• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator Intelligence/Stamina upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Dom470

He/Him
Intelligence:

Samurai's able to deflect potions without breaking them and deflecting things like musket bullets

Boxers successfully beating units far stronger through superior skill alone and again, Can oneshot samurai before they can even react, Can overwhelm painters who can dodge tank rounds and the Fencer who can do the same thing, Gave a decent fight to the pirate queen who is Far stronger than the boxer.

The Teacher is able to outskill and deflect attacks from Samurai

Minotaur can beat the knight who can compete against monks and groups of samurai

With all these feats i think its fair to say that the tabs verse should be at least Above Average combat Intelligence.

Stamina:

This is gonna be alot simpler but most of the tabs profiles put the stamina as average (With a couple exceptions) which is just bs. Every single unit is able to continuously fight despite the damage done to them so i'd say the entire verse should have superhuman stamina at least.

Fully Agree: Marvel_Champion_07, JustANormalLemon, koopa3144, Greatsage13th, AThe1412, Serlock_Holmes,

Lonkitt, LephyrTheRevanchist

Somewhat Agree:

Somewhat Disagree:

Fully Disagree:

Last edited:
Ngl I feel like these feats moreso fix an above average combat Intelligence. Gifted combat Intelligence level stuff is like being able to predict foes and quickly analyze their fighting style analytically. There should also be some kind of Intelligence scaling chain along the lines of: Units that get beat by Samurai (below average) > Samurai (above average) > Units that can beat hordes of Samurai (At least above average) this is just a rough draft but you can get the jist of it. I agree with the stamina stuff tho.

Ngl I feel like these feats moreso fix an above average combat Intelligence. Gifted combat Intelligence level stuff is like being able to predict foes and quickly analyze their fighting style analytically. There should also be some kind of Intelligence scaling chain along the lines of: Units that get beat by Samurai (below average) > Samurai (above average) > Units that can beat hordes of Samurai (At least above average) this is just a rough draft but you can get the jist of it. I agree with the stamina stuff tho.
Samurai are fodder so they get beat by most units pretty easily. But the fact that we already scale them to real world samurai and they can deflect bullets as an additional feat seems fair for a gifted rating i mean i can't see even the most proficient fights in the real world deflecting even an arrow. Especially with the implications for other units in tabs lore which says the unit Blackbeard is "One of the strongest pirate captains" and "One of the most fearsome warriors in tabs". But yes obviously I agree that there should be an scaling for intelligence.

Samurai are fodder so they get beat by most units pretty easily.
Most but not all. iirc Units like Cubbers, Halflings, Skeleton Warriors, Peasants, etc can get easily beaten by Samurai.
But the fact that we already scale them to real world samurai and they can deflect bullets as an additional feat seems fair for a gifted rating i mean i can't see even the most proficient fights in the real world deflecting even an arrow.
Do we scale Units to their real-world counterparts cause I don't think we should If their no official statements comparing TABS units like samurai to their irl counterparts, and just because they share a name doesn't mean they are automatically comparable.
Especially with the implications for other units in tabs lore which says the unit Blackbeard is "One of the strongest pirate captains" and "One of the most fearsome warriors in tabs".
I think those statements are worth an "at least Above Average" rating cause while they are good statements we don't have any other pirate captains to compare Blackbeard to expect maybe the Pirate Queen.

Do we scale Units to their real-world counterparts cause I don't think we should If their no official statements comparing TABS units like samurai to their irl counterparts, and just because they share a name doesn't mean they are automatically comparable.
Thought I remembered it being stated on their profile but nvm I misremembered.
I think those statements are worth an "at least Above Average" rating cause while they are good statements we don't have any other pirate captains to compare Blackbeard to expect maybe the Pirate Queen.
Fair enough but the pirate queen is pretty skilled: she’s agile enough to through herself into the air to avoid her bombs (which on its own seems to display some degree of tactical thinking), she’s also one of the few units capable of deflecting melee attacks.

Thought I remembered it being stated on their profile but nvm I misremembered.

