• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

Could just be Toby reusing assets.
Nah. Toby rarely reuses assets in general and especially not for character designs. The rest of the UT cast even have new designs in Deltarune with exception to Sans, including minor random characters. And he would never reuse an entire character model as a different character.

To give those guys the exact same design with a change to their color is very much intentional.

i was watching another Deltarune theory, & noticed something while reading Youtube comments:

I'm lazy, so I'll just copy paste the YT comment, verbose as it may be.

There is one aspect of Ralsei that I still don't know what to make of, and that's his... lack of investment, for lack of a better term, in Lightners outside of Kris and Susie, and his uncanny knack for keeping off of their radar. In all of Chapter 2, Ralsei directly addresses Berdly only twice, and Noelle zero times, despite sharing a not insignificant amount of screen time with Noelle in particular.Compare how Ralsei treats Susie bonding with Lancer to Susie wanting to help Noelle. Ralsei very quickly starts encouraging Susie and Lancer "for friendship", but when Susie brings up saving Noelle, Ralsei deflects to "all we have to do is seal the fountain" at the start, and then ceases to comment on her presence at all afterwards. This second part isn't so much active characterization of Ralsei, but it is the reason that the story can get away with him not acknowledging Noelle at all, so it's relevant to bring up here. In Chapter 2, Ralsei has a tendency to... fade into the background whenever Noelle is present. To the point that it almost feels like most characters forget he is there. The only time Noelle ever comments on his presence is when she and Kris are spying on him and Susie from afar, when he doesn't know they're there. She wonders who he is, and says he looks kinda like... someone (presumably Asriel). However, this question seems to vanish from her mind the moment she begins tagging along with the full group. The closest she comes to acknowledging his presence is asking to stand behind Susie in line, because otherwise she'd be behind Ralsei. Most pointedly, when Noelle devises a plan to expedite the mouse-balloon puzzle, she only assigns roles to Kris and Susie, as if Ralsei wasn't even there. He just doubles up on Susie's role to participate, and nobody comments on any part of this. Berdly is weird in this equation because Ralsei does speak to Berdly a couple of times, and Berdly in return acknowledges his presence as part of Kris's "C+ Squad" and as Kris's "lackey." But he likewise doesn't question his presence or appearance.In the end I have no idea what to make of this, other than the fact that Ralsei seems mostly uninterested in Lightners outside those outlined in The Legend, which ties back to his utilitarian view of himself and his role in this story. Kris and Susie's relationships with characters from outside the Dark Worlds are irrelevant. To use the Game Within A Game metaphor, it would be like if party member in an RPG concerned themselves with who was on your Steam friend list. It'd break immersion, and immersion is part of why Ralsei is here, it seems.

TL;DR - Ralsei has almost no interactions with Lightners who aren't Kris or Susie... So just Noelle & Berdly so far. Like he avoids them. What's more, in chapter 1, Ralsie actively promotes Susie interacting with Lancer. Friendship bias? Lancer bias? Darkner bias? Prophecy hero bias? & likewise, they hardly even acknowledge him.

Even Noelle saying "Who's that person she is with anyways? It kinda looks like..." is questionable as an acknowledgement because of the use of "It"; 1 comment I read posited that it could just be her about to say "It kinda looks like they're on a date." or something, as Noelle calling a person "It" would be a strange choice of words, unless the intent of the phrasing is to portray it as semi-objectifying the character they hardly acknowledge all chapter.

You know, I've never considered that. They are a canon entity controlling them, after all, so I guess this is fine?
Does Type 8 Immortality addition warrant a CRT? Some may consider it a significant ability, especially since it can often involve higher reality beings or stuff like that, no?

image.png

I don't recall this.
Took a bit of Googling, but I found it:

GAME RELEASE STRATEGY
The cast of DELTARUNE wearing mismatched costumes
So, now that Chapter 3 is nearing completion... I think it's a good time to re-discuss how we will release DELTARUNE for purchase.
My original plan was to release Chapter 3, 4, and 5 together. However, the finish line of Chapter 5 is still pretty far off... and I don't think anybody really wants to wait that long to release anything. Especially me.
So, new strategy: No more waiting for Chapter 5. Instead, we are going to focus on putting DELTARUNE out for purchase once we finish Chapter 4. That should make everything a bit more reasonable!
Chapter 4 already has a very substantial amount of cutscenes and enemy work done. Also, I've hired a new producer whose entire job it will be to speed up the overall game development for future chapters. So, I feel very optimistic about the next steps of this project.
That being said though, I think I'm going to pause on more detailed development updates for now. Instead, I'll just let you guys know if the development is getting close to completion, or if something funny happens.

Took a bit of Googling, but I found it:

GAME RELEASE STRATEGY
The cast of DELTARUNE wearing mismatched costumes
So, now that Chapter 3 is nearing completion... I think it's a good time to re-discuss how we will release DELTARUNE for purchase.
My original plan was to release Chapter 3, 4, and 5 together. However, the finish line of Chapter 5 is still pretty far off... and I don't think anybody really wants to wait that long to release anything. Especially me.
So, new strategy: No more waiting for Chapter 5. Instead, we are going to focus on putting DELTARUNE out for purchase once we finish Chapter 4. That should make everything a bit more reasonable!
Chapter 4 already has a very substantial amount of cutscenes and enemy work done. Also, I've hired a new producer whose entire job it will be to speed up the overall game development for future chapters. So, I feel very optimistic about the next steps of this project.
That being said though, I think I'm going to pause on more detailed development updates for now. Instead, I'll just let you guys know if the development is getting close to completion, or if something funny happens.
I see. Makes sense.

I can't believe deltarune is likely going to finish around like 2028 at best, or 2031 at worse.
I think we keep underestimating how fast production is speeding up. The longer Toby works on Deltarune, the faster chapters will get made. It's not all technical programming an whatnot, a huge chunk of it is story, dialogue, setting, music, etc., and he's working on that for future chapters as he goes on, among other things. Not to mention he continues to hire people. I think we'll see the progress speed up a lot. 3 is already pretty much done and 4 is steadily coming along. After that we'll only need 3 more and we're done. I could expect it in 2026 or 2027 tbh.

I think we keep underestimating how fast production is speeding up. The longer Toby works on Deltarune, the faster chapters will get made. It's not all technical programming an whatnot, a huge chunk of it is story, dialogue, setting, music, etc., and he's working on that for future chapters as he goes on, among other things. Not to mention he continues to hire people. I think we'll see the progress speed up a lot. 3 is already pretty much done and 4 is steadily coming along. After that we'll only need 3 more and we're done. I could expect it in 2026 or 2027 tbh.
IIRC, there's been some fan analysis that Toby's passion could be causing delays. Steamrolling quality assurance & all that.
Hence why he "hired a new producer whose entire job it will be to speed up the overall game development for future chapters.".

Not sure it's guaranteed to be fast. But IIRC, recent Newsletters have hinted Ch3 &/or 4 are nearly done, IIRC.

Last edited:
Back