• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Space-Time Shattering Protagonists Go At It (Redo)

“Also, in episode 24 of Kill la Kill Ryuko said to Ragyo “the closer I get to dying, the stronger I bounce back from it” I don’t remember exactly what she said, but yeah, she said something along those lines to Ragyo, go see for yourself”
Well that's kind of out of context and it's not on her profile so I take that with a grain of salt.
She was so much weaker than Goku, and slower than him, she couldn’t land anything
Kefla was stated that she could kill goku if one of her attacks land and then she promptly got kamehameha'd, I gave you reasons why kamehameha would work.

No, that’s full power Jiren, his base key is just “Low 2-C”, which is the one Goku fought
Ah yes you are right , i was confused because his description started with this " After witnessing Jiren's power which was massively held back"

I thought that was the one goku fought

What ? She was actually stronger , she even called goku's attacks wimpy , and it was stated that one blast from her could one shot goku
Okay, then why was it even brung up? All this proves is Goku self-movement is really fast, and Ryuko is equal to that in this battle

Well that's kind of out of context and it's not on her profile so I take that with a grain of salt.
Okay, more evidence. When Ryuko and Ragyo fought, the first few seconds, Ryuko’s scissor blades did literally nothing to her. Towards the end of the fight, she overpowered her

Okay, then why was it even brung up? All this proves is Goku self-movement is really fast, and Ryuko is equal to that in this battle
One reason it was *brought up is because goku completely overpowered her with a charged up kamehameha when they were pretty much even, the advantage goku had was UI.
Okay, more evidence. When Ryuko and Ragyo fought, the first few seconds, Ryuko’s scissor blades did literally nothing to her. Towards the end of the fight, she overpowered her
Well ok but like was this actually because of reactive PL or because of something else, I didn't watch the show but like she has rage power and absorbtion on her profile. If this is really true they should put it on her profile.

One reason it was *brought up is because goku completely overpowered her with a charged up kamehameha when they were pretty much even, the advantage goku had was UI.

Well ok but like was this actually because of reactive PL or because of something else, I didn't watch the show but like she has rage power and absorbtion on her profile. If this is really true they should put it on her profile.
You know characters are allowed to bluff and whatnot. Even so, Goku had the speed and AP advantage over Kefla. Goku only has the AP advantage over Ryuko, and not speed, and Ryuko’s supernatural willpower and regeneration makes up for the difference. Also, in the fight Ryuko did not whatsoever fight with rage, so it’s reactive evolution. Literally, if a person can get more powerful and adapt, then they have Reactive Evolution, rather than just RPL and Adaption separately as both create RE

Ok fine I think she should have it on the profile though. Anyway since they both have reactive PL, they won't gain an edge over the other. Ryuko's win conditions would be to keep regenerating until goku runs out of sign, Goku's win condition would be to dodge and charge the biggest kamehameha then get in close range or instant transmission to kill ryuko. I still give it to goku because of the superior AP and UI.

Ok fine I think she should have it on the profile though. Anyway since they both have reactive PL, they won't gain an edge over the other. Ryuko's win conditions would be to keep regenerating until goku runs out of sign, Goku's win condition would be to dodge and charge the biggest kamehameha then get in close range or instant transmission to kill ryuko. I still give it to goku because of the superior AP and UI.
Ryuko usually always fights people upclose, she’s against “too close for comfort”. She’ll always be on Goku and he wouldn’t have the time to charge at all. The reason Goku was able to hit Kefla was because she was busy firing energy beams everywhere. While Ryuko obviously doesn’t fight the way Kefla does, the solution Goku would come up with would have to be different

Ryuko usually always fights people upclose, she’s against “too close for comfort”. She’ll always be on Goku and he wouldn’t have the time to charge at all. The reason Goku was able to hit Kefla was because she was busy firing energy beams everywhere. While Ryuko obviously doesn’t fight the way Kefla does, the solution Goku would come up with would have to be different
He can spam instant transmission, and the only reason he was avoiding keflas blasts is because of UI so that applies to ryuko as well, speed is equal so she isn't countering UI very easily.

