• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other HST is corny, One Piece has 1 accepted multiplier.
Poor OP, my prayers to the LS thread.

Because it stacks, badly.
Ichigo's hollow mask with bankai currently is a 25x from base. A 7.5x multiplier would get it from 25x base to the range of 37.5 to 56.25x from base. You can see how wild it is now.

For example, if Ichigo is 2x FTL, the old multiplier would put him in the middle of FTL+, while the newer ones would put him in MFTL instantly.
It would take 4x FTL in base for the old multiplier to reach borderline MFTL, while you can barely be FTL and get to MFTL right off the bat.
The multiplier could throw somebody 2 tiers up with the right usage, which would inflate 90% of the current bleach profiles.
56.25x is considered small here. Having done the sandboxes with just the multiplier it moved a couple of people from MHS to MHS+, what is primarily upgrading them in my OP rn is the Toshiro calc.

Regarding the whole "X multiplier is considered small here" point, Im not quite understanding it.

Just because something on paper looks like a small jump, doesnt mean the results of it are small. Nor does it invalidate the point that stats can still be inflated, no matter how "small" or big a multiplier looks.

The size matters because?
If the math works out you can’t just say no because you don’t like big jumps.

Regarding the whole "X multiplier is considered small here" point, Im not quite understanding it.

Just because something on paper looks like a small jump, doesnt mean the results of it are small. Nor does it invalidate the point that stats can still be inflated, no matter how "small" or big a multiplier looks.
"For lower multipliers, like things much less than times 100, evidence can take the form of a clear increase in combat strength against priorly equal or superior opponents." ~VSBW Multipliers page

This is what I refer to by small multipliers, and how the wiki says a clear increase in strength is all that's needed to justify their use.

The size matters because?
If the math works out you can’t just say no because you don’t like big jumps.
Its not as much a matter of math issues, but how the multipliers themselves are applied. As King said above with the use of multiplier stacking.

This is also my response to Arc's recent reply.

So are you saying 56.25x is a big problem?

If so I'd like to remind you that, Ichigo going Bankai + Hollow Mask only applies for Grimmjow fight period of time, because after that we don't even have a key for Pseudo Shikai Ichigo. So, yes Ichigo for a short period of time can jump a bit high from his "base" at the time to his strongest form, it's split of two entire transformations. Also, by the time Ichigo fights Grimmjow for the final time is when him being in his Pseudo Bankai state becomes his "base" considering how after Dordonni he doesn't fight anyone with his Pseudo Shikai form because it's too weak. The only real fight where Ichigo takes full advantage of jumping 56.25x in speed is against Dordonni. My point being even if you're iffy on 56.25x it's not something prevalent throughout a vast majority of the story, the other 99.9% of the time we are only seeing a jump of 7.5x in a fight.

There would be 3 fights in total where a character has their power multiplied by above 7.5x in a single fight: Ichigo vs Dordonni (56.25x), Kenpachi vs Gerard (52.5x), and Hikone vs Kenpachi (37.5x). Most of the other times it's anywhere from stuff like 2x (Byakuya hands), to 5x (Gentei Kaijo) to occasionally 7.5x (Bankai related transformations). Personally, I wouldn't see the issue if a 56.25x multiplier was used through every fight, but I recognize the concern of having a verse built off multipliers and being a bit wary do to a lack of feats. However, keep in mind that A) we have a lot of "incalculable" feats in Bleach because they don't fit criteria for this site (i.e. the numerous light related feats that we can't accept due to a strict policy on what we consider light speed) and B) that the author's introduce multipliers because it's a lot easier to convey an increase with a numerical jumps as opposed to drawing what they think is a more impressive feat every time (especially considering how Kubo just draws what he thinks are cool, like guns are all over the TYBW but characters are much faster than a gun could realistically be).

If I misinterpreted your message then ignore this lol.

To be fair, ignoring multipliers just because we don't like them and don't like that characters get higher feats without them is not valid reasoning to discredit using them, however I do admit that to be safe, we should use the 5x to be safe

To be fair, ignoring multipliers just because we don't like them and don't like that characters get higher feats without them is not valid reasoning to discredit using them, however I do admit that to be safe, we should use the 5x to be safe
That's one of the justifications of using multipliers though. You need to have evidence of tier jumps. Also another issue I found is that we use 5x for Ichigos hollow for speed, but not for AP.

That's one of the justifications of using multipliers though. You need to have evidence of tier jumps. Also another issue I found is that we use 5x for Ichigos hollow for speed, but not for AP.
I mean there are many characters on this site that have characters take huge jumps from low tiers to higher tiers and have the difference between a characters forms be 100000x in AP, but we take issue with a 50x increase because it comes from multipliers?

