• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like we have a consensus among the four staff members who have posted so far, and possibly a fifth too if I can assume DDM's liking of the most recent posts to be an agreement as well.

I mean I'm still fine with 7.5x, but if the majority agree with 5x, then I'll concede to that

Why not at least 5x possibly 7.5x?
Seems like a good compromise since neither side is really objectively better, and this is all up to personal preference.

Don't really see how that could be better. It could be possibly 6x. Or possibly 8x. Or even possibly 15x because Bankai's aren't solely restricted to the numbers Yoruichi gave.

The most I think would be useable would be "At least 5x, possibly higher" but given how much scaling and profiles are tied to this, this might just be complicating the profiles unnecessarily.

So I think it would be better to leave it as 5x.

I know why 7.5 is brought up, but if it is possible for a Bankai to be 7.5x it seems equally possible for it to be higher or lower than that. Given that we're ultimately dealing with unknowns here for specific cases, we should be doing as AKM said and go with the lowest & safest value.

We aren’t dealing with unknowns, we have a value (5-10 times.) so it is best to get an average, since it adressed both the high and low ball.
Lower isn’t safer since it could just as easily be higher, you are ignoring the “up to ten times.” part for the sake of lower numbers.

Yes. Because the lower end is safer when dealing with unknowns (unknown in the sense that we can't point at a specific Bankai and say exactly what the multiplier value for it is). I think I've said pretty much all I can on the subject, and we've had a decent number of staff members comment on it.

You keep saying that but for no reason, how is it safer?
It is just ignoring all the other options for the sake of low balling. An average would address both possibilities in a concise and reasonable manner. This is why we should compromise, I am fine with 5x likely 7.5x, I fail to see why you are so against it?

You keep saying that but for no reason, how is it safer?
It is just ignoring all the other options for the sake of low balling. An average would address both possibilities in a concise and reasonable manner. This is why we should compromise, I am fine with 5x likely 7.5x, I fail to see why you are so against it?
Cus it would put them higher and he does not want them to be faster/stronger

Damage in your own words, you say you are against 7.5x because due to the nature of the range we can’t pinpoint an exact value to it.

So then why are you against “5x, possibly 10x”?

This addresses the whole range and is thus much more accurate than saying “5x”. Obviously, and you agree, having one multiplier value instead of splitting it would be easier because of how many profiles are tied to this. However, it shouldn’t be what’s easier, it should be what’s most accurate. Hell I’ll do the labor for it anyhow.

My final opinion on the matter if 7.5x won’t be accepted as an average, then we should do “5x, possibly 10x” under the justification that Bankai is generally a 5-10x increase.

Ignoring the second half of the Bankai multiplier range for the sole sake of safe lowballing leads to inaccurate tiering.

Last edited:
still think x7.5 is the best option but arcs proposal isnt bad

also what happened with the toshiro calc and segunda etapa multiplier

also what happened with the toshiro calc
That requires more of @USklaverei and @Damage3245 to hash it out because from what I got from the current conversation is this: Damage believes the calc can't/didn't consider the fact that Toshiro is moving his body more like a pivot anchored at his feet as opposed to just moving his head, while USklav says he took that into consideration with the updated calc.

and segunda etapa multiplier
Never reached a conclusion, but I think that's because people want to finish up the multiplier discussion first.

I don't think at this stage I have anything new to post.

Four staff members have rejected upgrading the multiplier, with another one being neutral.

I have written out the issues for the Toshiro calc.

Damage in your own words, you say you are against 7.5x because due to the nature of the range we can’t pinpoint an exact value to it.

So then why are you against “5x, possibly 10x”?

This addresses the whole range and is thus much more accurate than saying “5x”. Obviously, and you agree, having one multiplier value instead of splitting it would be easier because of how many profiles are tied to this. However, it shouldn’t be what’s easier, it should be what’s most accurate. Hell I’ll do the labor for it anyhow.

My final opinion on the matter if 7.5x won’t be accepted as an average, then we should do “5x, possibly 10x” under the justification that Bankai is generally a 5-10x increase.

Ignoring the second half of the Bankai multiplier range for the sole sake of safe lowballing leads to inaccurate tiering.
@damage what is your opinion on this?

@damage what is your opinion on this?
I think that the better multiplier to stick with for the profiles, if we have to use them at all, is just the low end of the values we're given. If we were given a specific higher value for a specific Bankai, that'd be a different story but we only have a generic range of values. Given that a specific value is unknown for particular Bankai, sticking with the low end overall is what I think the best option is.

I don't expect everybody to share the same opinions here, but the staff members who have gotten involved on this thread have stated their positions.

Actually @Damage3245 the Toshiro calc discussion is probably better suited for a calc discussion thread as opposed to a CRT. So if the staff are set in their decision on the multiplier that wraps up this thread and you can close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back