He can spam instant transmission, and the only reason he was avoiding keflas blasts is because of UI so that applies to ryuko as well, speed is equal so she isn't countering UI very easily.
No, Jiren was equal in speed to Goku and could still hit him. Instinctive Reaction is literally just moving through instinct, it doesn’t do anything about your speed. In DB’s case, instinctive reaction is something that increases a user’s speed. And in this case, speed is equal, so Ryuko is still capable of landing hits. And Ryuko can last longer before UIO runs out

In my opinion, it’s incon, because it’s truly unknown whether Goku could get Ryuko out before UIO runs out, since there are abilities Ryuko has that could make up for the AP difference. I can’t exactly vote here so... eh

No, Jiren was equal in speed to Goku and could still hit him. Instinctive Reaction is literally just moving through instinct, it doesn’t do anything about your speed. In DB’s case, instinctive reaction is something that increases a user’s speed. And in this case, speed is equal, so Ryuko is still capable of landing hits
No... Instinctive reaction is like the ultimate ability against close range in equal speed, UI increasing speed is a product of it being a transformation that boosts power level. Also jiren right when he unlocked hidden power was able to actually overpower goku twice, that's why he was tagging him even when goku was using instinctive reaction, but when he fought kefla, both of them were almost equal (kefla could've killed goku if she had hit him) yet she couldn't tag him once because of UI.

No... Instinctive reaction is like the ultimate ability against close range in equal speed, UI increasing speed is a product of it being a transformation that boosts power level. Also jiren right when he unlocked hidden power was able to actually overpower goku twice, that's why he was tagging him even when goku was using instinctive reaction, but when he fought kefla, both of them were almost equal (kefla could've killed goku if she had hit him) yet she couldn't tag him once because of UI.
Bruh, you can still be equal to someone in AP, but not in speed. In the Kefla vs Goku fight, it’s clearly a situation of “Equal AP, but Goku is too fast for her to actually hit”

Yeah but not in this case, UI doesn't increase speed it increase every stat. The reason he's winning against kefla is because of instinctive reaction. An example of someone who is faster than opponents but weaker than them is dyspo but he's stated to be like that, they never said that about UI. And it's not like instinctive reaction is his only way of avoiding attacks, he could easily perform an instant transmission kamehameha.

Yeah but not in this case, UI doesn't increase speed it increase every stat. The reason he's winning against kefla is because of instinctive reaction. An example of someone who is faster than opponents but weaker than them is dyspo but he's stated to be like that, they never said that about UI. And it's not like instinctive reaction is his only way of avoiding attacks, he could easily perform an instant transmission kamehameha.
Bringing up a previous argument, Ryuko is always fighting up close, she’s not letting Goku charge a Kamehameha, and she’s fast enough to be able to react to it

Last edited:
Bro we were just talking about this, he can easily dodge with UI like he did with kefla, Kamehameha takes a few seconds (Not 4 episodes lol), he can spam instant transmission to get far away or to get extremely close in and he's way more skilled. Even when speed's equal, charged attacks increase their power level more than the user so their speed is boosted too and mind you goku is gonna shoot his blast at extremely close range also like he did against kefla either by dodging with UI or instant transmission and ryuko is gonna be close range anyway. Goku has too many counters against ryuko, count my vote bro.

Bro we were just talking about this, he can easily dodge with UI like he did with kefla, Kamehameha takes a few seconds (Not 4 episodes lol), he can spam instant transmission to get far away or to get extremely close in and he's way more skilled. Even when speed's equal, charged attacks increase their power level more than the user so their speed is boosted too and mind you goku is gonna shoot his blast at extremely close range also like he did against kefla either by dodging with UI or instant transmission and ryuko is gonna be close range anyway. Goku has too many counters against ryuko, count my vote bro.
Did you not see the op? Your vote was already counted so many replies ago. Also, I just remembered a point that was brought up in a vs thread with Ryuko. She can literally just passively shockwave Goku, and use her sound based force field on top of that

The arguments for Goku sound more compelling to me, so I'll vote for him. Plus, it should be noted that Jiren specifically only reliably tagged Goku after his initial power up, after Goku got back up and used the "power of friendship" trope (reactive power level/Saiyan power), Goku became almost untouchable to Jiren again. So even if Ryuko is able to tag him reliably for a while, it wouldn't last long.

