• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Non-duality question because its kinda weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose there is an entity that fits our bill for Non-duality type 2, as in, this entity is in "a nondual state regarding all dual systems within an entire level of reality in a way that makes them occupy both or neither state of the dualities."

Lets call the non-dual entity, entity 1, and put a new guy, let's call him entity 2. Let's also assume that both of them are completely abstract. Lets then say that Entity 2 is essentially the exact opposite of Entity 1, in pretty much everything.

Do we then assume that entity 2 is in a duality with entity 1? And thus, disqualifying entity 1s type 2 non-duality? Or do we assume that both function in higher levels where both have type 2 non-duality but exist in a sort of "meta-duallty"

I sort of know the logical answer to this, but I just want to know how exactly does the wiki treat stuff like this.

Do we then assume that entity 2 is in a duality with entity 1? And thus, disqualifying entity 1s type 2 non-duality? Or do we assume that both function in higher levels where both have type 2 non-duality but exist in a sort of "meta-duallty"
I don't believe there's any hard-set rule. However, these are two mutually exclusive properties so I would be inclined to think neither are truly type 2.

Can I see any examples where such a character had their non-duality type 2 disqualified for having an opposite to themselves?

Obviously, I'm revising that now.

If TD has a superiority requirement similar to "qualitative superiority in composite hierarchies" as DT says, it means that from now on you can never have TD without dimensional superiority and most TDs are bombed.

Let's see what DT has to say

Can I see any examples where such a character had their non-duality type 2 disqualified for having an opposite to themselves?
I'm not familiar with any characters who have an opposite and non-duality type 2. I'm sure there are some that are, as it's an easy ability to misunderstand.

I'm not familiar with any characters who have an opposite and non-duality type 2. I'm sure there are some that are, as it's an easy ability to misunderstand.
And if DT will say that TD is as I said in the Q&A revision, I think most TDs, not just a few characters, will be wrong and nuked.

Oh brother, a pretty good percentage of people with ND have characters who are opposite to them, I'll list some but do know, some of these could be misinterpreted:
  • IS and IS-NOT (SCP)
  • God and Nothingness (Unsong)
  • Tiger God and The Phoenix Force (Marvel)
  • A whole lot of guys from Persona from what I can see
  • Lord Chaos and Master Order (Marvel)
The list really goes on, there is a lot of guys that have ND2 and ND3, even, but have opposites. I personally don't disagree with any of those, because propositional logic doesn't really work like that anyways.

I don't really interact with those verses much, so I can't speak to that.

The opposite of non-duality is duality itself, and being outside both of them will make you in a third state.

Which is aspect 3.

I am more so referring to how the wiki treats this, because as shown above, there is a handful of non-dual entities that have opposites and very clearly are in dual systems.

I am more so referring to how the wiki treats this, because as shown above, there is a handful of non-dual entities that have opposites and very clearly are in dual systems.
I mean, Duality and Non-duality in and of itself is a dual system. Non-duality is the opposite of Duality, and vice versa.

Maybe the opposite of these non-dual being is the duality itself?

I am more so referring to how the wiki treats this
It would be prudent to keep in mind that the wiki is not a homogenous entity in terms of its beliefs. The nonduality page doesn't go to great pains to specify what to do in such cases, and I don't believe we've had a concrete discussion about them. As such, the fact that some such entities have nonduality and some don't is a reflection of the varying views of voting staff. Some profiles, keep in mind, haven't been updated in years or perhaps their nonduality ability hasn't been the subject of revision in years, which further obfuscates the matter. Sometimes profiles are given a list of abilities at the outset (when the profile is created) and no one ever deeply scrutinizes it.

So, the answer is that there is no single correct answer. We could -- at some point -- attempt to establish more specific criteria for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back