• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tournament but It’s Opposite Day for Real

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
I'm starting to suspect this tournament does not start, so since I still have 3 days in which I'm too busy for proper activity I will create this clone instead.

The rules are basically the same.

That is: Characters of all tiers are allowed, but you progress in the tournament by losing your fight.

Battles are fully SBA. Note that this includes the fair battlefield stuff, so if you nominate the fish it will get water.

Lastly, if you nominate a character that kills themselves shortly after the fight starts or dies on their own very fast, you have to justify why a battle of that character vs. someone who doesn't do that could be somewhat interesting. So suicide is essentially the equivalent to what broken hax is in other tournaments.

With that being said, I will start with the assumption that it will be an 8 characters tournament.
  1. SCP-014 sponsored by Kirinator07
  2. The Monarch of Pointland sponsored by HonestlyBored24
  3. Shiro sponsored by Peppersalt43
  4. Tickle-Me Wiggly Doll sponsored by Adem_Warlock69
  5. Grey sponsored by Arnoldstone18
  6. Kota sponsored by SuperStar
  7. Time Vulture sponsored by DontTalkDT
  8. Silverfish sponsored by GarrixianXD

Bracket

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4
Match 5

Last edited:
Well, back to it

Goes into a coma when not in the presence of her brother

I pick her

A literal child

All accepted so far~

Mister Mxyzptlk (Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade) As far as I understand he[11-A; Punished Key] is just a photo incapable of doing anything and that only needs to be torn apart.

Details about me if the entry is accepted:

I'm too lazy and probably won't argue[He's a "photo"(not literally it's just the way it's seen in reality) so he'd just "lose" to someone self-destructing so i wouldn't have anything to argue with anyway 🤷]

Mister Mxyzptlk (Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade) As far as I understand he[11-A; Punished Key] is just a photo incapable of doing anything and that only needs to be torn apart.

Details about me if the entry is accepted:

I'm too lazy and probably won't argue[He's a "photo"(not literally it's just the way it's seen in reality) so he'd just "lose" to someone self-destructing so i wouldn't have anything to argue with anyway 🤷]
Existing as a photo is not as decisive of a loss here as you might think lol

Anway, if you don't want to argue the matches then I will wait and see if anybody else wants the remaining spot for now. A tournament is just 10x easier to conclude if at least the nominators argue.

Does this tourney still need candidates?

Just asking. I'm not really sure I have any ideal suggestions.

Match 2

Will do the coin toss of who advances for match 1 if either 7 votes are reached or the match with the winner is supposed to start

You didn't mean to submit the Minecraft version, did you?

Also, reading about how haxy the participants supposedly are, I wonder if I should've just suggested Igglybuff.

It's whole thing is it has a rubbery, elastic body, & if it starts bouncing/rolling it'll do so everywhere, uncontrollably unable to stop. Problem is, it IC-ly, moves by bouncing. (Plus, it's a Baby Pokemon, & with its tiny limbs, & with its balloon-like, rotund, short-limbed body, I don't have much confidence in how steadily it can walk.)

& with Pokemon standards:
Range: Standard melee range, extended melee range with moves like Sing.

It's IC move is singing, which it can hurt its throat if it does so too much -& it practices incessantly- without breaking, liable to hurt its own throat, to the extent it needs fresh spring water to maintain its throat's health.- &, which, IC is Sleep Manipulation.

Meaning it has to get within a few meters to use its preferred tactic which is a solid win condition in omnidirectional, sound-based Sleep Manipulation.... But in doing so, it's liable to turn itself into a bouncy, out of control pinball.

Like many Pokemon, lots of hax, but it's greatly hindered by its behaviour.

Match 3

Feel free to throw some more votes into match 2, though.

Match 1 was a draw. Per coin toss Silverfish advances.
Match 2 the doll has the majority of votes, so Shiro advances.
Match 3 Grey stomps, so Time Vulture advances.
Match 4 Kota stomped, so SCP-014 advances.

Time for Match 5.

Back