• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undyne the Undying vs Sans

You block with not your own attacks but with something Undyne gave to you. In order for Sans to block anything, it must be with his own attacks, which he uses during his turn.

Nobody in game is supposed to be able to dodge, what with it being a turn based game and you being the player. But that once more is a game mechanic, which as stated above, is against the rules. Undyne would be abe to dodge in this scenario. And if there are no turns, sure, Sans can block Undyne's spears with bones, but irl a spear hurled by a crazy strong warrior would smash through bone. And if Undyne made a cage of spears, well, that would totally deflect pretty much any attack. Gaster Blasters from what i can tell only work on KR people so that's out of the question.

Sans can throw bones, but spear trumps bone. And she only has to hit him once; Green Mode can make it so that he is unable to dodge and can only attack (if it's his turn, which there are no turns in this scenario sooo), and while he could probably teleport Undyne and her spears away, he can't teleport a bajillion spears coming at him all at the same time away.

Okay, the spears vs. bones thing doesn't make any sense. Bones were able to block friendliness pellets, which did 19 damage. Spears from UTU do 6 damage. If we're not going by game mechanics, then Sans would not have his feet planted to the ground completed unable to move. Again, it's likely that moving and fleeing at different things. We also don't know if green mode restricts the use of magic. I still think that he can teleport out of the way, but that can go either way.

ARandomSkeletonMan said:
You block with not your own attacks but with something Undyne gave to you. In order for Sans to block anything, it must be with his own attacks, which he uses during his turn.

Nobody in game is supposed to be able to dodge, what with it being a turn based game and you being the player. But that once more is a game mechanic, which as stated above, is against the rules. Undyne would be abe to dodge in this scenario. And if there are no turns, sure, Sans can block Undyne's spears with bones, but irl a spear hurled by a crazy strong warrior would smash through bone. And if Undyne made a cage of spears, well, that would totally deflect pretty much any attack. Gaster Blasters from what i can tell only work on KR people so that's out of the question.

Sans can throw bones, but spear trumps bone. And she only has to hit him once; Green Mode can make it so that he is unable to dodge and can only attack (if it's his turn, which there are no turns in this scenario sooo), and while he could probably teleport Undyne and her spears away, he can't teleport a bajillion spears coming at him all at the same time away.
How does gaster blasters only work against people with kR nothing proves all of sans's attacks cause damage with kR or without kR in this scenario since kR doesn't work on undyne sans's attacks will cause one damage per frame which means sans's attacks will cause 40 damage to undyne every second if she fails to dodge the attacks which she probably will since sans is way faster than undyne also what proves bones are weaker than spears this is just pure speculation the bones can cause one damage per frame which is equal to 40 damage in one second while the spears only cause 6 damage

Okay.

Papyrus's bones blocked the friendliness pellets. They are 5x stronger. Spears were able to block friendliness pellets. They do more damage, too, meaning they're simply more powerful than bones. Green Mode makes it so that you cannot dodge in any way. He would have no ability to telport himself out of the paths of the spears. And it restricts both movement and fleeing, or else you would actually be able to move around the bullet board. Since the Gaster Blasters also do only one damage, they are automatically weaker than spears. Sans's telportation is an ability that lets him dodge, not magic. He would still be able to attack, just no teleporting himself out of an attack.

ARandomSkeletonMan said:
Okay.

Papyrus's bones blocked the friendliness pellets. They are 5x stronger. Spears were able to block friendliness pellets. They do more damage, too, meaning they're simply more powerful than bones. Green Mode makes it so that you cannot dodge in any way. He would have no ability to telport himself out of the paths of the spears. And it restricts both movement and fleeing, or else you would actually be able to move around the bullet board. Since the Gaster Blasters also do only one damage, they are automatically weaker than spears. Sans's telportation is an ability that lets him dodge, not magic. He would still be able to attack, just no teleporting himself out of an attack.
All of sans's attacks cause one damage per frame which is equal to 40 damage in a second while undyne's spears only cause 6 damage also when did undyne block the freindliness pellets undyne never even fought flowey also green mode restricts movement but doesn't restrict someone from using his magic abilities

Sans's bones only do one damage. Invincibility frames are irrelevant if they only do one damage. That means that they are automatically weaker than spears. Undyne deflects friendliness pellets in the pacifist ending when everyone deflects the friendliness pellets sway from Frisk's soul.