The arguments for Goku sound more compelling to me, so I'll vote for him. Plus, it should be noted that Jiren specifically only reliably tagged Goku after his initial power up, after Goku got back up and used the "power of friendship" trope (reactive power level/Saiyan power), Goku became almost untouchable to Jiren again. So even if Ryuko is able to tag him reliably for a while, it wouldn't last long.
Ryuko has reactive evolution too, so this argument doesn’t really work

Last edited:
Reactive PL ryuko is iffy, it's not on the profile but I've given you reason why goku can still win then.
And I said Ryuko can still passively shockwave and/or forcefield any attacks. And it isn’t iffy, I’ve literally given points as to why she has it. At this point I’m convinced it’s a point trying to be deemed irrelevant in favor of the character you’re voting

Reactive PL ryuko is iffy, it's not on the profile but I've given you reason why goku can still win then.
There’s also an explanation on her canon profile which should apply to her IF counterpart, “Reactive Evolution (Senketsu is able to rapidly evolve to gain new abilities in the heat of battle, including but not limited to being able to turn himself into blades, gain flight, and create forcefields)” She also has just Reactive Power level in her first set of abilities “Reactive Power Level (Able to grow permanently stronger every time she is brought close to death)” if she continuously gets hurt within the fight, she can permanently become stronger as the fight goes on

And I said Ryuko can still passively shockwave and/or forcefield any attacks. And it isn’t iffy, I’ve literally given points as to why she has it. At this point I’m convinced it’s a point trying to be deemed irrelevant in favor of the character you’re voting
Reactive PL is fine then I understand. Anyway how are sound waves doing anything to goku or energy blasts exactly?

Ryuko has literally used sound force fields against energy waves
Are the sound force fields comparable in durability to ryuko or does it have any limitations? Like does it have to be manually pulled up or is it passive? Basically does it have a chance surviving an attack several times it's power?

Are the sound force fields comparable in durability to ryuko or does it have any limitations? Like does it have to be manually pulled up or is it passive? Basically does it have a chance surviving an attack several times it's power?
It seems like it is a bit more powerful than her durability, considering she needed it to survive something that could’ve costed her the fight. And the force field is not passive, her shockwaves are the ones that are passive. So if Goku got close, Ryuko can just shockwave him. And they aren’t really that far away from each other in power anyways. And Ryuko can actively keep the gap between herself and Goku to always be the same, at the same time being able to adapt to the situation she’s in via Reactive Evolution

That's what I wanted to know. Alright, the conclusion I come up with is probably goku is gonna realize he can't beat her with punches and kicks even though he'll be better in close range so he'll resort to a big attack so say a kamehameha. He'll charge it up enough to several times his PL and either get extremely close with UI like he did with kefla and blast her or instant transmission and catching her off guard and blasting her. Ryuko's only win condition is UI running out since she has the superior stamina.

That's what I wanted to know. Alright, the conclusion I come up with is probably goku is gonna realize he can't beat her with punches and kicks even though he'll be better in close range so he'll resort to a big attack so say a kamehameha. He'll charge it up enough to several times his PL and either get extremely close with UI like he did with kefla and blast her or instant transmission and catching her off guard and blasting her. Ryuko's only win condition is UI running out since she has the superior stamina.
Charging his Kamehameha doesn’t increase his durability, only his AP. Ryuko can still passively shockwave him, if he ITs within her vicinity

I like how the reasoning for winning hre is AP when Ryuko can regen from quite literally everything Goku can throw at her and she gets exponentially stronger and more durable every second of the fight

I like how the reasoning for winning hre is AP when Ryuko can regen from quite literally everything Goku can throw at her and she gets exponentially stronger and more durable every second of the fight
Exactly, they both get stronger as the fight goes on, so the gap will likely stay the same throughout the fight. Ryuko gets stronger through every attack thrown at her. It’s likely she could catch up to Goku

Back