• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Soul Manip and Resist + Sans' Attacks Intangibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andytrenom said:
I am wondering something, how do regular monster's attacks hit the soul? Do they just tunnel through Frisk's body, phase into it or do the monsters pull the soul out from the body like how it is shown in some of the fan animations?
The latter, as shown by muffet.

pull the soul out from the body

Muffet had you physicall tied down and you couldn't move, but your soul still went all around

@Agnaa "Glyph Creation is what you would think of as Platform Creation."

Lol, where did I remotely said that I would think that? I literally just said the complete opposite.

Magi Hussie said:
@Agnaa "Glyph Creation is what you would think of as Platform Creation."

Lol, where did I remotely said that I would think that? I literally just said the complete opposite.
You said that they're the complete opposite. If you read the Glyph Creation page, you'd see that it's about creating platforms to stand on, and can also be called Platform Creation.

Unless you thought that "Platform Creation" meant writing glyphs that you can't use as platforms, Glyph Creation is what you'd think of as "Platform Creation".

@Agnaa "You said that they're the complete opposite."

Now you're taking my statement completely out of context. I said they are entirely different to each other, not opposites to each other. That's not too hard to understand really.

My bad, I misquoted you in the first sentence. The rest of my post still applies.

Main point for sansdes attack being intangible is that they couldn't reach the soul past the armor. Everything else I brought up was more of a support to that.

Is there any argument against that?

Just want to point out that even in Sans' fight there are points where you can physically stand on his bones

No..? I only remember platforms he created, not bones. And those aren't attacks plain. Every attack from him passes through you with ease.

Can somebody summarise what needs to be done here and why?

The strength of a monster's soul manip increases with their AP and so does their resistance. The resistance would also apply to Frisk. This also means that Sans' attack can ignore the "durability" of souls to an extent.

Sans' attacks are intangible and just deal constant damage to anything in them
(As the alternatve is his attacks litirally burrowing into flesh of a 7-C through armor, this seems the far better option)

It's probably best to just consider them intangible to some degree and be done with it. He canonically should not be anywhere near strong enough to brute-force through Frisk/Chara/you at that point, and his attacks dealing constant damage as they go through you/your SOUL would seem to support this more than some kind of burrowing.

I don't think it really changes much significant about many of his battles.

So, should I update the profile? Something like "Attacks have limited intangibility/are intagible" (limited because az said "to some degree") should do it, right?

Also, if I were to uptade the profile, should I also remove outdated fights (Like the broly one? It uses arguments like KARMA being poison, which was actually changed later.)

Okay. I will do so. Tell me here when you are done.

Because there were arguments that were outdated. You can remake it, and messege me on my wall, as I think the outcome wouldn't really change, but it would still be better to re-do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back