ARandomSkeletonMan said:
Sans's bones only do one damage. Invincibility frames are irrelevant if they only do one damage. That means that they are automatically weaker than spears. Undyne deflects friendliness pellets in the pacifist ending when everyone deflects the friendliness pellets sway from Frisk's soul.
Papyrus and sans also deaflected the freindliness pellets

Yes, Papyrus deflected the pellets, but not Sans. He never uses any of his attacks at all during the true pacifist ending, and it Papyrus's text that appears after the pellets are deflected by the bones, not Sans's, so one logically is led to the conclusion that they were Papyrus's bones and not Sans's.

It's possible that Sans could use blue bones, we can't confirm that any attacks could be broken. As Frisk spear tanks a lot of spears, so durability is an odd thing in this game. Also, sans is faster so sans should have the first turn. Also, in the game, Undyne has to touch your soul to apply green mode, unlike blue mode for Sans. So Sans could dodge from the start.

Yeah, the whole blocking thing is kind of irrelevant in this scenario becuase both can do it... I mean, when you get hit by a blue bone it disappears, right? I could be wrong. I think I'm wrong there.

No Undyne does NOT have to hit your soul to apply Green Mode. Wherever you are in the bullet box, a wave of her magical spear will glue your feet to the ground.

Whoever is faster has no effect in the matter of who gets the first turn. It's basically whatever. Either way, a turn can (but an attack can't) last twelve and a half minutes, which is how long it takes 32 damage per second to kill Undyne with her 24,000 health. So I give it to Undyne.

ARandomSkeletonMan said:
Yeah, the whole blocking thing is kind of irrelevant in this scenario becuase both can do it... I mean, when you get hit by a blue bone it disappears, right? I could be wrong. I think I'm wrong there.

No Undyne does NOT have to hit your soul to apply Green Mode. Wherever you are in the bullet box, a wave of her magical spear will glue your feet to the ground.

Whoever is faster has no effect in the matter of who gets the first turn. It's basically whatever. Either way, a turn can (but an attack can't) last twelve and a half minutes, which is how long it takes 32 damage per second to kill Undyne with her 24,000 health. So I give it to Undyne.
First why are we applying game mechanics here second sans is faster than undyne that means he can simply get out of the way before the magical wave can hit him third everyone knows sans is stronger than papyrus and also has better magic control than papyrus so of papyrus was able to block the freindliness pellets that sans can also block them

ARandomSkeletonMan said:

First, bullet box = game mechanic

Sans' blue bones don't disappear

Sans' fight should last a bit longer than 12.5 minutes, so he can probably deal that damage.

Sans can probably last longer, as he was pretty depleted in the genocide.

Green mode is a bit iffy, but I still give it to Sans

Yes, bullet box = game mechanic

Code:
The point here is that no matter where you are fighting Undyne, she can activate Green Mode.
Papyrus is WAAAAAAY stronger than Sans. He has much higher attack, defense, health, and even more training than Sans. His magic control is perfect. Bullet spamming =/= strength. Sans's fight CAN last more than 12.5 minutes, but if he cannot block Undyne's spears and can only teleport so many away from an entire volley, he is basically going to be hit by at least one.

ARandomSkeletonMan said:
Yes, bullet box = game mechanic
Papyrus has better stats than sans but that doesn't mean papyrus is "waaaaay" stronger than sans.sans kept beating up and deafeating chara the same chara that one shotted papyrus sans has way better magic control than papyrus its very obvious papyrus can only make frisk stay at the bottom of the bullet box with his blue mode while sans kept smashing and dragging chara through the bullet box with his blue mode.papyrus's bones move very slowly in one direction while san's bones move very quickly in all direction sans can cause 40 damage per second with his invincibility frames papyrus is nowhere close to this papyrus only has slow bones and a weak blue mode sans has very fast bones,gaster blasters and a very strong blue mode also yes undyne can activate green mode in any place but sans can still simply dodge the green mode wave also why would sans be unable to block undyne's attack he has the invincibility frames multiple attacks from him can destroy all of undyne's spears

That's where you're wrong, kiddo. I was looking over some footage of Undyne the undying's battle, and you're in Green Mode before the fight even starts. There' no avoiding Green mode in a fight with Undyne.

