• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Ghoul:re Discussion Thread 1

1) To be fair, he was getting his ass handed to him. The only real bullshit I saw in that fight was Yomo's mid-air backflip thing to get above Uta. Once Uta was leaping through the air through, he couldn't actually dodge, as his trajectory was set, so I don't see him not dodging that attack as PIS.

3) Eh, not exactly incorrect, but a little... exaggerated. Quinques and Kagune are more like the only things strong/sharp enough to penetrate a ghoul's skin and still be used as a personal weapon. If you dropped a large bomb on a ghoul, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't tank it because "only quinques/Kagune can harm a ghoul". Hell, tank weaponry was damaging the dragon.

Another Yomo (ghoul with enhanced strength) kicking Uta into a big thick metal pole and impaling him on it through sheer force doesn't really break any rules.

Some things I'm interested in:

• The thing about "only Kagunes/things made from Kagunes can damage ghouls" seems to be more legit than I originally thought, as it doesn't seem to be as much of a matter of "kagunes/quinques can take the force" as I originally though. I'm thinking that Kagunes/Quinques might ignore durability to a degree, as investigators who are explicitly just peak humans are capable of doing things like cutting through blocks of steel and concrete with ease
  • The lightning from Arima's Narukami, Touka and Yomo is more legitimate electricity than I originally thought, though it is up for debate. I am of the opinion that it is actual electricity, and I'll present arguments on it later, but for now I'd like to here other people's thoughts.

Also I think some humans maybe 9-B since in the latest re episode a ccg guy snaps that fat clown ghoul's neck.

Huh. Is that the official translation? Because in the version I was reading he said it was "900,000 yen per ton", not "900,000 tons".

Also, I'm still not sure how to treat investigators with quinques. They almost seem to ignore durability to a degree.

-BANLK- said:
Also I think some humans maybe 9-B since in the latest re episode a ccg guy snaps that fat clown ghoul's neck.
Some (very rare) humans are stated to have physical strength on par with a ghoul's. But it definitely doesn't apply to all investigators, even among them Kuriowa is special

Ok, soon I'm going to be posting stage 1 of the changes.

Also, if any of you have offiicial translations, it would be great to compare them to the translations I currently have. I think mine were pretty close, but I'd like to see any alternative translations of scenes. So keep that on mind when you take a look.

13 hours later no one has commented on the revision thread.

Do y'all want 9-A ghouls with regen negation or not!

Anyone reckon we could get speed calcs from Hina's kagune movements?

She swings them around pretty fast when she blocks Owl's projectiles.

Or Urie, who swings his Kagune blade fast enough to do 4 slices that appear simultaneous in less than a second (checked with timestamps)

So I did another calc (involving a lot of estimates rather than pixel scaling or anything)

But it had Saiko's ground pound feat come out as 2.885 x 10^9 joules. Which is a little bit into building level.

So that's cool I guess.

Still want it done by an actual calc group member though.

I don't know if there's symbolism, or if Kaneki's new Kagune is just meant to be badass, but I love it.

And Furuta has a Kakuja. Of course he does.

We need a new tab for current Kaneki since he is not 8-A anymore. Also what are the justification for 8-B tier?

Compactor feat

It's wank

I'm preparing a revision thread.

I'll add a post-dragon key once the other stuff is done.

Back