• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Touhou.600.3999284.jpg

I feel so bad for Shou lmao
Yeah, I have a friend that's a Shou fan and he was really mad about Shou not being included.

Should I play PoFV? It seems to be Touhou 19 but with more features.
I see, I will check it out later.

I am the deadass, I would never lie for my own amusement. The Japanese text was saying something something about Maribel time traveling to the present. It's a weird subplot.
No one came to disprove my own ridiculous claims so I admit that I was lying for my own amusement. There was never a time travel plot with Maribel, that was Yukari, not Maribel. I did a little bit of trolling, teehee!

Anyway, Zanmu is prolly the most badass final boss in Post-ULIL right after Junko, Okina, and Yuuma....
Mfs became an oni and impressed a lot's of hell's folks that she became the leader of it, the most intelligence characters so far and very manipulative in good way, the one who responsible for moved the Current Hell to where it currently sat hence Former Hell, literally stopped the war between Animal Spirits, Surface World inhabitants, and the Oni from Hell, and even technically WON against Reimu and only stopped because Reimu reminded her past life when she was still a monk

Not only this mfs has the swag and style, she also has a very functional big brain, she's like Kiara Sessyoin from Fate but without horniness and evil, but rather true neutral and extreme cunningness

I laready know, i just went with the flows and messing alongside with you as well 😂
******* hell innit, I got out Aizen'ed. It's over.
Anyway, Zanmu is prolly the most badass final boss in Post-ULIL right after Junko, Okina, and Yuuma....
Mfs became an oni and impressed a lot's of hell's folks that she became the leader of it, the most intelligence characters so far and very manipulative in good way, the one who responsible for moved the Current Hell to where it currently sat hence Former Hell, literally stopped the war between Animal Spirits, Surface World inhabitants, and the Oni from Hell, and even technically WON against Reimu and only stopped because Reimu reminded her past life when she was still a monk

Not only this mfs has the swag and style, she also has a very functional big brain, she's like Kiara Sessyoin from Fate but without horniness and evil, but rather true neutral and extreme cunningness
I agree with Zanmu being badass, probably equally or more badass than Okina and Yuuma. Though I wouldn't say Junko is badass, not when compared to other Touhou characters. She went on an edgy revenge to kill an innocent person whose crime was being the wife of the man that killed her family, and she didn't even succeed at that. Not even with the help of Hecatia and the hell fairies.
Then she completely gives up on her revenge quest if the protagonist is pure from death (Point-device mode or a normal mode 1CC)
Junko's pretty lame to be honest, haha. At least Okina master-planned several incidents and events behind the scenes and Yuuma solo'ed most 17.5 protagonists and even beat Okina and Flandre.

Rather than badass, Junko is tragic, even moreso when her plan got foiled
Yeah, she did very wrong there but i can't help but feels so sympathict on her, at least now she's much in better stTe

But yeah, Zanmu is has that exaggeration swagger of oni monk right there, and this is the 2nd (or 3rd if you count Reimu against Yuuma) time where Reimu lost against an opponent fairly

Anyway Fuji, tell us about the funny scaling we get from th19 since everything has been shown
I think they're not gonna talk here til she has the revisions ready...which is about 2 years or so.
Yeah I'm temporarily retired, this site just isn't worth much to me anymore. Just ping me for any major Touhou related stuff and I'll try to show up though.

TH19 doesn't have any particularly good scaling (minus a very dubious 2-A feat). I think it shines most in terms of abilities, since Zanmu has very effective void hax, there's some stuff elaborating on the nature of souls, touch based BFR for several characters, and of course, the Exorcism Aura bullshit. Reimu also might straight up scale to peak oni now, though that's heavily reliant on whether or not Zanmu would scale to Suika. Honestly though, I've been waiting for the translations to be 100% done before researching it. It's a densely packed game and I want as much context as possible before starting on it.

I see, Zanmu scaling to Suika might be legit but as you said, need the translations to be completed first
Chad Zanmu is still keep winning with her void hax
I'm more interested to whether or not Reimu is losing to Zanmu is legit or not since i saw peoples talked about it
Also story-related as well, why Saki is Seiran final boss? Considering Saki and her big horse brain, she might have interest on her

I'm more interested to whether or not Reimu is losing to Zanmu is legit or not since i saw peoples talked about it
Not sure about that, but Hisami does directly compare Reimu to Zanmu (which is an accomplishment in and of itself given how incredibly gay Hisami is). There's also the fact that Tsukasa legitimately doesn't believe it's possible to kill Reimu lol

Also story-related as well, why Saki is Seiran final boss? Considering Saki and her big horse brain, she might have interest on her
She fights Enoko over the gem on her necklace resembling one from the Lunar Capital (which is technically accurate), but it's trapped so it teleports her directly to Hell, where Saki is.

