• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4-A will be none existence. 5-B is going down x2. Not up. Add this to my clairvoyant premonition list. I’ll remind you in a few months. I was given a short period of time and now my souls bleeds.
I say my prediction is they will reach at max relativistic and go down to tier 6

I have the third volume translated from the raws and have a crt ready I’m waiting for this speed stuff to wrap up.

At best we can scale Toshiro to be comparable to Gin's Shikai, but it is strange to try and propose that he (and other Captains who don't have any speed connection to Toshiro) are at least 15 times faster than Gin's Shikai in terms of combat speed.
USklav already explained why his calc works. And AGAIN you finding it “strange” is head canon and a sorry excuse for an argument. I don’t scale the captains to Toshiro for no reason, I scale them to 20% Toshiro because Shunsui said Toshiro still has a century to go before he’s on par with veteran Captains, so it’s more than fair to say veteran captains scale to at least 20% Toshiro.

I’m kind of concerned that damage can say stuff like “it’s strange that Toshiro is faster than Gin’s Shikai” and everyone’s like ah yes arguments from personal feelings are totally valid.

I’m kind of concerned that damage can say stuff like “it’s strange that Toshiro is faster than Gin’s Shikai” and everyone’s like ah yes arguments from personal feelings are totally valid.
Bruh, to be fair, all power scaling is based on personal opinions

Toshiro shouldn’t be this fast because it is strange.

The feeling: Toshiro shouldn’t be this fast

The evidence: it’s strange

Until damage elaborates on this point it’s quite literally unbacked by any evidence.

Don't try and use a Strawman's Fallacy.
It’s one of your main talking points.

That, the calc is wrong, Gin shouldn’t have a multiplier.

Im also singling it out because you use the “I feel like this is crazy” argument a lot, you used it way back when you tried to downgrade Ichigo from 5-A, and it’s your most recent argument so try not to read to into things.

Last edited:
Just a question, but why are the Bankai multipliers applied to the speed of all the captains when it's specifically stated to be Ichigo's ability. Now I'm not saying that the captains don't get faster, but Ichigo has a proper number while the other captains get unquantifiably faster. And I feel only those who scale to Ichigo get the speed. Like if 'A' matched Bankai Ichigo in his Shikai, he would have the same speed as Bankai Ichigo. But if A was to go Bankai, he shouldn't be 5-10x faster, he'd be unquantifiably faster.

@RanaProGamer; not every Bankai increases the physical stats of the user.

Unless I'm mistaken in what you're asking? Are you asking why don't we apply the multipliers to all Captains, or why do we apply the multipliers to some Captains currently?

Like Bankai Multipliers are stated to be 5-10x. From Yoruichi's and Urahara's statement, it makes them 'stronger', since Ichigo's Bankai is his speed, we know that the multipliers can be applied to him. But why are the multipliers applied to the other captains' speed? They do get faster, but its unquantifiable.

Well, that is a fair point. Ichigo's primary Bankai ability, as Byakuya described, is to allow Ichigo to fight with maximum force at super-high speed by concentrating all of his Bankai's power into his sword.

So far as I'm aware the only other Captains we currently apply a speed multiplier for is Kenpachi. (I'm not 100% sure why, is it just because he has a higher combat speed in his Bankai state than his Shikai state?)

And what is being proposed here is that Gin Ichimaru should also be affected by the multiplier for his Zanpakuto's speed.

Byakuya's Bankai also increases in speed (Shikai Ichigo could easily keep up and counter the Shikai but got overwhelmed by the Bankai), tho it also has that 2x speed multiplier when Byakuya uses his hands.

Well, that is a fair point. Ichigo's primary Bankai ability, as Byakuya described, is to allow Ichigo to fight with maximum force at super-high speed by concentrating all of his Bankai's power into his sword.

So far as I'm aware the only other Captains we currently apply a speed multiplier for is Kenpachi. (I'm not 100% sure why, is it just because he has a higher combat speed in his Bankai state than his Shikai state?)

And what is being proposed here is that Gin Ichimaru should also be affected by the multiplier for his Zanpakuto's speed.
Kenpachi and Hikone actually.

5-10 is the given range, obviously not every character is given a multiplier to every stat. So what you said was already taken into consideration when we applied multipliers to whoever.

