• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Yellow Discussion Thread

I want to share my thoughts on UTY scaling.

First off the vast majority of the new characters don't have any notable feats aside from fighting Clover and there isn't anything in the game that could possibly go into tier 8 or above. Most of our scaling will come from check stats and Clover scaling to canon characters (which are just Flowey and Asgore).

Here is a list of notable feats that I remember.
Clover survives a massive fall while going from Snowdin into the Dunes. At least 9-C,likely 9-B
North Star throws dynamite sticks at you during his battle. Probably 9-B
A robot named AXIS managed to succesfully kill a human in the past.
A character named Ceroba could restrain this robot with ease (and so could Flowey.)
Clover is completely unable to defeat Asgore in the pacifist route but could one shot him in the Geno route.
Clover has less determination than Flowey and can not save on their own until the end of the Geno route where they reach LV 20 and take control of the save file away from Flowey.
I hope this post can get the ball rolling.

First off the vast majority of the new characters don't have any notable feats aside from fighting Clover and there isn't anything in the game that could possibly go into tier 8 or above. Most of our scaling will come from check stats and Clover scaling to canon characters (which are just Flowey and Asgore).
Still didn't complete the Genocide Route, but the thing is mostly featless ye. There's stuff only around 9-C/9-B feat wise, and the fact that the best scaling I saw is Clover ""fighting"" a soulless Flowey is definitely not that encouraging.

Btw the Check stats are the actual in-game stats, thought this meant we could scale em to the UT cast's in-game stats
But then the Froggit Check is ATK 3 and DEF 2, which is neither the Check or in-game stats of a Froggit, so I dunno what to do lol

Btw the Check stats are the actual in-game stats, thought this meant we could scale em to the UT cast's in-game stats
But then the Froggit Check is ATK 3 and DEF 2, which is neither the Check or in-game stats of a Froggit, so I dunno what to do lol
It just means that we only use approximations to compare X to Canon character, as the developers clearly don't use the canon stats.

Only real thing I can think of is scaling from Axis who killed a human who was making the Genocide Route, making them generally a "9-B, likely 9-A" at absolute least imho.

Froggit Check stats are the same as Micro Froggit's, probably where they came from
Only real thing I can think of is scaling from Axis who killed a human who was making the Genocide Route, making them generally a "9-B, likely 9-A" at absolute least imho.
Ceroba should also be around Asgore's level going by what Flowey said,
ldcoC8O.png

77ZOugu.png

1ufRwGj.png

Froggit Check stats are the same as Micro Froggit's, probably where they came from

Ceroba should also be around Asgore's level going by what Flowey said,
ldcoC8O.png

77ZOugu.png

1ufRwGj.png
That's more Flowey manipulating Clover imo, as he just wants to use them to get the SOULs. A Clover that could take hits from a far stronger Cerbora was fodderizzed from Asgore after all. I am not saying Clover didn't get stronger than Asgore at the end of Genocide, but using Flowey's words as the sole basis of scaling is just really weak imo.

Plus FOR SOME REASON I DON'T KNOW, Dalv, Martlet and Cerbora can take hits from Geno!Clover despite them not having DT, yet Starlo gets one-shotted. And it's from the same gun Clover uses against them. How is this fair.

That's more Flowey manipulating Clover imo, as he just wants to use them to get the SOULs. A Clover that could take hits from a far stronger Cerbora was fodderizzed from Asgore after all. I am not saying Clover didn't get stronger than Asgore at the end of Genocide, but using Flowey's words as the sole basis of scaling is just really weak imo.
Ehh, Yellow Mode Clover fought Kitsune Ceroba while Base Clover fought Asgore, the same one Ceroba nearly killed as soon as she used her full power
Plus, Clover didn't have Flowey's SAVE n LOAD to count on against Asgore while the did against Genocide Ceroba, even needing it to memorize her attacks according to Flowey
Edit: Asgore also needs 4 hits to kill Clover while using his full power, not too different from Ceroba

Last edited:
Plus FOR SOME REASON I DON'T KNOW, Dalv, Martlet and Cerbora can take hits from Geno!Clover despite them not having DT, yet Starlo gets one-shotted. And it's from the same gun Clover uses against them. How is this fair.
You do get the Wild Revolver right before the dual against Starlo, so only really Ceroba takes similar attacks and lives, although Starlo does also get one-shot when he tries to shoot you with one bullet left in the Neutral Route, I guess lad is just super vulnerable in duels lol

Starlo got one-shot because he wasn't actually willing to fight Clover.
If you don't shoot him during the stand off it is revealed that he was using a toy gun and couldn't bring himself to fight Clover for real. He even calls himself a fraud.