Not sure about that, but Hisami does directly compare Reimu to Zanmu (which is an accomplishment in and of itself given how incredibly gay Hisami is). There's also the fact that Tsukasa legitimately doesn't believe it's possible to kill Reimu lol
Yeah i feel this one need a translations completed as well
She fights Enoko over the gem on her necklace resembling one from the Lunar Capital (which is technically accurate), but it's trapped so it teleports her directly to Hell, where Saki is.
Oh, that's why
Would be funny if Saki asked Seiran to join her force tho lel

I feel like TH19 is likely the climax and the end of Animals Realm Saga, compared to the post-ULIL entries atmosphere and melodies which are more savage and hype (with TH18 was more of "calm before storm"), TH19 is.....way more melancholic and sad for some reason considering the background the reason why this incident happened in first place

Maybe TH19.5 or even 20 will be about the epilouge where we're going to stop the 4th/last animals realm patriach/leader for taking every leftover that has been happened ever since WBaWC to UDoALG for their own purpose/plot, but who know
As for now, Animals Realm Saga is one of the best Saga for me right after the EOSD to POFV Saga

Making a somewhat important announcement here. Work on the Touhou revisions are starting to stall slightly, partly due to my own laziness, but there's another factor that it just as if not even more at fault - Translations. Across my research, I've discovered hundreds of streams, blog posts, author statements, advertisements, columns, and so on that, if made more easily accessible, would be tremendously helpful in making these revisions as thorough and accurate as possible (or just for the sake of making more Touhou information public in the west). To this end, I've made a server extending beyond the original GC we used for research; Given the incredibly large amounts of work needed to make everything come together, I'm asking for more people to join in the hopes that we can speed up this - as it stands now - overwhelmingly huge task. This can include anything from tracking down manga raws, scans of Comp Ace or Comptiq magazines, archiving old streams, transcribing currently available streams, or just simply finding anything nobody here knew existed. And, of course, you could just contribute to the ongoing research effort for everything that isn't borderline lost media. So, if anyone is even remotely interested in helping out, please don't hesitate to ask. Alternatively, if you know someone who would be interested, let me know and I'll gladly invite them as well (y'know, so long as they actually want to join).

Also to be clear, there's a sort of ban list in effect of people we don't want for various reasons, so if you aren't invited then please meditate on what you did before exiting society to become a mountain hermit.
copium begging over, back to the research grind i go

Becoming a Hermit sounds fun. They don't pay taxes and they're literally Kasen Ibaraki.

That being said, I wish y'all luck with that server thing. It sounds like it would benefit the general Touhou community by a lot. :p

I was talking to some people at Ficción sin límites wiki's Discord server and apparently some of them think Reimu is the strongest non-omnipotent character they have. Beating The thought robot, The Beyonder (Pre-Retcon) and many others.

Though they gave me different answers. Some said the strongest non-omnipotent character of their wiki was Demiurge, others said it was The Baker from Cookie Clicker (I couldn't tell if he was joking or not) and they might have said other characters but I forgot them ;p

Touhou being their strongest non-omnipotent verse is crazy and funny.

Read more about TH19 and man........there's a lot of pairing and subtext all over the place i love it, beside the canon Zanmu x Hisami, Zanmu x Reimu is a thing since our swag chad lord is also #1 Reimu fan apperently lel, imagine getting beaten up by your own fangirl, Reimu

My favorite is Ran x Yuuma since they knew each other way in the past as Ran, before became Yukari shikigami, live on animal realm
So basically, the event of TH17.5 could ended sooner if Okina could ask Yukari to borrow Ran to solved the incident

Read more about TH19 and man........there's a lot of pairing and subtext all over the place i love it, beside the canon Zanmu x Hisami, Zanmu x Reimu is a thing since our swag chad lord is also #1 Reimu fan apperently lel, imagine getting beaten up by your own fangirl, Reimu