Fair enough but the pirate queen is pretty skilled: she’s agile enough to through herself into the air to avoid her bombs (which on its own seems to display some degree of tactical thinking), she’s also one of the few units capable of deflecting melee attacks.
Not to mention she is one of the only unities who use kicks in combat

And I agree, TABS scale to real life counterparts for beingh a society with clear evolution that follows closely to the real world and even from back the tribal faction they could fight and taim veloceraptors and martial arts beingh a thing that exist in TABS (takewondo) so saying that they evolved in combat similarly to the real world (just deciding to not have any tatical thinking or desire to dodge)

And saying they don't have somewhat of adptation for combat and reaction for their oponents is quite erong with for exemple all unities that use kicks can not only do standard front kicks but also trow their entire body behind to kick a oponent behind them for exemple, Fancers dance around their oponents using their long swords to deflect meele atacks and dodge them, Teachers straight up parry other uses of bladed weapons (and clubs too) in combat, same with pirate queen and captain, mace spiners having their own combat thecnic too or the fact even if forced to constantly spin (bug dlc who) spear trowers and some other ranged unities can still land shoots into their targets without much effort, knight use their huge shields to bash oponents and not only as defense, berserker clearly have their own combat style too seeing that they keep doing smaller jumps after aprochig to rapidly strike their oponents, jarls use both sides of their exes during combat too, and let's not forget all troops with horse back combat as well(or velocerapitor back combat lol)

Every troop has some expertise on their weapons and combat style even atacking oponents behind then selfs if they want too without looking

The impression of bad combat comes from the fact they just don't estrategise only walking into their oponents direction and (most of them) not even tring to dodge atack, but that is just a weakness, not a ant feat as neitheir directly goes against the idea of having gifeted combat skill

I agree with all, especially sinse the wobblers can fight for hours non stop(better seen if you turn on no one takes damage, and is not game mechanics sinse wobbler can in fact pass out and just don't get up if there is no outside influence)

I think the best exemple of skill in TABS is Lady Red jade or Shougun

And I agree, TABS scale to real life counterparts for beingh a society with clear evolution that follows closely to the real world and even from back the tribal faction they could fight and taim veloceraptors and martial arts beingh a thing that exist in TABS (takewondo) so saying that they evolved in combat similarly to the real world (just deciding to not have any tatical thinking or desire to dodge)
Eh, wouldn't call what Taekwondo units do "martial arts". They kind of just kick opponents really hard with no other technique.
And saying they don't have somewhat of adptation for combat and reaction for their oponents is quite erong with for exemple all unities that use kicks can not only do standard front kicks but also trow their entire body behind to kick a oponent behind them for exemple, Fancers dance around their oponents using their long swords to deflect meele atacks and dodge them, Teachers straight up parry other uses of bladed weapons (and clubs too) in combat, same with pirate queen and captain, mace spiners having their own combat thecnic too or the fact even if forced to constantly spin (bug dlc who) spear trowers and some other ranged unities can still land shoots into their targets without much effort, knight use their huge shields to bash oponents and not only as defense, berserker clearly have their own combat style too seeing that they keep doing smaller jumps after aprochig to rapidly strike their oponents, jarls use both sides of their exes during combat too, and let's not forget all troops with horse back combat as well(or velocerapitor back combat lol)
While impressive I personally don't think that's enough to justify a Gifted rating. Gifted combat Intelligence is stuff like training and fighting for years and being able to come up with quick creative solutions on the fly. Good examples of this are Guts and Hank J. Wimbleton.
The impression of bad combat comes from the fact they just don't estrategise only walking into their oponents direction and (most of them) not even tring to dodge atack, but that is just a weakness, not a ant feat as neitheir directly goes against the idea of having gifeted combat skill
Imo they aren't unskilled I just don't think they get to a Gifted combat Intelligence rating.

Eh, wouldn't call what Taekwondo units do "martial arts". They kind of just kick opponents really hard with no other technique
You can't reallt say something called "takewondo" don't knoe takewondo lol

While impressive I personally don't think that's enough to justify a Gifted rating. Gifted combat Intelligence is stuff like training and fighting for years and being able to come up with quick creative solutions on the fly. Good examples of this are Guts and Hank J. Wimbleton.
Again, this is the "weird space" TABS unities fall into. They just choose to not as seen with wobbler like painters and quickdraws who are the only ones who actually dodge projectiles or Jesters and fencers who dodge meele atacks

Talking about jesters, they have knifes hiden on thwir shoes for their kick atacks, ballon archers use extremely unconventional weaponary to incapacitate oponents, Pirate queen uses her bombs out of nowhere in combat

Let's talk about fencer a bit more, they literaly do fight by outsmarting the oponent comonly counter atacking after deflecting/dodging their oponents atack, same with the liked of boxer

How about shadow stalkers who use thwir teleportation hability to go to the furtdesth away troop of the enemy army to atack It where It's most likely the weakest (as It's normaly where the ranged troops are located as well the contruction troops like balistas and catapults who have naturaly harder time moving)