Since Starlo didn't want to fight he got one-shot like a monster that is about to get hit with a betrayal kill.

From the wiki:
If Clover draws, Starlo is always fatally shot. If Clover waits until Starlo draws, he reveals that he was holding a toy gun, acknowledging that he couldn't do it for real. Starlo then thanks Clover for 'letting him feel cool', and Clover shoots him anyways.

Ehh, Yellow Mode Clover fought Kitsune Ceroba while Base Clover fought Asgore, the same one Ceroba nearly killed as soon as she used her full power
Plus, Clover didn't have Flowey's SAVE n LOAD to count on against Asgore while the did against Genocide Ceroba, even needing it to memorize her attacks according to Flowey
Edit: Asgore also needs 4 hits to kill Clover while using his full power, not too different from Ceroba
I think it's meant in the narrative that Asgore is a hill that Clover can't climb over no matter what, this is why Flowey doesn't even bother to LOAD for them, otherwise he'd do so if Asgore is roughly on the same level as Ceroba. Plus nothing in Yellow contradicts the fact that Flowey still killed everyone but Asgore in the Genocide, and the fact he knows all the new charas means he's killed them as well.
You do get the Wild Revolver right before the dual against Starlo, so only really Ceroba takes similar attacks and lives, although Starlo does also get one-shot when he tries to shoot you with one bullet left in the Neutral Route, I guess lad is just super vulnerable in duels lol
What I mean is that normal monsters in UT against Geno levels of bloodlust they get one shotted, but Dalv, Martlet and Cerbora take all these hits like normal.

I mean, Toriel is as strong as Asgore, so there has to be more to why Flowey/Clover can't beat Asgore than just brute strength

Last edited:
I mean, Toriel is as strong as Asgore, so there has to be more to why Flowey/Clover can't beat Asgore than just brute strength
Toriel can be defeated from far weaker characters like Undyne and a Frisk with shit equipment due to her generally holding back in fights (unless is Asgore lol), so Flowey just overpowering her is unlikely.

Cerbora is clearly not like Toriel, that's the thing.

Regardless, I absolutely hate how the characters are all just furry OCs. Not saying that the og UT's monsters aren't furries, but the Yellow ones look far too humanoid. Plus in the scene with Alphys and Martlet, you can clearly see the style difference, former is simpler and is just, you know, a lizard-like Monster creature, and latter is a very detailed bird furrysuit with lots of shading lol.

Clover survives a massive fall while going from Snowdin into the Dunes. At least 9-C,likely 9-B
North Star throws dynamite sticks at you during his battle. Probably 9-B
A robot named AXIS managed to succesfully kill a human in the past.
A character named Ceroba could restrain this robot with ease (and so could Flowey.)
Clover is completely unable to defeat Asgore in the pacifist route but could one shot him in the Geno route.
Clover has less determination than Flowey and can not save on their own until the end of the Geno route where they reach LV 20 and take control of the save file away from Flowey.
I rewatched the scene where Clover falls and they were only falling for a few seconds meaning that the fall couldn't have been too long and is definitely 9-C.
However Clovers fall being 9-C does not hurt the 9-B ratings at all since Clover does not get any sort of damage from the fall.

As for whether anyone aside from Clover with their biden blast and Martlet with the funny needle reaches 9-A depends on if we think they could scale above Papyrus,Knight Knight,Mettaton (Box Form) or Wosua.
For Ceroba I personally think that her reaching 9-A isn't absurd.
Regardless, I absolutely hate how the characters are all just furry OCs. Not saying that the og UT's monsters aren't furries, but the Yellow ones look far too humanoid. Plus in the scene with Alphys and Martlet, you can clearly see the style difference, former is simpler and is just, you know, a lizard-like Monster creature, and latter is a very detailed bird furrysuit with lots of shading lol.
That's a nice opinion, did a YouTuber give it to you?

Last edited:
Eh I wouldn't say all the monsters in yellow are humanoid like that, peps like the Feisty Four, Bits & Bites, Decibat and most background monsters have pretty unique designs.

Many of Undertale/Deltarune's monsters are also extremely humanoid (Toriel, Undyne, Susie, Berdly)

As for whether anyone aside from Clover with their biden blast and Martlet with the funny needle reaches 9-A depends on if we think they could scale above Papyrus,Knight Knight,Mettaton (Box Form) or Wosua.
Asgore being pulverized isn't exactly calcable due to monsters being made of magic instead of physical matter. The wall behind instead can though.

