universes as being spatio-temporally independent from other universes as a default assumption, especially since fiction will often make reference to "alternate timelines" or "parallel universes" when dealing with the concept of a multiverse. Finally, as acknowledged by staff here, universes include space and time by definition, and only in extremely niche verses will time be explicitly separated from space.

Given all of that, I can understand that there is a basis to this proprosition. I just don't really swing in either direction regarding this matter - if only because I don't know that it's necessarily accurate to fiction. That said, if the proposal is approved, we should still carefully analyze the context behind such feats: if there's obvious evidence that only the matter of the universe is being affected (e.g., MCU Thanos stating that he will shred the universe on the atomic level), then that disqualifies Low 2-C. If characters can go back in time to prevent the destruction of the universe, then that is also hard evidence against Low 2-C.

I'm also undecided on how to treat pocket dimensions and realms that are stated to be spatially divided from the main universe. I guess I'll get back to you on that, if I ever come up with a response, that is.
I agree with what you have just said.
Well I personally think that the general assumption of destroying an entire universe [the whole structure]should be low 2-C by default unless there is some contradictions, like saying "I will destroy/erase/eradicate all things withimg the universe/matter in universe/everythimg in the universe " these statement should get us 3-A since they are only dealing with what's inside the universe , aka matter, galaxies etc...
But statement such as "I will destroy the entire/whole/everything even the universe itself " type of statement should get us low 2-C since they are dealing with the whole structure [which Is a space time] and not just the matter within

I don’t really have anything to say here.
We’ll treat them like we always have. Though I do understand your concern. Ultima had an interesting take on this subject from what I heard.

Well all universes are inherently low 2-C by necessity. A verse can't treat a universe as only 3-A unless everyone involved has infinite/immeasurable speed or something crazy like that.

I think the confusion here is that you're looking at the nature of the universe (Which isn't case by case, it will always be low 2-C) and not the nature of the destruction of the universe (Which varies from 3-A, High 3-A, and low 2-C).
If said explosion destroys other universes it's obviously 2-C. If it's only affecting them then it's unquantifiable.

Just because space is cut off doesn't mean time is too. Is an underground bunker on a different timeline than the rest of the planet?
This is correct, yes.

If said explosion destroys other universes it's obviously 2-C. If it's only affecting them then it's unquantifiable.

Just because space is cut off doesn't mean time is too. Is an underground bunker on a different timeline than the rest of the planet?
Probably the stupidest thing I've ever read which just so happens to be a logical fallacy

Yes, you need to improve on your attitude and behave in a respectful manner to both our volunteer workers/staff and regular members if you want to stay in this community.

I do not think that would be possible, but I suppose so, yes. I am not a very good person to ask though.

@Antvasima @SomebodyData @DarkDragonMedeus

As it stands with our current rules I want to ask a question.
Say for example there is a Low2C universe with two 3A realms in it. Named X and Y respectively.
If I destroy X realm only, but accross past, present and future, without affecting Y realm in way. Will that give me low2C rating??
Current VSBW standards don't count that as low 2-C because that realm needs to be a separate space time, at least that's as far as I know.

Current VSBW standards don't count that as low 2-C because that realm needs to be a separate space time, at least that's as far as I know.
I am talking about feat, not realm.

Say for example there is a Low2C universe with two 3A realms in it. Named X and Y respectively.
If I destroy X realm only, but accross past, present and future, without affecting Y realm in way. Will that give me low2C rating for such a feat??
Can you answer me pls.

That's either a very specific hax or that Low 2-C universe is actually 2-C.
But isn't destroying Aleph 1 amount of 3A snapshots Low2C.......which is basically what happens with destruction accross past, present and future?? Uncountable Infinite and all that jazz.....

I know destroying planet/5B sized space accross past, present and future isn't low2C.
But I see no logic in denying this with 3A.

Yes the feat would also not be low 2-C becuase the structure destroyed is not low 2-C and that is because it's not a separate space time since it's contained within a bigger space time. I think.
Actually no, destroy something of universal scale across past, present and future theoretically still infinitely superior than just 1 universal scale thing as you still destroy uncountable infinite number of universal scale thing. Universal scale Space-time continuum is just default thing for Low 2-C.

Actually no, destroy something of universal scale across past, present and future theoretically still infinitely superior than just 1 universal scale thing as you still destroy uncountable infinite number of universal scale thing. Universal scale Space-time continuum is just default thing for Low 2-C.
okay maybe that's true. Since you're still destroying the minimum space required for low 2-C.

If a certain realm contains several Low 2-C universes it seems to be 2-C, but we are derailing from the original purpose of this thread.
This is important though...
This just proves @Zamasu_Chan points and premise, the OP of the thread.

Universes always have a time flow , past present and future. Even if the realms share time stream with other universes.

So Naturally different bodies of space are automatically low2C. And collectively they are 2C.

If I destroy X realm only, but accross past, present and future, without affecting Y realm in way. Will that give me low2C rating??
This depends. If the realms are bodies of matter then it's low 2-C. If they are entirely separate spaces within a bigger space then it's 2-C, since the different space would account for time as well.

This depends. If the realms are bodies of matter then it's low 2-C. If they are entirely separate spaces within a bigger space then it's 2-C, since the different space would account for time as well.
Separate spaces...
Exactly your premise.....which Somebody and Ant kinda sorta agrees with it seems.....👀

Can you remind us what exactly that you want to change?

Can you remind us what exactly that you want to change?
Since we treat all universes as low 2-C, I think treating their destruction as low 2-C until proven otherwise, since 3-A technically isn’t universal but multi galaxy on steroids.

I also want people to understand that different dimensions of space would have their own time as lon as there's movement.

Okay. Thanks for the summary.

We have to use the available evidence regarding whether only the physical matter of the universe was destroyed or the entire spacetime continuum though. We cannot automatically assume a massively higher rating than what we have evidence for.

Okay. Thanks for the summary.

We have to use the available evidence regarding whether only the physical matter of the universe was destroyed or the entire spacetime continuum though. We cannot automatically assume a massively higher rating than what we have evidence for.
This is where the “proven otherwise” thing comes into play.

Well, I much prefer to go with "proven Low 2-C" over "assumed to be Low 2-C unless proven otherwise". It is much safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back