• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so there are some scaling issues here. So, first off, Wario's profile says he's stronger than the Shake King. There are two problems with that. 1. In regular stages, Wario can't do anything about The Shake King, essentially turning everything into Pizza Time but lamer, and 2. If I recall correctly, both Wario and the Shake King can damage AND shake each other in the final boss battle, pretty much equally I might add, bearing in mind shaking is the main mechanic of Wario Land: Shake It!. The only thing that makes Wario stronger than Shake King is Wario's size-to-strength ratio (Shake King's like 12 feet or so tall while Wario's about 5'5" scaling off Mario in the height chart).

The second scaling issue here is Wario compared to Shokora. Now, the current scaling here is Shokora compares to Wario due to both damaging bosses, including the Golden Geisha. Now, from what I've seen, each of Shokora's best abilities can almost one-shot each boss if they're "super effective" against them. While that can be ditched as a game mechanics thing, the Golden Diva is a special case. See, the Diva herself is the only boss in the game that shows visual signs of damage for each and every hit taken. While health bars are game mechanics, the Golden Diva's masks aren't. See, the Diva layered masks over her face to hide her ugly mug. Wario's hits each take out one mask layer. Shokora? She takes out eight layers.:

Bear in mind, all of Shokora's best items deal equal damage save for whenever one item is "super effective" (nothing is super effective against the Diva). Granted this is from Shokora temporarily bypassing the cat curse laid onto her by becoming a shopkeep (as her cat form couldn't do jack against the Diva), but if you remove all instances of game mechanics from the game (in this case, there are only two in the cutscene that plays out for each item: Wario's health bar and the boss' health bar), you still can see eight layers of masks being removed from the Diva. This is through pure visuals. Would that make Shokora High 7-C? No! Would that make her stronger than Wario? Yes. Visually tearing through eight layers of masks is quite a bit more powerful than tearing through just one layer of masks.

As such, the characters keep their tiers, but the scaling chain would be more like this:

Shokora>Wario=Shake King=Wario Land 4 Bosses

I've only focused on Wario Land 4 and Shake It here. It'll be a bit before people start accounting for Wario Lands 1 through 3 (Wario Land 1 has a genie that can carve Wario's face into... Depending on whether you rely on Lonely Goomba or MarioWiki, that space sphere could either be a moon or a planet). But yeah, may as well start somewhere with the Wario Land series.

One thing I would ask is if any of the summons that deal this much damage are all attack combos like this one or some are just one blow. If the latter, than this seems ok, with the note that idk the Wario Land games very much.

Back