• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Yellow Discussion Thread

Honestly idk if Dunebud's feat should be used or not. I'll leave that for everyone else to decide.

So I decided to make a Starlo sandbox, mainly as some practice for page editing as I haven't really done it before. Hopefully I did it in the right place lol
Btw people can edit my sandbox too if they want. I'd appreciate help with the P&A section as I admittedly kinda ignore it a lot so I don't know what every ability does. Also hopefully somebody can fix my issue with gifs not working.

All of my edit's got erased from an edit conflict, just because a quote was added while I was editing. Fml

Made some changes to Ceroba's profile.
Let me explain some of them.

Made the images aling to the right.
Removed Creation, Soul Manip, Dura neg etc. with Monster Physiology.
Removed the memory stuff since that's probably Clovers ability (They do it to Martlet too).
Removed Shapeshiting and Stat amp with Transformation.
Added linked text showing video proof of most abilities.

Wait a second Cerobas fire lanterns and masks shouldn't be summoning, they are most likely created like any other attack.

Would love to keep working on Starlos profile but TS!UNDERSWAP is gonna come out tomorrow and we'll all be playing that probably.

I personally played all three routes. It's a 7-8/10 game for me imo.

The Pacifist Route was personally hard af which made me questioned if they expect casual players to be good as them or player testers or that I have a skill issue (most likely lol. The Mexican Wrestler Monster was hell). But I did enjoy the characters and story altough I wish it was a little more expanded upon but I think the devs did well to put it all together and making it close to Undertale's vision. Starlo is my favorite out of all of them and Marlet is a close second. Ceroba and Axis are okay. Dalv is meh. I sorta wish Chunjin was an active and alive character so I can care more about him but that's it.

I actually had fun with the Genocide Route despite being more harder. I think it was really interesting you get to defy Clover's fate at the end and have him leave with the souls. That would make for an interesting what-if AU for the original Undertale.

Natural Route was also fun. Flowey was the best part of the route with how sassy and in-character he is. His boss battle is one of my favorites. Altough doing this route is sorta pointless in the end since it resets rather you like it or not till you chose either pacifist or genocide.

There were bits that were odd like the random flashbacks and the Ceroba's child subplot which never really went anywhere after the pacifist final boss battle. But overall, its def a good UT fangame in my view.

Do they have stated ages? I don't recall seeing them in the game.
Ages are never stated but we can make accurate guesses on their general age range.
Ceroba is clearly an adult and so is Starlo since they were childhood friends.
Martlet is less obvious but they are old enough to live in a house all by themselves and also take care of Clover. The UG Apartments shopkeep even assumes that Martlet is Clover's mother, so at least Young Adult.
Dalv is a lot trickier, he is clearly younger than Ceroba since he was around the same age as Kanako in the past. Seeing as he can live by himself and (assumedly) get a licence to perform on stage in the pacifist credits he is probably above 18 years old during the events of UTY, placing him in the young adult category.

Last edited:
Ok, I am trying to figure out the speed of Dalv's lightning and how Clover's soul scales to It by analysing this footage.

Dalv lightning bolt takes roughly 7 or 8 frames (in 30fps) to cross the height of the battle box. (Hard to tell because it's angled)
Clover's soul takes 25 frames to cross the same distance (Width of the box).
That makes Clover's soul more than 3 times slower than Dalv's lightning.

If we accept Dalv's lightning to be 556m/s, like what the undertale speed calc did, we would have Clover's soul moving at Subsonic or Subsonic+ speeds.

Clover's SOUL speed:
7 frame lightning calc (
25/7=3.57142857143) (556/3.57142857143=155.68m/s) Subsonic
7 and a half frame lightning calc (
25/7.5=3.33333333333) (566/3.33333333333=169.8m/s) Subsonic
8 frame lightning calc (
25/8=3.125) (556/3.125=177.92m/s) Subsonic+

Dalv's attack speed:
556m/s Supersonic (can be aim dodged by Subsonic or Subsonic+ characters)

I also tried calcing the distance moved directly using these images...

Soul movement: Frame 1=655px Frame 2=649px Difference=655-649=6px
Bolt movement Height: Frame 1=314px Frame 2=287px Difference=314-287=27px
Bolt movement Width: Frame 1=644px Frame 2=634 Difference=644-634=10px
Pythagorean Theorem: Square root of (27^2*10^2)≈28.79236

Clover's SOUL speed: (28.79236/6=4.79872666667) (556/4.79872666667=115.864069496m/s) Subsonic
...which ended up being slower.

By the way, does anyone have ideas for matchups for UT yellow characters

I want to do Ceroba vs Undyne the Undying
and Zenith Marlet vs Kris if the AP gap isn't too big or against some of the Inverted Fate characters

and Zenith Marlet vs Kris if the AP gap isn't too big
I have bad news.

oh.
We'd probably get some new feats in chapters 3-4 though
The secret boss might actually scale to 8-A, since seam said they would be the strongest darkner you've ever faced

Back