• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Esp?

Also The Demon King in character does not sneak around. He's a very prideful character it would literally go against his character if he's sneaking around.

This is a stomp match, the only thing going for the Demon King is his speed and he's really not that much faster than madara

The Ruler doesn't reverse physical damage from what I've seen, only the Supreme deity's reverses physical damage, so what stomps a Limbo from one tapping him without even realizing?
The Ruler reverse all attacks as stated in the panels I’ve sent

The Immortality is quite useless from what I'm seeing.

It's not like he's reviving or reforming his body from it, the scan even says it'll take time to regain his strength. If he's gone for a week the match goes to Madara
He can even possess countries

Esp?

Also The Demon King in character does not sneak around. He's a very prideful character it would literally go against his character if he's sneaking around.

This is a stomp match, the only thing going for the Demon King is his speed and he's really not that much faster than madara
y’all are nerfing the ruler tho

Esp?

Didn't he sneak toward the sins in Meliodas's body?

y’all are nerfing the ruler tho
I mean, it has only been shown to work on magic, Elizabeth even emphasizes that only Meliodas' magic attack slash was affected.
0320-011.png

It's literally in the ability description that it's only for magical attacks.

Nice a bigger target, Madara chucks a black ball at him and gg. The Ruler doesn't work when he's possessing Britannia, since he died to Full Counter from what I remember
It did work Gowther turn off his power. DESTROYING THE DK AVATARS won't kill him h will just revert to the commandments and possess Madara.

It's literally in the ability description that it's only for magical attacks.
It’s described in the manga as an inversion of all attacks
Nice a bigger target, Madara chucks a black ball at him and gg. The Ruler doesn't work when he's possessing Britannia, since he died to Full Counter from what I remember
It didn’t work cause Gowther nullified the ruler

Meliodas erased them and that's because he had layered NPI Madara doesn't have that here. Can Madara survive miasma?
I don't see why Existence Erasure wouldn't work. He still takes on the attack, but he absorbs the energy from the attack. The scan even shows him getting hit by it.
As soon as he gets it by TSO he's erased, he can't absorb the energy if it's already taken affect.

I really don't agree with the whole "any attacks" inversion angle.

We see time and time again that physical attacks deal damage to him and he doesn't get stronger every punch. The only time he gets stronger was when he was powered by the lake. Hell he goes blow for blow against Escanor, took barrages and shows no signs of healing or strengthening.

So Meliodas statement in that context refers to magical attacks because before Meliodas deducing The Ruler, all the attacks he inverted were magic attacks. Even steelmaning my point that shit still gets retconned by the entirety of DK vs Sins on both occasions.

I really don't agree with the whole "any attacks" inversion angle.

We see time and time again that physical attacks deal damage to him and he doesn't get stronger every punch. The only time he gets stronger was when he was powered by the lake. Hell he goes blow for blow against Escanor, took barrages and shows no signs of healing or strengthening.

So Meliodas statement in that context refers to magical attacks because before Meliodas deducing The Ruler, all the attacks he inverted were magic attacks. Even steelmaning my point that shit still gets retconned by the entirety of DK vs Sins on both occasions.
Who do you vote for?

@Mamaroza you dont have to ask people who they vote for too quickly. Ussally people like to see both sides arguments for a while and decide once they made up their mind. Just thought id let you know since your very new;)

This is still an AP stomp.

It is an outrageous NLF to assume that The Ruler can close such an enormous AP gap--and even putting that aside for the sake of arguement, everything in the manga and third-party materials emphasizes that The Ruler only inverts magic. Hell, the point is even made in the series that the Supreme Deity, the Demon King's rival and opposite, has an ability that makes her immune to physical attacks, one that is pointed out to be the opposite of The Ruler; this is a thematic duality meant to emphasize that they are perfect foils to one another--the Demon King is a very physical fighter and doesn't have good magic, while the Supreme Deity is a highly magical fighter and isn't that great a physical fighter. I think it's a poor translation that Makai is using to justify his arguements--it is explained THOROUGHLY that rather than "reflection of magic", The Ruler works on "the inversion of magic", and that all MAGIC directed at him is inverted in intent. With this in mind, the arguement that the Demon King could just invert a Madara clone kicking him in the side of the head with planet-busting AP is preposterous.

Not to mention that nothing that DK Melodias can do besides purely physical attacks have a chance of hurting or affecting Madara, because he's the Ten-Tails Jinchuuriki--and in a battle of physical v. physical, where Madara has an outrageous AP/Dura advantage and invisible, intangible Limbo clones that DK Melodias will not be able to react properly to (just because some form of Melodias sensed something in another dimension in his own verse doesn't equalize to Melodias being able to sense something in a dimension he's completely unfamiliar with, that literally requires Six Path Sage energy/a Rinnegan to perceive--that's, again, an NLF), Madara wins 10/10 times, with hilariously easy diff.

Going to request this thread be closed as a stomp.

Last edited:
This is still an AP stomp.

It is an outrageous NLF to assume that The Ruler can close such an enormous AP gap--and even putting that aside for the sake of arguement, everything in the manga and third-party materials emphasizes that The Ruler only inverts magic. Hell, the point is even made in the series that the Supreme Deity, the Demon King's rival and opposite, has an ability that makes her immune to physical attacks, one that is pointed out to be the opposite of The Ruler; this is a thematic duality meant to emphasize that they are perfect foils to one another--the Demon King is a very physical fighter and doesn't have good magic, while the Supreme Deity is a highly magical fighter and isn't that great a physical fighter. I think it's a poor translation that Makai is using to justify his arguements--it is explained THOROUGHLY that rather than "reflection of magic", The Ruler works on "the inversion of magic", and that all MAGIC directed at him is inverted in intent. With this in mind, the arguement that the Demon King could just invert a Madara clone kicking him in the side of the head with planet-busting AP is preposterous.

Not to mention that nothing that DK Melodias can do besides purely physical attacks have a chance of hurting or affecting Madara, because he's the Ten-Tails Jinchuuriki--and in a battle of physical v. physical, where Madara has an outrageous AP/Dura advantage and invisible, intangible Limbo clones that DK Melodias will not be able to react properly to (just because some form of Melodias sensed something in another dimension in his own verse doesn't equalize to Melodias being able to sense something in a dimension he's completely unfamiliar with, that literally requires Six Path Sage energy/a Rinnegan to perceive--that's, again, an NLF), Madara wins 10/10 times, with hilariously easy diff.

Going to request this thread be closed as a stomp.
The reason he couldn't use The Ruler there was because Gowther stopped his magic, and I agree with what you're saying, but The Ruler reflects everything within natural things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back