• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two teenagers that get mad if people mess with their hairs fight

Chariot190 said:
Josuke in theory can just fuse Yang to the ground or something before Yang even gets drastically above him in strength. And it aint like Yang can break out given Yang isnt incased but she herself is literally the ground. Josuke doesnt even need to do that really, if he truly wanted he could just throw a rock at yang, and if she decides to break it, the debris can fuse to her arm handicapping it.
Wasnt it agreed that he wouldnt do that unless he were pissed off at her? And can he do that to her while her aura is up? Also Yang has fought while one arm and one leg was encased in and weighed down by ice so it wouldnt be the first time she's fought an opponent while weighed down

Chariot190 said:
Would he though? Until her semblance actually activates there isnt a visual tell that she's getting stronger or absorbing energy.

Okay, i agree with you on the point of him being able to sneak attack via CD being invisible, but is CD really that much larger? I thought it was as big as Josuke, thats only 3 inches taller than Yang. Also even if CD manages to hit Yang and prevent her from directly landing her punch in the scenario youre describing, thats not going to stop her gauntlet from shooting Josuke in the face, and from a few centimeters away thats going to hurt, very, very badly.

There's nothing for him to really observe though, its an invisible barrier, the only way he'd really be able to observe her aura and semblance is to get into cqc with her. And it works both ways in what they'd assume as well, as telekinesis is something that Yang is actually quite familiar with (One of her teachers at Beacon was a telekinesis user and one of her close friends was able to use magnetism manip in a function similar to telekinesis) so if she starts getting hit by something she cant see its likely she'd assume that josuke has some form of telekinesis. What would restoring one or two of her shots back at her tip him off about? It wouldnt show him her semblance, at best he'd just see that she's not injured by her own attacks and would likely just assume she has a body covering stand like you said before. But yes, its going to be a match between a weird af ability and an ability that can oneshot.

It's both, the fact he can deal with that is Might i ask for scans of him going on a full day with these injuries? I dont remember that.

Chariot190 said:
Would he though? Until her semblance actually activates there isnt a visual tell that she's getting stronger or absorbing energy.

Okay, i agree with you on the point of him being able to sneak attack via CD being invisible, but is CD really that much larger? I thought it was as big as Josuke, thats only 3 inches taller than Yang. Also even if CD manages to hit Yang and prevent her from directly landing her punch in the scenario youre describing, thats not going to stop her gauntlet from shooting Josuke in the face, and from a few centimeters away thats going to hurt, very, very badly.

There's nothing for him to really observe though, its an invisible barrier, the only way he'd really be able to observe her aura and semblance is to get into cqc with her. And it works both ways in what they'd assume as well, as telekinesis is something that Yang is actually quite familiar with (One of her teachers at Beacon was a telekinesis user and one of her close friends was able to use magnetism manip in a function similar to telekinesis) so if she starts getting hit by something she cant see its likely she'd assume that josuke has some form of telekinesis. What would restoring one or two of her shots back at her tip him off about? It wouldnt show him her semblance, at best he'd just see that she's not injured by her own attacks and would likely just assume she has a body covering stand like you said before. But yes, its going to be a match between a weird af ability and an ability that can oneshot.

It's both, the fact he can deal with that is Might i ask for scans of him going on a full day with these injuries? I dont remember that.

Pissed off or forced too. If Yang is truly to much of a match for him, he wouldnt have any other choice and he aint above playing a bit dirty. Or pissed off, and I mean, I can definitely see Yang bringing up his hair in character, which is more than enough to make that a completely fair and viable option he would resort to with no hesitation.

Yes, we've already concluded that the fusing should work fine on the aura.

It isnt her leg or arm being incassed, her arm and leg is literally rock. Like, melted into the ground, no longer organic or mobile. If she got her legs fused the the ground, the only way she'd be able to move is if she tore her own legs off.

Okay, i acknowledge that is something that can happen, but i dont see it as something that viably will for two reasons:

1. Volume 1-3 Yang definitely isnt the type to insult someone mid-combat, she's entirely 'punch first talk later'.

2. The only way he'd know that she's significantly stronger than him is if she manages to land a semblance amped punch on him as without her semblance amp she's basically just as strong as CD.

Wow, this matchup got over 150+messages in a little over 6 hours, my threads barely break 50 messages despite the effort into making good matchups with good BA's and a story to back up the match

Sorry if i sound bitter but I am

I'm sure at least someone here relates to this feeling

Thebannanaworkshop said:
Well she does talk ALOT during battle so it isn't something she wouldn't do.
When...? The only instance of her ever talking mid-combat in volume 1-3 is when she was yelling while punching the nevermore in its throat. Can you provide a scan of this?

