• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 Strongest Swordsmen

John985 said:
Orc, for you saying that cutting dimension isnt skill feat, here's a brief exchange of Kojiro and Saber.
It's clear that Kojiro is more skilled than Saber, but that's not what Orc is disagreeing with. He is saying that just because a character is able to do something haxxed, and the verse calls it "skill", then that doesn't make the character automatically more skilled than everyone who can't outside of the verse. Let's say Zero did his Existence Erasure through skill. So does this mean that Zero is automatically more skilled than everyone outside of his verse that can't erase someone from existence through skill? No, that's dumb.

Well I was replying to this

"doesn't actually make it a feat of skill, it means he has space-time/dimensional manipulation."

Kojirou and Juuzou are the only characters I'm really familiar with. And Kojirou have this dimensional refraction skill.

And about Yasou, I do agree with him on that front.

In sword skills that is very clear on the list are.

Kojiro(Fate), Musashi(Baki), Sion Zail, Katanagatari, and SCP-076. I only watch the first ep 1 Rokudai when It was release so got no idea on Ikki.

I think Reinhard van Astrea is out, because he got it via blessing. And any servant that have Eternal Arms Mastership can do the same thing.

Hl3 or bust said:
Unless said 15 y/o kid beat someone with that much experience beforehand, no, no on every account.
If that 15y/o has shown feats far beyond the 1 billion year old dude has shown then yes he greatly surpassess in skill. Skill is not how long you've lived, skill is what you can do in a fight. You can live for way over 500 years and still not be nearly as skilled as a teenager girl who has never significantly trained in her life. Why? Genuis exists. This is fiction you can learn 100 years of experience from a glance like it's no big deal. Every author describes the difference in years differently, some may put a lot of emphasis in years, some may put less. Even verses that are strictly skill based like Baki the grappler, have Middle aged people around the 30's or 40' be more skilled than dudes who are over 115 years old.

Basically it is logical that skill grows with experience in doing the same thing over and over. Fiction works differently experience is useless when a character can look at a stance and be able to extrapolate and master the whole martial art from that alone. Experience=/=Skill More experience = More skill normally in real life Fiftion=No

Killer Bee should be in here somewhere, the ability to use 8 swords like the extention of your body is extremely good. Also when we make pages for them samurai 8 characters could be in here too.

Using 8 swords at the same time versus someone who is an expert with one sword and outpacing their pseudo precog is indeed impressive. Also I don't see how using 8 speeds at the same time just on its own is not impressive lmao.

Well because it's just that his sword style focuses on using 8 swords. But he doesn't really do anything all that impressive with all 8. Whenever he's using all 8 he just spins around and stuff, most of the good stuff he does by using swords 2 at a time by letting some get blocked some hit etc. It's a good skill feat i guess, but nothing too crazy.

I like the one where after Byakuya, Erza's like "That's cute girls", then Gilgamesh saying "Erza go back into the kitchen and make me a sandwich". xD

I mean, I will say this again;

"This list is not for the most skilled swordsman."

There can be another list for that. This is, "Who is the most effective swordmen in battle, only using sword skills."

That's "without hax" m8. He became the platonic concept of sword because he has that 1-A desire stuff. This is strictly about "the most effective swordsman that trained to get there".

YungManzi said:
I mean, I will say this again;
"This list is not for the most skilled swordsman."

There can be another list for that. This is, "Who is the most effective swordmen in battle, only using sword skills."
If that's the case is it really safe to remove stuff that's not related to sword but still helps? Things like precog, info anaylsis etc as long as they are strictly skill?

@Earl

Precog and info analysis is actually allowed, as long as it's via intelligence/skill and not a supernatural ability.

Firephoenixearl said:
That's "without hax" m8. He became the platonic concept of sword because he has that 1-A desire stuff. This is strictly about "the most effective swordsman that trained to get there".
Yung never said that tho

Genericstickman said:
Genericstickman said:
Genericstickman said:
Genericstickman said:
I'm shocked nobodies mentioned Gilgamesh yet since he's skilled with multiple types of weapons and swords and has also fought against multiple skilled warriors from different universes
He's also commonly fights multiple characters at the same time
Curious on where you guys think he should go

YungManzi said:
@Earl
Precog and info analysis is actually allowed, as long as it's via intelligence/skill and not a supernatural ability.
Oh so it's basically. All these guys with all outside (non skill based hax and resistances) stuff negated, with all stat equal who wins right?

This is a lot more fun then.

PsychoWarper said:
No anything that isnt skill based and from sword skill is negated.
Non skill based yes, but they do still keep stuff that isn't necessarily sword skill though (it's just that they have to fight with swords).

No you dont, the OP legit says "Also, all abilities unrelated to sword skills are not accounted for" that doesnt say skill it says sword skills, so if you have skill abilities that arnt from you skill with a sword its out.

Then i guess the list needs to be redone. It actually possible to beat Khorne now as it's not purely sword skill vs sword skill anymore. Characters like Juuzou are definitely above khorne now, no matter how skilled khorne is with a sword, with the concept slicing Juuzou just destroys as nothing in warhammer skill wise can deal with skill on literally hax levels.

This just became a ton more interesting now.

I mean ok your point? thats hundreds of quadllions (This is a lowball) of different fighters across billions to trillions if not more years

Also this means Khorne knows and understands how to fight beings that can **** up concepts since while it may not be done by skill but that ability definetly exists in 40k and people know how to beat those characters.

PsychoWarper said:
I mean ok your point? thats hundreds of quadllions (This is a lowball) of different fighters across billions to trillions if not more years
Yes that just means skill. I mean Khorne is more skilled, but can khrone via skill alone counter something that is essentially hax?

PsychoWarper said:
Yes by dodging concept clash via superior skill and then stabbing.
It's gonna be hard especially without knowledge, in an all stat equal it's really hard to dodge a sword because laws of physics and such make the sword swing at much higher speeds than the arm swinging it. It would be far more logical to block an attack like that...which means insta death.

I feel like "cutting concepts via skill" isn't really a viable argument??

Like that's just how his verse works?? His verse allows him to cut concepts because he's skilled. Warhammer doesn't have that sorta fuckery to my knowledge so I don't think that's a worthy comparison. Different types of fiction have different limitations.

Updated the OP a bit to make things more clear.

Also, if Khorn really does transcend skill, he gets booted.

Edit:

Not sure where to put Juuzou, so I left him off for now.

It's not about skill at this point. As in we're not trying to measure how skilled Juuzou is. We're just trying to use things he uses with skill to fight. And to fight that concept cutting is definitely something devastating.

YungManzi said:
Also, if Khorn really does transcend skill, he gets booted.
Khorne doesn't transcend itself

How would Khorne transcend skill? He basically is skill within 40k.

Also CH shouldnt be on this list, there are so so many fictional fighters that have surpassed anything any human could do its not even funny.

Igno1
Igno2
Igno3
Igno7
Someone even tried to block his attack.
The only way to block it is creating spatial tear. But you need to constantly severe the space.

WeeklyBattles said:
What does katanagatri have that puts them above sidious?
Most sword users in katanagatari aren't all that impressive really, with the exception of Sabi Hakuhei since he's a top tier. He's pretty good though, definitely above sidius from what i've heard sidius can do.

Back