• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transdualism in WoD

Udlmaster

They/Them
Okay, just want to rip the bandage of at this point because I want to get this all nice and orderly, I really don't want this to go to shit again like most other WoD threads.

So, what type of Transdualism will WoD have:

So, to start of some Mages are able to remove the ravages of Death, Karma and Duality: https://i.imgur.com/Kpqx4Mu.png

Then in WoD, there exists multiple levels of "dualism" if you will: Unity, which can either be Taiji (Supreme Ultimate) or Wuji (Before Differentiations, Without Ultimate), Unity is described to be totally beyond all dualities and Trinities even beyond the Duality of existence and Nonexistence. (You will see the scan of this at the end)

Duality is described specifically as Yin and Yang, and is extremely in-depth on what it is, even name dropping "Ling-Pao T'ien-tsun" who is a major Taoist God who is one of the Manifestations of Lau Tzu and Rules over Tai-Yin and Tai-Yang (Ultimate Yin and Ultimage Yang)

Trinity or Duality in trigrams is even greater, for it goes beyond just dualities where The 1 Ching talks about how the trigrams are important and are represented by multiple Yin and Yangs and would apply to an even greater level of abstract-ness beyond Duality. It also states that it is the God: "Taote T'ien-tzun" who us the DIVINE ARCHETYPE of Lau Tzu and maybe equal to the Jade Emperor; https://www.religionfacts.com/taoism/glossary

All this can be found here: https://m.imgur.com/xn7JGh3

And so, what level of Transdualism does WoD have?

The problem is with Type 2, it doesn't apply to what is described by WoD, as Type 2 states they don't conceptually transcend Duality, but as shown, they do far more, and not only this but they transcend all philosophical posturing, Psycological thesis, ideas, concepts, mathematical formulae and discarded theories, Religious belief and so on; https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/585566340736352280/586551774052220928/image0.png

They are evidently beyond Duality conceptually, even transduality as a concept, and Trinity, this is even something that nigh-all verses do not have at all.

And thus, they cannot have Type 2 because they transcend all dualities, trinities and Transdualities and Non-Dualities.

And so, either there should be a new type or WoD has the transduality to push them into 1-A.

I think the first scan regarding Mages creating a place immune to duality is vague as hell, so I will just leave it for later and get to the meat of the subject.

Just to clarify things a bit, the part about Trinities is referencing this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Pure_Ones

As one can probably guess by this page, the Taoist Trinity doesn't refer to some abstract state beyond duality or anything like that, but rather to three fundamental concepts/deities which sprang from the "Two" that is the Ying-Yang and in turn produced all things from the disordered, primordial universe which existed at the beginning.

This becomes really obvious when you stop to read that the text is actually describing how the cosmos progressed from the unexpressible featurelessness of the Wuji (The Tao) to the non-dual source of all creation that is the Taiji (The One), which then gave origin to the Ying-Yang (The Two), from which then sprang the primordial trinity (The Three) that made all things in the physical, spatio-temporal universe we inhabit. It is not talking about increasingly higher abstract states, but about the stages of sub-creation which led to the birth of the world as it is.

I should then note how that same scan defines the Triagams representing the Trinity as also representing permutations of the Ying-Yang, the Two. "Permutation" meaning a particular way a given object can be modified or arranged in a differing manner.

so yea.

It should also be noted that standing in transcendence and superiority over non-dual states is really just a higher degree of nonduality. It doesn't necessarily warrant another type altogether.

Lastly, may I ask in what context these concepts are being used here?

Firstly, this is all what the Taoist religion believes and has to offer, it's the exact same as you can see, and as you yourself have said that Taiji is transdualism.

Additionally, as you can see, it states there are Gods of this level, and Gods who would govern or rule over these levels of reality.

The context is all there, it's talking how Taoism is apart of the WoD verse in itself.

I agree, Nondualism is definitely a thing in WoD, I am just saying "Trinities" aren't actually referring to states beyond Transduality or anything like that, but rather deities/concepts which sprang from, and are permutations of the Ying-Yang in the first place.

A scan describing the basic principles of Taoism is rather vague and has no indication as to how it relates to the rest of the verse. Further proof is needed to show that taoist cosmology is actually part of WoD.

Just finding the book which states that Taoism, Kabbalah and similar are all legitimate origins and aspects of WoD.

Okay, so, firstly found that Taoist Sorcerers actually manipulate their bodies to make them suitable to the Archetypal Realm prior to Heaven, working their way back from the 10,000 things and going and transcending further until they become one with The Tao: https://i.imgur.com/YY1ecHs.jpg

So, yes, these would have to be layers of reality for them to work their way back to, even in the abstract sense, additionally this proves that all these are absolutely apart of WoD as this is something they do within the verse as shown.

Here's it literally stating it's a type of sorcery; https://i.imgur.com/CjDi9Wc.jpg

Here's the next page for you, expanding further, going into the 10,000 things and such for you; https://i.imgur.com/4Bg6Cpn.jpg

I've asked a Owner of WoD if the Concepts of Time, Space and Dimension exist within the Super al realms, if he responds with "yes" then this is undeniable truth that WoD's Platonic concepts are 1-A, and that WoD is 1-A

That is against the wiki's policies, I believe. Pestering authors about tiering stuff isn't something you should do, and I am fairly sure that we wouldn't accept that anyways, unless the author gave some really detailed and elaborate response instead of "lol yeah" or similar stuff.

Nevertheless, I do believe WoD does qualify for Type 3 Transduality now, looking at those scans, and by extension, 1-A.

But, I think that is beyond me, you can probably take it up to other knowledgeable members, at this point.

To rephrase, I'm not asking them something thst is not supported by the source material, I'm asking them to clarify, as many Word of God statements are for, as the Supernal is a Infinite collection of realms that each contain a Nigh-infinite amount of Platonic truths, it being Nigh-Infinite is that all things that are lies or false, I.e. not in the Supernal, exist within the Abyss, a Nigh-Infinite collection of Archetypal lies.

Together they make up the infinite Archetypal concepts that make up reality.

And I am asking the main Writer if the Concepts of Space, Time and Dimensions exist in the Supernal realms.

That really doesn't change much. You are asking them specific questions expecting answers that clarify something which only serves for a VS Debating context and nothing else. This isn't how things work here.

I can see about getting to this tomorrow, possibly later tonight but don't count on it

Also yeah you can't ask them that.

That seems strange as most Word of statements we use are made purely with the intent of Vsdebating, I'm not sure why there's a distinction made for some reason.

Anyway, ignoring all that, what are your thoughts on said Infinite Platonic Truths/Archetypal Lies being another reason for 1-A as well?

Udlmaster said:
That seems strange as most Word of statements we use are made purely with the intent of Vsdebating, I'm not sure why there's a distinction made for some reason.
Because asking especific things like that make it seem like you are manipulating the creators to fulfill whateven agenda you may have.

Just use what is in the works of fiction to make it clear.

Anyway, ignoring this, what are your thoughts on the Infinite Platonic/Archetypal Concepts?

Would that also support 1-A?

Its not the platform thats the issue, its how hes getting them.

EDIT ok so I guess platform does matter as well.

Cropfist said:
There is no reason for the platform to impact statement validity.
It actually does. An answer an author gives in a serious, thought out interview done in a professional environment has a lot more validity than a one-two word response to a random fan question sent to them on Twitter.

Back