Also i find it kinda funny that neither side of the argument has made an actual vote but there are still votes being counted lol

Now being as fair as possible if jouske isn't trying to kill yang then he would probably lose if he is trying to kill yang then she can't really stop him and she dies immediately.

>Would he though? Until her semblance actually activates there isnt a visual tell that she's getting stronger or absorbing energy.

Wouldnt need a visual tell, he'd likely be able to tell just by how she reacts, how likely she is to just try and facetank (idk I guess compare it SSJ4 Vs. S17), the fact that she's seemingly getting stronger after taking damage and is now getting an upperhand, etc. There's lots of tells that arent visual.

>Okay, i agree with you on the point of him being able to sneak attack via CD being invisible, but is CD really that much larger? I thought it was as big as Josuke, thats only 3 inches taller than Yang.

Kinda actually, at least he's supposed to be taller, by about a head canonically and going by the Araki scale figures. He's about Star Platinum size, a bit smaller but only by like a few cm.

>Also even if CD manages to hit Yang and prevent her from directly landing her punch in the scenario youre describing, thats not going to stop her gauntlet from shooting Josuke in the face, and from a few centimeters away thats going to hurt, very, very badly.

Not quite, CD has 1-2 meters away from Josuke of effective range (it's technically longer but past that point CD weakens drastically and no longer holds much power), it wouldnt be a few cm. To enter cqc with Josuke, she'd have to get passed CD (given her range attacks are rendered null by restoration), who can kinda just tap her and revert the semblance if she isnt aware of him or where he is, especially if she's assuming Josuke's the cause of the attacks and not invisible buff dude. Although yeah, I'm sure if he did get shot from cm it'd put him on his ass, but major damage wont kill nor drastically hinder his combative ability.

>There's nothing for him to really observe though, its an invisible barrier, the only way he'd really be able to observe her aura and semblance is to get into cqc with her.

It'd likely happen eventually, also invisible? From what I seen, and even in the links above, aura isnt invisible, it aint super obvious, but there is a tell that it's there.

>And it works both ways in what they'd assume as well, as telekinesis is something that Yang is actually quite familiar with (One of her teachers at Beacon was a telekinesis user and one of her close friends was able to use magnetism manip in a function similar to telekinesis) so if she starts getting hit by something she cant see its likely she'd assume that josuke has some form of telekinesis.

I said as much, I literally said it worked both ways, but the issue with what you just said is, assuming Josuke has tk is a very bad idea, assuming Josuke has tk in the vain of like Magneto or Mewtwo is bad, why? Because she'd assume that in order to beat Josuke she should get him and kill him, not heeding that Josuke isnt the issue but instead CD. If she assumes it's tk and not a punch ghost then the cros counter situation doesnt matter, because it wont happen, she wont cross counter with CD, she'll attempt to attack Josuke then get blindsided and suckerpunched by the invisible CD and then her semblance would be gone, while within cqc range of CD but not quite close enough to kill Josuke, while Josuke knows hpow much of a threat she is, and a 50/50 he's pissed off about his hair. Assuming it's tk is honestly the worst possible assumption for Yang.

>What would restoring one or two of her shots back at her tip him off about? It wouldnt show him her semblance, at best he'd just see that she's not injured by her own attacks and would likely just assume she has a body covering stand like you said before. But yes, its going to be a match between a weird af ability and an ability that can oneshot.

It'd tell she's protected by something, depending on what happened or how many, he could deduce she's also getting stronger, if she enters semblance at any point prior to cqc given the range, well that's kinda a huge tipoff. And if he assums she has a body covering Stand, Josuke is likely to do everything he can to figure out what it is before actively engaging, that's how Stand Users tend to fight.

>Might i ask for scans of him going on a full day with these injuries? I dont remember that.

You could kinda just check any fight he gets injured in, he never actually goes to the hospital after any. A good example is the RHCP fight, despite being ******* floored and beat up, coughing up blood and having trouble standing, he just deals with it, hangs around the dock with Koich after RHCp gets beat and eventually goes to hang with old man Joseph despite his sustained injuries like nothing ever happened. The end of Part 4 is a example too, despite seemingly life threatening injuries he's fine by the time Reimi ascends to heaven (although he has some gaws) and is there to watch her go, despite the fact he was bleeding out and had holes through him like an hour ago (we know this takes place on the same day due to the timeline, and the epilouge).

Possibility for this match up

1.jouske floors her then kills her.

2.yang stomps jouske down due to him not being ready

3. Incon is since jouske could spam restore and dodge.

Long response aaa

I'll respond to the long one in a sec but this is honestly looking kinda inconclusive, both have viable wincons and scenarios where both can viably happen

I missed some posts but...

