• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Overlords Battle to the "death"

Unless Type 7 in Ninjago means "Resistance to Deathhax", then Garmadon gets timestopped and deathhaxed.

That's in Overlord, not Ninjago.

Verse equalization doesn't equalize resistances from what I'm aware of.

That would be like saying magic in Fate would suddenly be less effective against people with no resistances because mages have resistances in Fate.

Thing is though, in general, we assume undead can survive death manipulation even here on VSBW

That just depends entirely on how the deathhax works.

Plenty of deathhax operate in a way that would OHKO the undead. How does Grasp Heart work, again?

Wasn't TGoALID the only thing in Overlord that can kill undeads?.....also it's entirely possible to use death hax on things that aren't alive or are dead...

I've seen verses where "killing something is simply the act of making said thing cease to function"....using that definition...wouldn't the undead need resistance to that kind of ability rather than the traditional death manipulation?

IDK....I've always wondered this.

Deathhax can totally kill the undead if it specifically destroys parts of their bodily functions.

Low-High/Type 2 would no-sell that, then.

What can Ainz do to get past Low-High? He likely starts with timestop, so he sort of has free range to do what he wants with Garmadon.

Kill via Fallen Down that Vaporizes stuff? (Or at least turns into dust, as seen with Shalltear). Black Hole?

Fallen down doesn't negate durability. If it was he would have led with it. He explicitly said it didnt have enough power to one-shot her

Yobobojojo said:
Fallen down doesn't negate durability. If it was he would have led with it. He explicitly said it didnt have enough power to one-shot her
I doubt Ainz would open with The Goal of all Life is Death, and by the time he ends Time Stop, thinking Garmadon is dead, Garmadon regens and then haxes Ainz to death with reality warping.

Ainz has 3 resurrections by the way. One reality warp death isn't doing Ainz in.

Edit: Oh and Ainz will flat out NEVER think an opponent is dead until he verifies it. He doesn't blow up an enemy and strike a pose like Power Rangers and crap. So the very premise you place Ainz in is fundementally flawed.

Akreious said:
Ainz has 3 resurrections by the way. One reality warp death isn't doing Ainz in.

Edit: Oh and Ainz will flat out NEVER think an opponent is dead until he verifies it. He doesn't blow up an enemy and strike a pose like Power Rangers and crap. So the very premise you place Ainz in is fundementally flawed.
The confidence in which you decry power rangers is borderline heretic, so I'll ask you to keep it out of this thread ovo

Correction, there's no stated number actually.

"Ring that allows the user to resurrect at barely any penalties. With this ring equipped by Ainz, he would lose some experience points and his lowest-quality item after resurrection instead of five levels and highest-quality item."

So.... agree to disagree I guess.

Also is it too far of a stretch to say that Ainz will see Gardmadon as an Undead-Type being, given Garmadon looks far from a normal living being? Especially with the dark spectral-type look.

Why can't Ainz use Black Hole again?

Yobobojojo said:
Akreious said:

The confidence in which you decry power rangers is borderline heretic, so I'll ask you to keep it out of this thread ovo
Kamen Rider? Ultraman? Super Sentai? Sazer X? I can keep going >;D

Akreious said:
Not sure how Garmadon uses his reality warping. The power hardly needs to kill him to defeat him.

Given how Garmadon doesn't exactly need his heart to function, Garmadon would just immediately retaliate with an attack of his own after timestop is over, so Ainz wouldn't have the luxury of attacking again. And even if he's vigilant and immediate counterattack with reality warping will catch him off guard.

Garmadon can pretty much do anything with the Megaweapon (within reason of course). Age manipulation, duplicating Ainz, time travel. Age manipulation works on things that were never young to begin with and interferes with their powers too. And touching the Megaweapon will erase you from existence. Also, Ainz will probably think the Megaweapon is a World Item and try and bring out his own to protect him, which would be a huge mistake here.

Also, this is Emperor Garmadon, who is covered in armor and may look like a monster, but his rib cage and other undead features aren't visible under armor.

Grasp Heart also stupefys should it fail to kill, so you're missing that tidbit.