And gow about we talk about capaings? Where in some battles we have somewhat of strategic thinking of the oponents eith hayballes and halflings hiding in the map, hayballes vamufladging them selfs and halflings hiding on the weat fields so the player/Elder Gods don't prepare their defenses for thouse surprise atacks

Or the one battle where a bunch of squires attack You from behind from hiding in the forest of medieval 1 (I think was that one) or the one where tribal troops hide on the trees all over the map? They may be on the lower half of genius combat inteligence but I would still say they deserve the spot there from just how much things they all scale skillwise

Again, this is the "weird space" TABS unities fall into. They just choose to not as seen with wobbler like painters and quickdraws who are the only ones who actually dodge projectiles or Jesters and fencers who dodge meele atacks
I think its moreso that other units don't have the capabilities or foresight to dodge cause if you can avoid attacks why would you choose not too?
Let's talk about fencer a bit more, they literaly do fight by outsmarting the oponent comonly counter atacking after deflecting/dodging their oponents atack, same with the liked of boxer
While an impressive showing, as said before I think its more worth an above average rating.
How about shadow stalkers who use thwir teleportation hability to go to the furtdesth away troop of the enemy army to atack It where It's most likely the weakest (as It's normaly where the ranged troops are located as well the contruction troops like balistas and catapults who have naturaly harder time moving)
shadow stalkers are weird because their teleportation doesn't always put them in best spot and they can also just fall off the map when they TP cause their opponent is near a edge.

I think its moreso that other units don't have the capabilities or foresight to dodge cause if you can avoid attacks why would you choose not too?
Beacuse they ate wobblers and only have the most basic tatical thinking, just that

While an impressive showing, as said before I think its more worth an above average rating.
Humm... okay

shadow stalkers are weird because their teleportation doesn't always put them in best spot and they can also just fall off the map when they TP cause their opponent is near a edge.
The concept is what matters

So... I guess just give units with abilities like dodging and deflecting higher combat intelligence? It makes sense that a caveman (Clubber) can't dodge while a trained athlete (Jester) can.

I still would say It's too consistent for the verse for not be just a intentional choice, especially sinse samurais who can deflect bullets also choose to not dodge meele atacks and who dodge meele atacks don't dodge ranged ones

The only problem is that landfall declered "we can't confirm or deny if It's cannon or not" when I asked them on twitter about the trailer(I deleted my twitter account so unfortunetly I also can't give the link to It)

Also, thinking a bit, TABG and TABZ are part of TABS verse, so shouldn't thouse games be considered for TABS verse skill?
I don't think they would because iirc we do not have evidence that the characters in those games are comparable to TABS units.

Last edited:
I just edited my post I meant to say "we do not have evidence that the characters in those games are comparable to TABS units."
They are all wobbler, same societie and everything(reinforced by the TABG weapons also existing on TABS and zombies from TABZ existing on TBAG)

They are all wobbler, same societie and everything(reinforced by the TABG weapons also existing on TABS and zombies from TABZ existing on TBAG)
Just because they're the same species doesn't mean they're automatically comparable. Just because one human has a black belt in karate doesn't mean all humans are automatically comparable just because they're the same species.

Also... don't normal TABS troops can defeat casually another troop if they are possesed by the elder gods if not carefull? Like a possed troop can kill at least 2 of the same troop (unpossesed)(there is a entire level on TABS about that concept) but some wil stil will outskill the elder gods possed troop.... You know what? I'm starting to ramble no sense, I will be back later when I'm making more sense

Just because they're the same species doesn't mean they're automatically comparable. Just because one human has a black belt in karate doesn't mean all humans are automatically comparable just because they're the same species.
Wobbler are diferent trough, we have not seen a "unkilled wobbler" at all, seen to be a lor more consiatent that they all are somehat comparable in skill, especially sinse even a wobbler that fights using a fish or a inflatable commicaly large hammer or a pencil will ahow the same amount of skill against one another (Custom unities weapons)

Also... don't normal TABS troops can defeat casually another troop if they are possesed by the elder gods if not carefull? Like a possed troop can kill at least 2 of the same troop (unpossesed)(there is a entire level on TABS about that concept) but some wil stil will outskill the elder gods possed troop.... You know what? I'm starting to ramble no sense, I will be back later when I'm making more sense
I see what you mean but thats usually via flukes and its more of a skill feat for the players rather than the units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back