• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Extra Boss Scaling?

I don't know if this has been already adressed before. So I noticed most of the extra stage bosses are 5-A, usually by scaling from 6th stage boss, other high tiers or solid Large Planet feats. But there are some that are at least 6-C scaling from fodder. These characters include, Koishi and Raiko. Now the idea of the Extra Bosses is that they are treated as powerful as the 6th stage bosses if not, more powerful. But it doesn't make since to me to make these two scaling from the bottom of the list and not with the rest of the extras. Would it be fair to scale these two to the rest of the extra bosses? Maybe a "likely Large Planet" at best?

Yea😆.It seems weird to me if they can scale those two like the other Extras but not the phantasm stage Yukari

I was going to also mention Nue in this but she's 5-A already now, so now there's only Raiko and Koishi who remain 6-C.

As for Koishi, it's probably because of her sister, she is stronger than her, but they're both satori, who are at least 6-C (they're also not much of a fighter type)

Not sure about Raiko, but her profile has this to say:

However, she began to feel a strong, new magical power within her.
At the same time, ferocity flared up in her mind. "Now is the time for the tools to take revenge," she thought.

She was wise, though, and quickly realized that this power was that of an oni (i.e. that of the Miracle Mallet).

She felt that at this rate, she'd be completely taken over by it.

Back