• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Yellow Discussion Thread

Don't think "whose check stats put her below Asgore" really works, since I'm pretty sure UTY uses in-game stats instead of UT's like in-verse ones, plus that would put Zenith Martlet below both Mettaton and Undyne, which wouldn't make much sense for "The zenith of Monsterkind."
I don't know why the UTY Check stats wouldn't be the in-verse ones. They having a gameplay function only means they serve two purposes at once.
It should also be mentioned they serve a narrative purpose: One of UTY's main plot points is the fact that regular Undertale was too mush for Clover to handle, which is reinforced all of the check stats outside of Zenith Martlet making the monsters you fight weaker than Papyrus.

I don't know why the UTY Check stats wouldn't be the in-verse ones. They having a gameplay function only means they serve two purposes at once.
It should also be mentioned they serve a narrative purpose: One of UTY's main plot points is the fact that regular Undertale was too mush for Clover to handle, which is reinforced all of the check stats outside of Zenith Martlet making the monsters you fight weaker than Papyrus.
Mostly iffy about the UTY Checks cause of Axis getting stronger in Genocide for no apparent reason, but we won't be able to cross scale em with UT's cause of this,
UT Froggit Check is ATK 4 and DEF 5, UTY Froggit Check is ATK 3 and DEF 2, so yeah

Mostly iffy about the UTY Checks cause of Axis getting stronger in Genocide for no apparent reason
There is a reason.
Chujin says that Axis used more force than intended against Integrity, blaming it to him overshooting variables.

Axis getting higher stats happens after he scans Clover in geno, finds the situation "familiar" and proceeds to diagnose them as a level 10 threat. The implication is that Axis varies in strenght depending on the threat level of who he's facing, and that he mistakenly diagnosed Integrity as a level 10 threat.
UT Froggit Check is ATK 4 and DEF 5, UTY Froggit Check is ATK 3 and DEF 2, so yeah
Does every Froggit have to be exactly as strong as each other? If it was a massive stat disparity like "ATK 5 million in UT, ATK -4 in UTY" I would get the skepticism, but is looks like a small discrepancy in what otherwise seems to be a bunch of stats intentionally chosen to reinforce one of the most plot relevant choices Flowey makes.

There is a reason.
Chujin says that Axis used more force than intended against Integrity, blaming it to him overshooting variables.

Axis getting higher stats happens after he scans Clover in geno, finds the situation "familiar" and proceeds to diagnose them as a level 10 threat. The implication is that Axis varies in strenght depending on the threat level of who he's facing, and that he mistakenly diagnosed Integrity as a level 10 threat.
Fair nuff,
Does every Froggit have to be exactly as strong as each other? If it was a massive stat disparity like "ATK 5 million in UT, ATK -4 in UTY" I would get the skepticism, but is looks like a small discrepancy in what otherwise seems to be a bunch of stats intentionally chosen to reinforce one of the most plot relevant choices Flowey makes.
Every Froggit in UT has the exact same stats? Why would Clover encounter one strangely weak Froggit that seemingly just disappeared when Frisk fell? I get the narrative point, but it gets contradicted by Flowey considering the 15 ATK Ceroba somewhat on-par with Asgore (Literally every single Waterfall Monster would be stronger than her and Clover reached Hotland without Flowey's help before) and the "Zenith of Monsterkind" being weaker than every Core Mercenary?

Every Froggit in UT has the exact same stats?
Every one you face. Then there's the Froggit NPCs who look exactly the same yet show an absurdly higher level of inteligence.
If there can be such a massive disparity in cognitive capabilities between members of the same species that look identical to each other, why can't there be a small stat difference?
Why would Clover encounter one strangely weak Froggit that seemingly just disappeared when Frisk fell?
The Ruins are big enough to have a city with several buildings, there's enough space for one Froggit to never show up in-game.
I get the narrative point, but it gets contradicted by Flowey considering the 15 ATK Ceroba somewhat on-par with Asgore (Literally every single Waterfall Monster would be stronger than her and Clover reached Hotland without Flowey's help before)
And if you quit geno in Steamworks Flowey will finish off in one attack that Clover that took on a supposedly an Asgore level threat, which kinda destroys the whole "Flowey can't take on Asgore" narrative
and the "Zenith of Monsterkind" being weaker than every Core Mercenary?
I honestly don't know what to make of Z!Martet. The statement is there but it would have been really easy to tweak the damage calculation to make the monsters' stats higher without breaking the game.

Does anyone else here have any strong opinion about this?

Back