Grasp Heart is something Ainz does prior to Grasp Heart, if Grasp Heart fails and the target is stupefied rather than dead then Ainz would go for Time Stop as he has now established regular instant death won't work. Ainz will definitely have the luxury of attacking again, as even if Garmadon kills Ainz, Ainz will revive and still have another chance.

Reality Warping is almost definitely not going to catch him off guard. What?

Garmadon can only warp reality by using the Megaweapon

"Creation: By wielding the power of Creation, the weapons can create something out of nothing, warp reality, and manipulate the elements that make up Ninjago."

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall Garmadon flat out never just "lol you're gone" against an enemy once with this. Plus weapons with instant-effect (Also known as hitscan) is literally common-place in Overlord, with most of Ainz' spells being hitscan. He isn't going to be caught off-guard.

Except Ainz clearly always starts with time stop in 1v1

It will, simply because that level of reality warp isn't nearly as commonplace as you're making it out to be. That level of power is restricted to world tier items

Creation isn't reality warping, who said that?

No, but literally Garmadon moves his hand and manipulates the area around him. And even if Garmadon does get harmed, he'll likely have to deal with the colossi as well

Yobobojojo said:
Garmadon can pretty much do anything with the Megaweapon (within reason of course). Age manipulation, duplicating Ainz, time travel. Age manipulation works on things that were never young to begin with and interferes with their powers too. And touching the Megaweapon will erase you from existence. Also, Ainz will probably think the Megaweapon is a World Item and try and bring out his own to protect him, which would be a huge mistake here.
Also, this is Emperor Garmadon, who is covered in armor and may look like a monster, but his rib cage and other undead features aren't visible under armor.
Okay let's address theseee

Age Manipulation needs proper feats or else I can't pit it against Ainz' abilities.

Ainz won't touch the Megaweapon first, he'd use

"All Appraisal Magic Item: Beside identifying the target item, this spell would even tell its caster about a magic item's creator and manufacturer."

So he isn't erasing himself.

Why the heck would it be a huge mistake here? Also Ainz himself doesn't really use any World Items as he's distributed most of them to the Floor Guardians plus we don't know what most of the combat-oriented ones would do. He wouldn't need to grab one from his treasury to defend himself from World Item Effects since the red orb he has in his stomach IS a World Item.

Also

"Undead Blessing: Can sense other undead beings."

Ainz is knowing that Garmadon is undead period.

Can you be a bit clear on what you mean?

I never said he would

Ainz still has one in backup to protect himself, the one that was "strong against dragons". The orb in his stomach isn't a world item, that was WN only.

That's fair.

Yobobojojo said:
Except Ainz clearly always starts with time stop in 1v1
It will, simply because that level of reality warp isn't nearly as commonplace as you're making it out to be. That level of power is restricted to world tier items

Creation isn't reality warping, who said that?

No, but literally Garmadon moves his hand and manipulates the area around him. And even if Garmadon does get harmed, he'll likely have to deal with the colossi as well
And that level of Reality Warping has yet to display proper feats that you're claiming has this amazing 1-shot capacity I've yet to see. Also if Ainz appraises it and sees it's World-Tier, or hell even just scan the level of Garmadon and the weapon then he will definitely be on-guard with everything Garmadon does with the staff.

Creation is the only instance and reference of any form of reality warping the Megaweapon has, so excuse me for being hesitant on seeing "Reality Warping" and not immediately thinking "Waves hands and 1-shots!".

That's the thing, he's never used the "hand Wave" technique and just poofed someone out of existence before like you're implying. Granted I'm not caught up on Ninjago, but the best I remember from him is making some sort of portal with the Megaweapon.

Edit: Eh I'd say it would make sense. Ainz having a World-Item on him at all times as a part of his character is something he'd likely do to just counteract other world Class Items, plus who's going to stop them? His entire guild pretty much trusts him 100% so it's not like he's going to get reprucussions

tl;dr is show me some feats of Garmadon just waving his hand and poofing his enemies out of existence, since that's what you're implying. Reality Warping is almost never portrayed as this "You're dead" move and I don't recall that in Ninjago either.

Back