Regardless, as UT Yellow doesn't follow the canon stats, Zenith Martlet and End of Geno Clover are absolutely 9-A, as the former is definitely stronger than Asgore due to her being described as the Zenith of monsterkind, so at least we have that.
For Ceroba I personally think that her reaching 9-A isn't absurd.
I think that Ceroba is the only one who can get a "9-B, likely 9-A" due to scaling from Axis who's killed a bloodlusted human, who should be stronger than at least Snowdin monsters.
That's a nice opinion, did a YouTuber give it to you?
I felt that from quite sometime, the dude only reinforced it. It's also when Martlet/Choujin were shown together in that cutscene, they didn't feel like UT monsters to me either lol.
Eh I wouldn't say all the monsters in yellow are humanoid like that, peps like the Feisty Four, Bits & Bites, Decibat and most background monsters have pretty unique designs.
Background monsters are nice ye, talking about the "story-relevant ones". Plus the Dalv and the dancer guy were literally just men come on.
Many of Undertale/Deltarune's monsters are also extremely humanoid (Toriel, Undyne, Susie, Berdly)
They are absolutely not, they're a fair share of human/animal traits (like Berdly hasn't even human legs come on). UT Yellow ones just don't give that "definitely far from human" vibe.

I rewatched the scene where Clover falls and they were only falling for a few seconds meaning that the fall couldn't have been too long and is definitely 9-C.
However Clovers fall being 9-C does not hurt the 9-B ratings at all since Clover does not get any sort of damage from the fall.
Clover gets put at 1HP after that fall, so I wouldn't say that lad wasn't hurt by it
Fall damage is one of the most widespread anti-feats in media tho, even our 9-A Undyne takes hefty damage from a 9-C fall

Regardless, as UT Yellow doesn't follow the canon stats, Zenith Martlet and End of Geno Clover are absolutely 9-A, as the former is definitely stronger than Asgore due to her being described as the Zenith of monsterkind, so at least we have that.
LV20 Clover's stats ain't too different from LV19, so I think we can just scale Zenith Martlet to the Asgore one-shot, or the wall bust if it ends up being higher
I think that Ceroba is the only one who can get a "9-B, likely 9-A" due to scaling from Axis who's killed a bloodlusted human, who should be stronger than at least Snowdin monsters.
Chujin is also a Boss Monster, which should place him at "At least 9-B, possibly 9-A" going by Asriel's profile

Chujin is also a Boss Monster, which should place him at "At least 9-B, possibly 9-A" going by Asriel's profile
I absolutely hate that Asriel's key, as it's only is backed up from assumptions and scaling from other monsters rather than actual showings. But idrc, as both Martlet and Starlo are both OHKO'd from Cerbora, so them being 9-A is out of the question anyways.

Wonder if we can scale Clover to the giant fan since lad can just stay in front of it without taking any damage, despite getting sent across the room

Wonder if we can scale Clover to the giant fan since lad can just stay in front of it without taking any damage, despite getting sent across the room
What Giant Fan? The one that takes them back at the beginning of the road if they don't hide behind a wall?

Idk how much weight my words hold given I literally just made this account lol, but figured I’d throw my two cents in.

IMO Flowey’s statement comparing Ceroba to Asgore should hold some weight, especially when you compare it to a certain Neutral route statement that Flowey would have no reason to be dishonest about.

Obviously Clover losing to Asgore in Flawed Pacifist is a pretty major thing, however there are a few reasons why I don’t think this fight contradicts the idea that Ceroba scales to Asgore:
1. You never get an option to actually attack Asgore, in fact you don’t even “fight” him the way you do any other monster or even Flowey. This either means that Clover simply refused to fight back (which is in line with their sacrifice in the other ending) or that Asgore has some crazy battle manipulation hax (which obviously doesn’t say anything about where he physically scales).

2. Clover surviving multiple attacks from an all-out Asgore shows that they scale to him on some level regardless of the reason you can’t attempt to damage him, which leads credence to base Ceroba also scaling to him.

3. This was already mentioned, but Clover doesn’t have the Shmup mode against Asgore. I’ll get to it in a moment, but Shmup mode Clover is pretty consistently portrayed as stronger than they are normally.

4. Also mentioned, base Ceroba deals similar damage to Asgore and is also shown to completely overwhelm base Pacifist Clover with her full power.

Flowey saying that Clover is “already dead” in the Geno route probably doesn’t mean anything. He’s most likely talking figuratively with Clover being “empty inside” like he is. Basically everything points to Zenith Martlet being immensely stronger than Asgore and Flowey saw Clover beat her. Not to mention he can technically have knowledge of the Neutral and Pacifist routes here, so he’d remember stuff like him comparing Neutral Clover to Asgore or base Paci Clover surviving multiple blows from him.

