• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am entirely not sure that game mechanics are classified as laws of verse. Is there any evidence for this claim?
Given how metafictional Undertale is, and the inability to attack because of the lack of using a FIGHT button being already showcased with Gerson not being able to be attacked in his shop because of the player not fighting there, this can be taken as an actual hax, and Law Manipulation fits this, as Sans is using a rule of RPG games in his advantage.

Are you really gonna mention Sans manipulating his turn and Asgore breaking the Mercy/Spare/Whatever button and equate it to the SAVE/LOAD mechanics?

Gotta provide proof that their SOUL and body are getting completely destroyed, bud.
Mind as well, if the mind still exists, it is Low Godly!

Gotta say, from my perspective, this just seems like every Monster in Undertale has Law hax, but Sans can utilize it better than most

Gotta provide proof that their SOUL and body are getting completely destroyed, bud.
Flowey recovering from body destruction while having his SOUL erased is proof that LOAD can recover from Mid-Godly levels of damage for one.

Second, Frisk was not able to LOAD in the fight against Asriel, and they regen instead. Meaning that Regen is a replacement of LOAD.

Easy as that.

Not sure on this one chief. If both body and soul are gone the mind wouldnt be able to work since it has nothing to work with
The consciousness of Frisk still exists after body and soul are destroyed, it's how they load. The OP even proves so by stating Flowey does it as well.

I said in case their SOUL gets completely destroyed, not that it was in the fight.
And when does that ever happen? Their soul is shattered to pieces, not erased.

As for Flowey, even without a soul they still have consciousness, that's how they can come back.
Gameplay Mechanics are canon to the lorw.

That doesnt mean shit 😭
It's shit bro, it can't do shit to help Sans at all.

Wouldn't Asgore breaking the Spare option be Law Manipulation as well? There's certainly a lack of a proper ability for this power, so I can understand where's the Law Manipulation coming from.

Game mechanics is an iffy argument, yeah, given that Undertale is very much metafiction. Regardless, Mid-Godly is not properly substantiated. I can take a more in-depth look at other things later, provided this thread doesn't catch fire in the meantime.

And when does that ever happen? Their soul is shattered to pieces, not erased.
Flowey recovering from body destruction while having his SOUL erased is proof that LOAD can recover from Mid-Godly levels of damage for one.

Second, Frisk was not able to LOAD in the fight against Asriel, and they regen instead. Meaning that Regen is a replacement of LOAD.

Easy as that.
Dude, you're making me repeat myself. Don't do that.

It's shit bro, it can't do shit to help Sans at all.
Incon card so he becomes the next incon king
Wouldn't Asgore breaking the Spare option be Law Manipulation as well? There's certainly a lack of a proper ability for this power, so I can understand where's the Law Manipulation coming from.
yes but it would be so minor to the point it wont be used in combat. sans actually uses it and controls it somehow.
The FIGHT system, it's acknowledged multiple times in the game, especially in the Sans fight
Acknowledging is not the same as defying it entirely
Game mechanics is an iffy argument, yeah, given that Undertale is very much metafiction.
The dodging,The text,The bones in the menu twice, The final attack, The final move all are law breaks in sans fight

Therefore its fine to add

You are not refuting anything, since your claim is it got destroyed while the video shows shattering.
I AM NOT CLAIMING IT WAS DESTROYED!

I AM TALKING ABOUT FLOWEY HERE, WHO IS EXPLICITLY SOULLESS AND CAN STILL LOAD AFTER HAVING HIS BODY DESTROYED TOO.

Dude, you're making me repeat myself. Don't do that.
Ultra, where the visual evidence that Flowey's body was ever destroyed to complete erasure?

Ultra, what about the consciousness? They can't have that if they're Mid Godly regeneration! Why do you never address the consciousness?

I AM NOT CLAIMING IT WAS DESTROYED!

I AM TALKING ABOUT FLOWEY HERE, WHO IS EXPLICITLY SOULLESS AND CAN STILL LOAD AFTER HAVING HIS BODY DESTROYED TOO.
Mid-Godly demands Mind, Body, and Soul being fully erased. Do calm down a bit.

Ultra, where the visual evidence that Flowey's body was ever destroyed to complete erasure?

Ultra, what about the consciousness? They can't have that if they're Mid Godly regeneration! Why do you never address the consciousness?
They keep to say that the reason is about Frisk's visual thing, when it's about converting Flowey's LOAD in regen lmao.
Mid-Godly demands Mind, Body, and Soul being fully erased. Do calm down a bit.
My guy, they literally keep arguing against a point I am not using.

We know Flowey lacks a soul, but what do people think happens to his body and consciousness when he is defeated in combat? I thought monsters turned to dust when they were killed, not that they were erased from existence.

And in Frisk's case, as far as we know his body continues to exist in some way even after death, even if he was somehow vaporized, and his consciousness remains as well.

Theres no statement. He breaks the rules of the game which have been shown to to be canon to the universe the fight system and all that shit
But this is your interpretation, you did not even clarify why game mechanics are necessarily being labeled as laws of the universe, providing no evidences.

The end of his fight is him being too tired to really fight, so he just takes note of the fact that it's a RPG and stalls Frisk by slowly throwing them around until he falls asleep.
Also the text while fighting, the bones in the menu twice, the box being turned into a long one, attacking first etc.

They keep to say that the reason is about Frisk's visual thing, when it's about converting Flowey's LOAD in regen lmao.

But you need to prove LOAD is Mid-Godly as well, otherwise the conversion is only Low Godly. It's impossible, LOAD depends on the consciousness, it can never be Mid Godly.

We know Flowey lacks a soul, but what do people think happens to his body and consciousness when he is defeated in combat? I thought monsters turned to dust when they were killed, not that they were erased from existence.
flowey is not a monster tho

Flowey's body was never completely erased in the game, by the way.
He does not need to be erased, as long as he wills to not die. He only needs his will power, not a piece of his body.
But you need to prove LOAD is Mid-Godly as well, otherwise the conversion is only Low Godly. It's impossible, LOAD depends on the consciousness, it can never be Mid Godly.
You know what, let's just wait more Staff to see their take on this.

Let's focus on Law Hax now, given is the thing that is argued the most rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back