Papyrus's heart really wasn't in that fight. And besides, can Sans actually make his attacks do whatever amount of damage he wants? Papyrus can, so that you always have 1hp in his fight. Seems pretty good.

Muratticugaratti said:
dude sans wayyyyyyy stronger than papyrus he can use gaster blasters and better magic control and nobody said sans's hp is 1
Muratticugaratti said:
and chara only can beat sans broke the game maybe he can dodge forever

He does have 1 hp. It's in the game code. And whether he can dodge while being green is the question that created half of this thread

ARandomSkeletonMan said:
That's where you're wrong, kiddo. I was looking over some footage of Undyne the undying's battle, and you're in Green Mode before the fight even starts. There' no avoiding Green mode in a fight with Undyne.

Papyrus's heart really wasn't in that fight. And besides, can Sans actually make his attacks do whatever amount of damage he wants? Papyrus can, so that you always have 1hp in his fight. Seems pretty good.
Code:
You just don't seem to understand kiddo When you are in red mode while fighting undyne, undyne turns you back to green mode by firing a certain wave thats enough to prove that green mode can be dodged about the beginning of the fight undyne probably fired this wave on frisk at the beginning of the fight offscreen about sans being or being not stronger than papyrus as muratticugaratti said its obvious sans is way stronger than papyrus and I won't argue this point with you anymore kiddo

No. You really don't understand. No matter where you are in the bullet box, you change from green to red or red to green. That wave has literally nothing to do with it. And Papyrus is at the *very least* ON PAR with Sans. Otherwise he'd never be able to get into the sentry job, since only strong monsters are in it.

(You apparently take offense to the term "kiddo". That basically tells me you're really not mature enough to be here.)

The fact of the matter is that we have never seen Papyrus go all-out. Chara sure did kill paps in one hit, but they also happened to kill Sans in one hit. We never even got to see what his special attack was. We have no comprehension of exactly what Papyrus can do. He could even be stronger than Sans. Why are we even talking about that though? The point here is that with Undyne's raw attack spped, far greater raw power, and (relatively) far greater endurance, Sans just couldn't beat Undyne. We must take consolation in the fact that we'd probably never see this fight irl, but the outcome is fairly obvious.

Arandomskeletonman I won't argue with you anymore you are just to stubborn from the moment you came to this thread and not only me but other people have kept debating with and you just won't listen to anyone its pointless to argue with you since you will just keep saying that "undyne can stomp sans"and that tells me you are the one who is not mature enough to be here ,even if you reply to this I won't reply back because you are simply not worth replying to. I Am OUT

Undyne could take this rather easily in my opinion. Sans' only real advantage comes from more speed and some more hax. None of those hax are fatal to Undyne though, so I guess they hardly matter in this scenario. Sans can't even do anything even that would remotely kill Undyne as she won't be affected by Karmic Retribution. Sans can keep dodging only for so long and will tire out. After that, Sans gets one shotted because Undyne is very persistent is scenarios like these.

I only keep coming here because people ignore basic facts. People keep responding specifically to me, too. I will indeed admit that I am stubborn, but this discussion is not about me.

Undyne stomps Sans. Give me one battle scenario where Sans wins without any flaws and I will shut up. Which literally can't happen, by the way; I don't mean to sound condescending but Sans just can't win. And I'm the only one here that has to keep enunciating their point because you all refuse to see basic reason.

It's all about point of view. Often the Undertale fandom can be too cancerous, making Sans out to be a god or something. He's just not. And he can't win against Undyne with her specific skill set against his.

Not calling you, specifically, cancerous though, just the cancerous nature of the UT fandom may influence some opinions.