Last edited:
Before actually giving my thoughts on where characters scale, I want to quickly cover Clover’s Shmup mode. Shmup Clover is an indication that they’ve received a massive power boost on top of just the new abilities. For example Shmup Paci Clover’s Big Shot easily overwhelmed full power Ceroba, whereas Geno Clover barely fazed her with their attacks despite having killing intent. Paci Clover’s Big Shot also lead to Ceroba immediately going for her last resort, showing that Ceroba knew she couldn’t win without it. One bit of flavour text in the Kitsune Ceroba fight also directly states that Clover’s Soul “pulses with great power”. In Geno, Shmup Clover’s Big Shot was able to effortlessly destroy a shield that wasn’t even scratched by their prior attacks. Both the Pacifist and Genocide Shmup modes are acquired through extreme emotions as well (Determination in Pacifist and anger in Genocide), implying they’re similar in power (not that it matters but I figured I’d mention it). The Meta Flowey Shmup mode also likely came from Determination, as Flowey kept noting Clover’s stubbornness and Clover is seemingly able to escape Flowey’s clutches everytime he depletes their HP.

Characters prior to the Steamworks should scale to “9-B, possibly/likely 9-A” based on Dalv surviving an encounter with the Blue Soul human.

Axis and those who scale to him should be fully 9-A as he (seemingly easily) mutilated the Blue Soul human to the point that Chujin was sickened by the sight of their remains. Although it’s possible, I find it unlikely that someone as violent as the Blue Soul human didn’t encounter a monster in Waterfall prior to Axis finding them. Axis was also created specifically as a defence against humans and is capable of harming a LV12 Clover despite being portrayed as weaker than them.

As I’ve made it pretty clear, Ceroba should scale to “At least 9-A”, being bare minimum Asgore level while she’s at full power. Kitsune Ceroba scales far above her base form’s full strength, as she’s able to fight evenly with Shmup Clover.

Zenith Martlet obviously scales way above every other monster that appears in Yellow. I think “At least 9-A, likely far higher” is appropriate considering how she can tank multiple lasers from Geno Clover, who’s Soul alone was so tough by that point that Asgore’s trident shattered upon contact.

Hopefully this is coherent and has everything I wanted to say, I had to delete and move around some stuff.

IMO Flowey’s statement comparing Ceroba to Asgore should hold some weight, especially when you compare it to a certain Neutral route statement that Flowey would have no reason to be dishonest about.
There's no timestamp so idk what is the statement you're reffering to.
For example Shmup Paci Clover’s Big Shot easily overwhelmed full power Ceroba, whereas Geno Clover barely fazed her with their attacks despite having killing intent. Paci Clover’s Big Shot also lead to Ceroba immediately going for her last resort, showing that Ceroba knew she couldn’t win without it. One bit of flavour text in the Kitsune Ceroba fight also directly states that Clover’s Soul “pulses with great power”. In Geno, Shmup Clover’s Big Shot was able to effortlessly destroy a shield that wasn’t even scratched by their prior attacks. Both the Pacifist and Genocide Shmup modes are acquired through extreme emotions as well (Determination in Pacifist and anger in Genocide), implying they’re similar in power (not that it matters but I figured I’d mention it). The Meta Flowey Shmup mode also likely came from Determination, as Flowey kept noting Clover’s stubbornness and Clover is seemingly able to escape Flowey’s clutches everytime he depletes their HP.
All of this could have happened without Pacifist!Clover/Ceroba being comparable to Asgore.

Plus, Clover absolutely gets Determination boosts in Genocide, it's why they override Flowey's control of the timelines.
based on Dalv surviving an encounter with the Blue Soul human.
Is there a proof of that? I don't remember this.
Axis and those who scale to him should be fully 9-A as he (seemingly easily) mutilated the Blue Soul human to the point that Chujin was sickened by the sight of their remains. Although it’s possible, I find it unlikely that someone as violent as the Blue Soul human didn’t encounter a monster in Waterfall prior to Axis finding them. Axis was also created specifically as a defence against humans and is capable of harming a LV12 Clover despite being portrayed as weaker than them.
It happened at Snowdin, so we don't have any proof of the Blue Human having encountered a Snowdin monster yet. I can see a "possibly 9-A" due to them being potentially above also Waterfall monsters due to murder intent, but I don't see anything more.
In Flawed Pacifist Clover draws his gun on Asgore after he shows them the souls so he definitely wanted to fight Asgore.
This. Plus it's clear as hell that it's meant to be a one-sided fight against Asgore.

Back