• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Ghoul:re Discussion Thread 1

Well then,don't downgrade it fully until the calc for Eto Eto break the compactor is completed and agreed by majority.

At least that Kaneki vs Miyabis is really cool,unlike Haruka vs Arima who is wanking Arima bullshitty to hell,that wanker is the worst. -_-

Hmmm.....i can see it as regen negation but eh,we need an real feat for that.

I'm just putting up my thoughts and findings on the discussion thread.

This is a discussion thread, not a content revision thread. I'm going through TG looking for things right now, but I'm not making a CRT yet

I don't suppose anyone with a twitter account and less inhibitions than I wants to check out Ishida's twitter account and ask him how much stronger than regular steel quinque steel is?

Also, I forgot this little tidbit, but Mutsuki has the RC supressent drug in her knives, so she power nulls ghouls she cuts.

It's just a pity that verse equalisation doesn't stretch that far...

Anyone remember what Itori has been up to? She's a member of the clowns, but I don't remember her showing up since the end of the original series.

Atom bombs

Nah, he's off living life like a ghoul

Or something

Feels like Dragon might have changed some things

Spoilers

That's No-Face, AKA Uta

If anyone makes his profile before I do, I will delete that profile, ban them, and make it myself ovo

Anyway, working on a revision.

> realises I need to reread the original series as well

Awww but the art is so bad in comparison...

> Realises I read through 130 chapters in like, 2 days

I'm sure I can make it through the original as well

Pretty good. Some say it is not that redeeming but I think different. Also I want to see Seidou on TV. He is one of if not my fav character in the manga.

"what do you think destroys people and civilisations?"

"Atom bombs"

I'm definitely enjoying it a lot so far, but there's been a few things that annoyed me, mainly because it would have been so simple to slip it in, and are cool/important.

Ep 1

• Reveal of Mutsuki's bound chest and scars. Seriously, a single shot, with an overlay of "oh, so you're a girl" or whatever the line is in the manga.
Ep 2

• Haise not having a hole in his stomach regenerating when he stands up for round 2 with serpent. They had the actually shot right there, they just didn't put the hole in his stomach. Which is weird considering how the first season didn't skimp on the gore.
  • Haise not having his hand on his chin when he says he's happy there. Again, they had the shot, they just didn't have his hand on his chin.
Apart from that though, I'm enjoying it.

Holy shit

Yomo just pulverised/vapourized a metal pole and Uta's Kakuja with a ginormous lightning bolt.

REQUIRES CALCS

So I don't know if these english lyrics of the opening are actually acurate translations...

But everything from 27 seconds onwards is pretty much describing the Clowns's motivations and worldviews.

I thought that was pretty cool

ÒÇîEnglish CoverÒÇìTokyo Ghoul Re OP AsphyxiaÒÇÉKelly MahoneyÒÇæ- Studio Yuraki
ÒÇîEnglish CoverÒÇìTokyo Ghoul Re OP "Asphyxia"ÒÇÉKelly MahoneyÒÇæ- Studio Yuraki

AP feats

• Uta hits Yomo into a building and fragment/violently fragments a large portion of it.
  • Yomo smacks Uta with a lightning bolt that disintegrates his Kakuja and a large metal pole.
Other feats

• Yomo does backflips in midair and somehow halts his momentum (like wtf, how'd he do that???)
  • Yomo may have a Kakuja (he seemed to have a Kakuja face covering in the panel just before he zaps Uta)

Yes, it is. Where not to look, the 170 chapter has received a sea of angry reviews. Probably because Ishida ruined such a mysterious and charismatic antagonist as Uta? Is it possible that fandom just too much under it? In any case, it was worth it to open and what? Another obsessed nihilist just as Roma, serving as a stage for Yomo (minor characher) in the plot. A barrage of negative comments was directed to the fact that Ishida simply does not abide by the rules of his universe (the moment with Uta in kakuja was implanted on the stake). Also, many outrageded the irrational reactive revelation of force on the part of Yomo.

"Mysterious and charismatic"

Mysterious things having their mysteries revealed is something I have no problem with, and I quite enjoyed Uta's little monologue (that was 169, not 170, but still)

Charismatic...? He was vaguely hot to a certain genre of people, aaaannddd... what else?

The clowns are nihilists, that's their thing, so people complaining about that doesn't makes sense to me.

The rules of his universe? How were any rules broken, Yomo kicked him so hard he was impaled on a pole. What rules did that break?

What's this irrational reactive revelation of force?

> What's this irrational reactive revelation of force?

1) This is the way i call it. Defeat of Kakuja-Uta is puzzling. How is this possible at all? This is beyond normal circumstances. Uta effortlessly evaded Juuzou's strikes, heir to the God of Death, harshly trolled Hirako and Mutsuki. Yomo not that strong.

I'm sure that many will agree that Renji's power-up victory on Kakuja-Uta - pure water WIS.

>The clowns are nihilists, that's their thing, so people complaining about that doesn't makes sense to me.

2) The problem is that they are poorly spelled out as characters, i guess. Occur rarely and only to die. Nihilist's theme pretty cliche for Tokyo Ghoul though. Hype around Uta died pretty quickly, although many assumed that he had something to do with Nagaraja and was wracking his intrigues behind the scenes. Now such an outcome is hardly possible.

> The rules of his universe? How were any rules broken, Yomo kicked him so hard he was impaled on a pole. What rules did that break?

3) Kakuja cant be damaged by anything but quinque and kagune? Or i incorrect? Anyway, with what force Renji kicked him?

Back