• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Secco vs Yang Xiao Long

Eh? Whats wrong with that? We already came to the agreement that he wouldnt be able to immediately melt Yang due to her aura protecting her and that regardless of if he can or cant melt Stands it wouldnt be instant due to Aura being able to regenerate

Oh my bad, I thought we were gonna have another 50 paragraph long argument on whether or not he can melt stands. You should've probably worded it a little better

>Given the initial range he would be more than likely to lead with trying to engage Yang directly seeing as thats what he did in the fights we saw with him.

Actually that isnt true, in all instances he started off trying to stealth (Edit: Stealth and have fall into the ground, he didnt even try pulling till a bit later), he'd realize in that instance Yang's advantage, cue the hiding. He only ever engaged directly after he fought Bruno while knowing he was stronger and he only ever found that out because Bruno ticked him into a direct confrontation. Secco would of never actually engaged Bruno directly if not for Bruno tricking Secco into engaging by jumping off a rail and having Secco emerge from the side and then pummeling him mid fall (and Secco only fell for that because he assumed it was still solid ground he was going through as nothing shouldve been able to fall and live).

>He doesnt have prior knowledge so he doesnt know that Yang is stronger, more skilled, and has ranged attacks and explosive punches that can deafen him

And Yang doesnt have prior knowledge that entering the mud becomes a death sentence either. Despite that being Secco's main method of attack and leads. And honestly? He'd figure it out quickly when Yang maybe doesnt fall into the mud, rocket propels and starts doing ranged attacks. Plus he's strong enough to take an initial hit or two then realizing ah **** this, i aint getting close to that, Yang aint ohkoing rght off the bat, especially not in character. And as said, he'd have to be extremely close to something that would deafen him for it to, well, deafen him, that's extremely unlikely to happen unless Yang is trying to do that and before Secco decides to range game it.

>He would go in close at the start like he did against Bruno and would immediately get slugged in the face.

As mentioned above, that isnt how it happened, he actively avoided direct confrontation.

>likely deafened as a result

Once again, given context, in character, what actually took deafening him in canon the proximity, this wont happen, unles Yang actively tries too, and especially aint gona be a thing she tries with her first punch.

>would have no idea why he cant melt his opponent

He actually has a bit of experience with characters not being effected by what they should, he likely just wont give a shit. And he probably wouldnt even consider given he's not gonna 1v1 cqc all things considered.

>and would go full panic mode like he did when his eardrums were ruptured in his fight with Bruno.

He'd likely go full panic mode due to getting punched or hit and have the wind blown outta him or harmed, which would lead to this situation, but not because of the deafening. That's very unlikely to happen when factoring in character, leads, proximity, and overall likely sequence of events.

You just repeated what i said but okay. And again, trying to stealth by burrowing in the ground isnt going to help with a combination of Yang's enhanced senses and her experience fighting and defeating opponents who use identical tactics.

Entering the mud isnt a death sentence due to her aura protecting her. Yang doesnt need prior knowledge of what Secco can do as she has prior experience fighting opponents who fight the same way he does. And actually since this is Volume 1-3 Yang it is in character for her to lead with her Semblance asap. Also, a normal shotgun blast is exponentially louder than a popping tire, and Yang's are a hell of a lot stronger than a normal shotgun blast, so if he's anywhere near one of them his ears are getting messed up.

He went for direct combat both times

Given context a shotgun blast is exponentially louder than a car tire popping. Yang doesnt need to actively try to, the explosions happen passively as a result of her punching.

It feels like this is going in circles, I'm looking forward to making a ton of Worm Matches when I finish it. Probably Coil vs Diavolo soon. What match should I make for now though, maybe something with Garou since i recently finished the OPM webcomic

>You just repeated what i said but okay. And again, trying to stealth by burrowing in the ground isnt going to help with a combination of Yang's enhanced senses and her experience fighting and defeating opponents who use identical tactics.

Yes, and you've done the same? What's your point. Yeah, it wont help really, it'll just eventually lead to a turtle match. And identical tatics doesnt mean much if the tatics are accompannied by drastically different enviroments and skillsets, She's fought opponents that can dig, yes, but difference being he has some ranged attacks (albeit wont help much), the ground he's in becomes effectively a giant pool of extremely harmful subtances, is extremely adept and hiding deep down, dodging, manuvering and avoiding attacks and wont come out after the initial blow.

>Entering the mud isnt a death sentence due to her aura protecting her. Yang doesnt need prior knowledge of what Secco can do as she has prior experience fighting opponents who fight the same way he does. And actually since this is Volume 1-3 Yang it is in character for her to lead with her Semblance asap. Also, a normal shotgun blast is exponentially louder than a popping tire, and Yang's are a hell of a lot stronger than a normal shotgun blast, so if he's anywhere near one of them his ears are getting messed up.