Well I guess really depends, if Josuke is mad he'd likely resort to his trump card fusion. But if he aint trying to kill (main point here, Josuke only resorts to fusionism on those that he wants dead, but he opts for that instead as punishment). If Josuke aint trying to kill Yang, Yang probably will win eventually, but if Josuke is mad or wants to kill Yang, fusionism is basically his canon go to.

There's definitely a lot of details that I skimmed over but eh.

>Volume 1-3 Yang definitely isnt the type to insult someone mid-combat, she's entirely 'punch first talk later'.

Maybe not mid-combat but Josuke is one to do some banter, which she may or may not respond to plus given the apparent starting range, she has more than enough time to simply mention it, and Josuke's like a ******* hawk when it comes to the mere mention of his hair. And wouldnt even say insult, Josuke has taken things not meant to insult as insulting towards his hair, he's super touchy on it.

Hell, while not canon, but I think it's funny none the less, every character in ASB has a taunt to Josuke about his hair, two of which actually compliment his hair and Josuke just takes it wrong and gets pissed. Link, shit's funny actually, non-canon I know and not usable in this match but it's still a nice watch.

WeeklyBattles said:
Long response aaa
I'll respond to the long one in a sec but this is honestly looking kinda inconclusive, both have viable wincons and scenarios where both can viably happen
I'm completely fine with going inconclusive.

WeeklyBattles said:
Long response aaa

Ignoring the fact there's more than just 3 simple outcomes, it's a bit more than that.

But yes, both have viable winconditions that both can get off and win with depending on the sequence of events and the situation and context both find themselves in and thus who win's basically amounts to luck and a coin flip depending on how the fight plays out, in which it could play out in many different ways due to the characters in question, their nature, the versatility of their skillsets and abilities and etc. Thus, I'm fine with inconclusive if need be.

Necromercer said:
If Yang's full semblance is 5+ tons, then shouldn't it be restricted, as It would let her jump tiers?
Josuke having invisible haxxy punchy boi balances it out

Well, All right then. I'm not 100% on that, but hey. All right, I'll keep my Vote for Josuke, as I don't see Yang getting around Crazy Diamond, and given his exp with foes like her (I still think she's like Super Fly, but RHC makes sense as well) I feel that Josuke can get the win.

idk but it's time to get wasted and play smash at a friends so uh... arrideverci till later I guess.

Okay so in order:

Yang doesnt really try to facetank anything though, thats the thing, shes a brawler but she doesnt actively try to soak damage. She doesnt gradually get stronger over time either, she stays the same strength until she activates her semblance and then gets 2-4x as strong. If she gets close enough that he can tell that she's suddenly vastly stronger he's in big trouble.

Okay so CD is bigger but not overwhelmingly so.

1-2 meters still puts Josuke well in the range of her gauntlets' shots. CD would have to simultaneously intercept yang and intercept the shots that were fired at Josuke at the moment of interception, all with equalized speed. Even if CD reverts her semblance her shots are still 8-C+ and going right for his head and torso. It would be entirely likely that if she lands a shot in the face he could get knocked out by it even if it didnt kill him.

Aura is invisible yes, the only time its ever shown to be visible is if its close to breaking as it starts to flicker or if it breaks entirely in which case it visibly shatters into particles of the user's aura.

I know, i was more referring to how Glynda tends to use TK as a blunt attack in direct combat but i see what you mean.

>What would restoring one or two of her shots back at her tip him off about? It wouldnt show him her semblance, at best he'd just see that she's not injured by her own attacks and would likely just assume she has a body covering stand like you said before. But yes, its going to be a match between a weird af ability and an ability that can oneshot.

Protected by something yes but like i explained above her semblance doesnt make her gradually stronger over time, she stores the damage she takes and then amps herself all at once, and she wouldnt activate her semblance at range in-chaarcter, she only really activates it in close to cqc range.

Wouldnt that qualify for regen since he cant heal himself with CD? ovo

Well I guess really depends, if Josuke is mad he'd likely resort to his trump card fusion. But if he aint trying to kill (main point here, Josuke only resorts to fusionism on those that he wants dead, but he opts for that instead as punishment). If Josuke aint trying to kill Yang, Yang probably will win eventually, but if Josuke is mad or wants to kill Yang, fusionism is basically his canon go to.

There's definitely a lot of details that I skimmed over but eh.

Going by her fight against team FNKI, specifically Neon who bantered and insulted her the entire time, she'd get annoyed at best (And even then she went on to beat both of her opponents solo). And seeing how sensitive Yang is about her hair to the point of flying into a blind rage is one strand of hair is damaged she'd probably sympathize with Josuke.

lol ive seen this before, the interactions are great, definitely non-canon, but still funny.

Back