I mean it's a bit silly we're ok with the former, but not with the latter, not to mention that there are higher feats than what the multipliers place the characters at

"The use of multipliers to gain new statistics is usually a controversially debated topic. The reason for that is that it allows characters to be evaluated as significantly more powerful, without ever demonstrating that degree of power in a confirmable way."
That’s not an argument. That’s literally an explanation for the use of multipliers.
Read further and you’ll see the actual relevant information which are the list of regulations.

I mean there are many characters on this site that have characters take huge jumps from low tiers to higher tiers and have the difference between a characters forms be 100000x in AP, but we take issue with a 50x increase because it comes from multipliers?

I mean it's a bit silly we're ok with the former, but not with the latter, not to mention that there are higher feats than what the multipliers place the characters at
That’s not an argument. That’s literally an explanation for the use of multipliers.
Read further and you’ll see the actual relevant information which are the list of regulations.
No, it says that characters that significantly bump in tiers without actual feats on that level shows inconsistency with the use of said multipliers.

The characters do show jumps in speed. And no character has significantly jumped tiers with the upgrade from 5x to 7.5x. A couple go from MHS to MHS+, as I said earlier the Toshiro feat is what is upgrading the characters. The multiplier doesn't even affect dura and AP ratings. I made the sandboxes I should know lol.

Except there isn’t a significant bump...? If you have an issue with how people use multipliers take it elsewhere and make a thread on multipliers in general.
There is a significant bump, we see characters go from baseline FTL all the way to 100 to 300x FTL which is a huge jump and no other feats close to that level. Why would I make a separate thread when I can discuss it here?

We also see characters go from baseline High 6-B all the way to High 6-A through multipliers.

There is a significant bump, we see characters go from baseline FTL all the way to 100 to 300x FTL which is a huge jump and no other feats close to that level. Why would I make a separate thread when I can discuss it here?
That's solely related to the God Tiers, so this is not the thread for that, as God Tier scaling is its own planned separate thread. I include the God Tiers in the sandbox and scale them as we currently accept it here, but even the God Tiers don't jump 100 times from where they scale from.

Going from baseline FTL all the wat to 100 to 300x with no other feats on that level is an inconsistency with what is shown on the verse.
Prove it inconsistent, jumping from x to y regardless of how large the jump is not inherently inconsistent.

Edit: The only serious feats the God Tiers have is fighting themselves. So "what is shown on the verse" is that the God Tiers are consistently above everyone else in the verse and are the only people capable of competing with themselves.

They shouldn't be scaling 100 to 300x above what they scale to without the feats to back up said scaling.
Why?

They show clear massive leaps in speed, upon going Bankai, Yhwach deems it necessary to use an instant speed attack to hax break Ichigo's Bankai. They are shown that the multipliers amplify their stats, you just can't calc it.

They have statements too to back up them being way above the rest of the verse. CFYOW has someone postulate that after seeing Hikone's Res only the likes of True Shikai Ichigo, Aizen, and Kenpachi could EASILY handle the kid.

We have some verses with accepted 250000x multipliers.

Why?

They show clear massive leaps in speed, upon going Bankai, Yhwach deems it necessary to use an instant speed attack to hax break Ichigo's Bankai. They are shown that the multipliers amplify their stats, you just can't calc it.

They have statements too to back up them being way above the rest of the verse. CFYOW has someone postulate that after seeing Hikone's Res only the likes of True Shikai Ichigo, Aizen, and Kenpachi could EASILY handle the kid.

We have some verses with accepted 250000x multipliers.
We have "At Least" and "Likely Higher" or "Far Higher" for a reason.

Character A is FTL at 20% power. Character A removes seal on his power is now 100% Base power which brings him to FTL+. Character A adds another multiplier of 5 thus bringing him to MFTL.

Character A has multiple statements how his speed is beyond everyone else and they can’t see him moving. Spectators are FTL...

Character B scaled to Character A via keeping up with him effortlessly throughout all his amps.

Character B is the strongest outside of god tier.

Character C scales to Character B/A based on statements of him being capable of defeating Character A.

Character C who is a god tier eclipses Character B/A.

There are talks about the FTL feat being an outlier, just saying.

There are talks about the FTL feat being an outlier, just saying.
The issue WoI is having isn't necessarily what they're tiered at but how they got tiered there.

Talks about it being outlier or you guys just think it's too high, there's a difference. Being above the rest of the verse at that point in time =/= outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back