Aura aint permanent, every single moment she's in the mud the aura is taking permanent damage, it can heal but the profile outright says that all damage stacks till it's no more, she enters the mud then what? She gets kited around while the mud eats away at her aura and despite it's regen, that regen only lasts for so long ,till it's no more. Entering the mud would be stupid for her to do. She has prior experience fight opponents like Secco? And? That doesnt help when he can kinda just avoid everything that gets throw at him due to the range and distance he's gonna be at, everything is avoidable given speed equal (which is a benefit to her actually, not even him), and if need be he can **** right off deep down temporarily. Her leading with Semblance goes against her, because that means he absolutely wont enter cqc no matter what given he's being slammed by something that'll floor his ass, he'll run away right away far enough to catch his breath and respite, then cue turtling. Also not true, a simple popped tire didnt blow out his ears, a popped tire that literally exploded like less than a meter away from him did, big dfference, it aint a simple tire getting blown out, it was popped like a ballon in one go, that drastically increases the damage it would cause. And something like a shotgun blast (albeit drastically louder), if that's truly what it is, wont pop his eardrums, given even normal humans can deal with it (sometimes anyway, it'll harm the hearing but wont literally destroy your eardrums and cause blood to spray out like jets).

>He went for direct combat both times

Funny how both of those times are after he know he's stronger then Bruno, only against Bruno (nobody else) plus after the intial encounter. You say both times, but those times are actually the second and third times, you're being dishonest, that's not him leading with cqc, that's him entering cqc after he knows it's safe to do so. The first time he went for stealth, avoided actually fighting his opponents and tried to get them without even being seen, as said in great detail above, which you seemed to ignore, he only fought Bruno initially because he was tricked in such a way that isnt possible here and he ******* booked it the moment his face got hurt, difference being he learnd he was stronger and faster than Bruno then decided he could take him 1v1 in cqc, Yang isnt like that though. He doesnt lead or engange with direct combat, he only did so after he knew what his opponent could, that he could take them and after being tricked into doing so the first time.

>Given context a shotgun blast is exponentially louder than a car tire popping. Yang doesnt need to actively try to, the explosions happen passively as a result of her punching.

Actually given context it aint, it is louder than a tire popping, if that's all it was, you're ignoring popped tires dont actually occur in one huge instantaneous blow accompanied by a huge shockwave that outright causes massive internal bleeding that violently shakes the area and like what has to amount to a few hundred tons of stone (actually looking at it wtf why does it do that? That's a bit overkill even if it's a bit more than simply a popped tire), gonna chalk that up to Araki not realizing that aint supposed to happen or SF's blow accompanied by it in one go helped. You say given context but you're ignoring context.

>It feels like this is going in circles

Kinda, I feel like at the current state of the match, both sides have said what needed to be said.

I want to know where Yang was shown to no longer use ammunition for her gauntlets, because that is also one of the deciding factors for this fight.

Every fight after her trailer. Her trailer showed that she has 12 shots before she needs to reload, which was removed in the show itself as she has let off 40-50+ shots in fights without needing to reload and after the timeskip her mechanical arm does not even have visible shells anymore

In that very trailer she goes over the twelve shots she apperently needs to reload, so from that we know that more then 12 rounds are in each gauntlet. Another thing is that we're talking about 1-3 yang, so the mechanical arm doesn't matter in this context. And in the word of rwby, we rarely if ever see the characters reloading during their fights, especially these first few volumes where reloading seemed to only ever occur when ammo type switch occured. But we know they're using ammunution because we see that they carry ammo clips and we have seem the reloading. Yang isn't special in this case at all.

>And in the word of rwby, we rarely if ever see the characters reloading during their fights, especially these first few volumes where reloading seemed to only ever occur when ammo type switch occured.

Incorrect, they explicitly show people reloading and the writers even directly said that they write in scenes to have characters reloading in the middle of combat as well as have scenes where characters no longer have ammunition so they have to rely solely on melee combat.

This point was brought up and debunked in the thread that agreed that Yang doesnt use ammo

tbh I thinkit's actually 6 but I may of miscounted.

Since this isn't getting that much traffic anymore, I'm going to message one of my IRL friends to comment here (though I can't speak for how he'll vote)

Actually i just double checked and it seems like the other 3 votes were unconclusive, unless i'm wrong of course.

Bump. We should also get the other people who voted inconclusive and see if anyone changed their minds about their vote.

Back