Oh right, my bad. However, while I do agree with Gentei Kaijo being 5x multiplier on speed, why is it the same for her Resureccion?
Right now Hikone only has a "possibly" multiplier for their Resureccion. This is because they only demonstrated an increase in speed after releasing both Gentai Kaijo + activating their Resureccion at the time. So it's not really possible to prove 100% that both of them amplified their speed equally.

I'm checking with other calc experts about my thoughts regarding USklaverei's updated calc to get some other opinions. I'll post here when I'm done with that.

Meanwhile, regarding about whether to upgrade the 5x multiplier to a 7.5x multiplier (and by extension the 25x multiplier to a 56.25x multiplier), I believe this is something that requires a lot more staff input. It is actually a fairly big change for the verse, and would be setting a new precedent (as far as I'm aware) for the wiki.

I’ve no opinion on this multiplier upgrade, but I don’t see how it’s a big change for the verse or how it somehow effects the wiki as a whole?

It doesn’t even count as a big multiplier according to the multiplier page. This entire thing is matter of opinion as to what to use since it’s a range of 5-10.

@Sigurd; what I mean is that as far as I know we don't have a precedent of just using an average value if given a possible range that a multiplier can be.

It is a bit subjective what the "best solution" is here since there isn't an objective standard. I think that a lowballed approach is better, especially since with the stacked multiplier the values become much larger.

That's why we should get the views of more staff members involved.

Meanwhile, regarding about whether to upgrade the 5x multiplier to a 7.5x multiplier (and by extension the 25x multiplier to a 56.25x multiplier), I believe this is something that requires a lot more staff input. It is actually a fairly big change for the verse, and would be setting a new precedent (as far as I'm aware) for the wiki.
Having been the person making the sanboxes with the 7.5x multiplier it’s not a big change. Also there is no 25x multiplier? Gentei Kaijo + Res would be a 37.5x multiplier but that’s two multipliers being stacked (5x then a 7.5x).

Also I’ve already went thru but it doesn’t change the AP or dura of characters at all, only minor speed changes.

Regardless I propose either going “at least 5x, possibly 10x” for Bankai related multipliers since saying just 5x ignores the other half of Yoruichi’s statement and would be more incorrect, or for the sake of being easier use 7.5x.

Also regarding “stacked multipliers” being “much bigger” don’t we treat multipliers under 50x as small multipliers? So even Hikone’s Gentei Kaijo + Res (which is two multiplied states that have been established in the series) is still a good deal less than the SSJ1 multiplier. Not to mention it’s the only scenario of multiplier stacking happening in the whole series, so it’s clearly not a rampant issue of the values growing much larger 25x to 37.5x is not much of a jump.

Last edited:
@RanaProGamer as of now how we treat the multipliers is as follows: if there’s a noticeable statistic increase in something it is likely from the Bankai multiplier, and thus a 5-10x increase.

Examples: Ichigo has an all around stat increase -> it’s by 5-10x, Grimmjow matches that with Res -> it’s by 5-10x, Renji gets stronger with Bankai -> it’s by 5-10x, Ulquiorra gets stronger and faster with Res -> it’s by 5-10x.

@Arc7Kuroi; sorry, the 25x multiplier I was talking about was Ichigo's Bankai + Hollowfication.

Unless the Hollowfication isn't affected by this?

@Arc7Kuroi; sorry, the 25x multiplier I was talking about was Ichigo's Bankai + Hollowfication.

Unless the Hollowfication isn't affected by this?
My b, thought you meant Hikone. And yes as all multiplier forms in Bleach are comparably shown to Bankai it would.

In the case of Ichigo, Bankai becomes more or less his base form (I think in one of his keys we don’t even have a Shikai section in it). So it’s still more or less just 7.5x what his normal fighting strength is. And calling it a 56.25x multiplier really makes it out like it’s a much bigger increase than it is. Like it affects some speed ratings and none of the AP ratings.

Plus it’s only applicable to Ichigo for a portion of the Arrancar arc as he eventually never uses Shikai, until he gets his Fullbring Zanpakuto in which he doesn’t have a Hollow form, and not until the TYBW where his forms are so strong multipliers don’t affect ratings (will be clearer post dropping my CRT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back