Aldahshan93161 said:
Papyrus has better stats than sans but that doesn't mean papyrus is "waaaaay" stronger than sans.sans kept beating up and deafeating chara the same chara that one shotted papyrus sans has way better magic control than papyrus its very obvious papyrus can only make frisk stay at the bottom of the bullet box with his blue mode while sans kept smashing and dragging chara through the bullet box with his blue mode.papyrus's bones move very slowly in one direction while san's bones move very quickly in all direction sans can cause 40 damage per second with his invincibility frames papyrus is nowhere close to this papyrus only has slow bones and a weak blue mode sans has very fast bones,gaster blasters and a very strong blue mode also yes undyne can activate green mode in any place but sans can still simply dodge the green mode wave also why would sans be unable to block undyne's attack he has the invincibility frames multiple attacks from him can destroy all of undyne's spears
You are forgetting the fact that:

1)Sans is not the only monster that can last longer with chara, both Sans and undying are stated that the only monsters that can match with that devil in the whole genocide route. Say that Sans is more faster than undying is a fallacy, just because she can't dodge doens't means that she could not attack at the same speed like Sans.

2)You are still assuming that KR would have effect on undying, sounds like a perfect example of fallacy. Without KR Sans only deals 1 damege and can't bypass invincibility frames, summoning that Undying have 23000 HP will make impossible for him beat her. Even with KR the amount of HP that he need to drop is to much high.

3) Another fallacy? okay. Says that Sans could destroy undying spears, Undying have 99 ATK and Sans have 1 ATK..... is pretty obvious that undying spears would destroy his BONES "badum tss"( KR is only capable for bypass invincibily frames from the HP of a opponet, is never stated that could do the same thing with another magical attack, that also including teleport her spears and about teleporting).

4)Sans never used that ability to avoid chara, meaning that he could not just teleport any time he want, about teleporting in the midle of a attack, is more like a distraction than a defesive thing.

Would go with UtU due to being Completely Immune to KR (her battle them is literally called Battle Against A True Hero) Without KR, Sans is gonna be doing one damage, then Undyne gets Invincibility frames.

Undyne the Undying has either 23,000 or 24,000 HP, more than enough to outlast someone like Sans, especially if KR does not effect her, meaning Sans is doing 1 damage, and gives Undyne invincibility frames.

Hell, UtU has 99 DEF so its not hard to see why she could not negate Sans 1 damage attacks entirely, Sans turns are fast, however this is going to be working against him due to Undyne getting Invincibility frames, so if Undyne is getting hit once every turn. The Sans fight goes for 22 turns, plus Sans is gonna have to dodge alot more attacks than his final battle with Chara, meaning he probably won't even last 22 turns.

Undyne the Undying has an expiry date, but Sans is not gonna be able to fight for 24 hours straight, one hit from Undyne and he is gone, I vote Undyne.

(has no one noticed that the whole reason you can't be killed while Sans is slapping you around the bullet box at the end of his fight is because KR alone cannot kill you?)

i dont see the point of this fight

sans has been clearly mintioned as the weakest monster of the underground even weaker than monster kid. thats mean there is a wide gap between monster kid and sans makes monster kid completly unaffacted from sans attack

and about his soulhax the every monster has a resistance from soul manpulation so his soulhax wont work on anyone

the KARMA also wont work since the monsters are kind people

.the only thing that sans has here is the speed. which is going to be questionable since every monster are using danmaku

on another word undyne doesnt need any magicalgirl transformation to win this encounter

Ôû¬sorry. wrong thread!

Ôû¬not when your most useful hax doesn't work with good guysdark magicians girl

Ôû¬oh . theb what is the ability that makes you resist soulhax

Sans is powerful. There's no doubt he can beat many foes. However, Undyne's durability and persistence gives her the edge. Green mode won't cancel teleporting, but it WILL cancel movement. So Undyne will probably get the 1 hit in. Also, the only reason Chara had to break the game is that Sans had JUST broke the game. This is set in real life, not an RPG. And Sans said it himself: he was doomed to die if he didn't stop the turn. So, as much as I love Sans, I vote Undyne.

Back