My favorite is Ran x Yuuma since they knew each other way in the past as Ran, before became Yukari shikigami, live on animal realm
So basically, the event of TH17.5 could ended sooner if Okina could ask Yukari to borrow Ran to solved the incident
Touhou fans continuing the tradition of shipping characters just because they had a few seconds of nice interaction :v

Jokes aside, I have seen the Sanae x Son Giten ship all over my X dot com feed and it seems to be a really nice one, it has a nice dynamic.
Though I should mention that I haven't seen most of the translated text from Touhou 19. I've been playing the game untranslated.

and headcanoing what the Japanese text means and what the characters are saying. That's how I came to the conclusion that Maribel time travelled :v

All themes in Touhou eventually reach a critical mass where ZUN stops being subtle (eg; AFiEU). 19 is where this happens with lesbianism, I think.

Just an overwhelming sense of "what the fvck do I have to do to convince you these women are dykes" emanating from Hisami's design, it's impressive.

All themes in Touhou eventually reach a critical mass where ZUN stops being subtle (eg; AFiEU). 19 is where this happens with lesbianism, I think.

Just an overwhelming sense of "what the fvck do I have to do to convince you these women are dykes" emanating from Hisami's design, it's impressive.
At the same time, TH19 just dropped some of interesting info and lore as well there and there, like Ran past and Enoko live around Marisa's house in forest of magic
I like the eggplant girl.
In Grape-hou we believe
Okay that sound wrong lmao

Everyone knows that Touhou's translation will be slow.

Just relax a bit, my experience of translating 10 chapters of a chinese novel took me 5 days lol.

Cool video. That person always makes banger animations.

That reminds me, I used to hate ZUN's old art style until I saw people make animations in the old art style of ZUN. Something clicked with me. It made me appreciate the charm of his art style.

Ah, it's been a while since I've actually talked about the progress I've been making on the research, huh? Having done a couple of calcs, gods can now get type 3 large size and class P lifting strength via their shapeshifting. Although it's not as important, Fragment of Phantasy has given me a really interesting feat of a celestial sustaining the light of a star for a year, which ended up at the low end of large planet level (I still gotta calc Sanae's luminosity feat though). Speaking of Fragment of Phantasy, I'm probably gonna be treating it as canon after getting a few second opinions off-site, which is great because it actually contains a lot of interesting things. For instance, Buddhist mantras are a common ability among Japanese religious sects, so most characters would get fire manipulation, age manipulation, as well as whatever "causing tangible effects by reciting the truth of the universe" counts as. Non-native gods have very good power null, as they can suppress native gods and strip them of their divinity entirely, vampires can use blood as a source of faith, and it's implied that regular humans are capable of absorbing a youkai's powers.

Maybe I'll do this once every few weeks or so so yall don't think I've up and abandoned this project lol, but mostly I just like talking about whatever I find that's interesting or notable.

Continued my read on TH19 story, and here i thought that Reimu got the worst luck (beaten up by her no. 1 fangirl who is also a chad alongside forced to stay at her shrine for the rest of the game), Yachie became literally a punching bag all over the place in this game

I have waited this moment for so long after what she done on WBAWC, well freaking deserve lmfao

With some assistance from @Shiroiyo (thanks again btw), I'm very happy to say that main canon Touhou research (the games, print works, manga, and SCoOW) is about 90% done (at about 59k words). With that in mind, I've started organizing everything so that when the time comes to write CRTs and rewrite profiles, everything will go as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

...Of course, this still leaves me with the obvious issue of the untranslated works. ZUN's old streams are still mostly lost, and it's been difficult tracking down interviews not on the wiki. ZUN's blogs are easily accessible, but wholly untranslated, so if anyone knows of any translators willing to help with this (minus HakanaiBlue, he's already translated a fair bit of content for me when he's not busy with other projects), please get me in touch with them.

Finally, I'd like to emphasize that if anybody here happens to own any volume of SCoOW, please DM me since some important articles from those magazines were never indexed anywhere. That's all for now, and I'll be trying to cover Genso Narratograph when that comes out on the 20th (my take is that it's fine to use as secondary canon so long as it doesn't contradict anything). Even if it's unusable I'll still be getting my hands on a Touhou TTRPG and that rules lmao

Got a whole lot of dosh recently, so I'll try to help out with indexing the written works since it turns out they're pretty cheap here. Has nobody managed to find that missing WaHH episode yet?

Back