• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toho Kaiju reduxed profiles: SpaceGodzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to start updating Toho Kaiju profiles for two reasons:

• A lot of them are quite poor, and consist in multiple reincarnations of a single kaiju cluttered in one single profile with few pieces of information: such is the case for profiles like Roda, King Ghidorah, Mothra, etcetera, you know the deal.
  • Some of them are unnecessarily locked: Ok, I understand that in the past those profiles were greatly exaggerated in terms of stats, but the days of Godzilla wank are long over, and locking isn't the right solution, as what you end up doing is simply make helping with taking care of those profiles, adding and removing matches much more difficult, thus simply supporting the verse harder. Yes, I do agree that more controversial profiles like Godzilla (Composite) and King Ghidorah (Composite) need to remain locked, but other kaiju with a one-time appearance need no such treatment.
Getting back on track, I reduxed SpaceGodzilla's profile, in this blog:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DMB_1/Toho_Kaiju_profiles_reduxed:_SpaceGodzilla

I added some abilities (the justification of which can be found in the blog itself), gave it a better structure, and made it better overall.

Feel free to point out whether you have problems or not with the Reduxed profile.

In his game version page, I noticed his speed justification said "(Capable of keep the day with Jet Jaguar whos attacks are Mach 3.5 speed)" which doesn't have a source and "keep the day" is a mad typo.

outside of that everything looks great

I am kind of inclined on outright deleting his G: TG version as I have a few issues with it. I would be fine with an Atari SpaceGodzilla page though.

But that's a story for another day.

DMB 1 said:
I am kind of inclined on outright deleting his G: TG version as I have a few issues with it. I would be fine with an Atari SpaceGodzilla page though.
But that's a story for another day.
Well that profile can be used to create a Godzilla:TG porfile someday.

Because the profile is inaccurate, but I'll take care of it another time.

What's your opinion on the blog itself?

While I could go on and on about why movie SpaceGodzilla should be large star level, I know that'll never happen on this wiki, but I digress: the newer profile is a much better explanation of the character and has far better analysis. Excellent job.

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

We locked the pages due to the overenthusiastic fans constantly adding unreliable information.

1) This is not the case anymore for Godzilla, as it's been years since I've seen wanks of massive proportions like the ones that some people tend to bring up.

2) The active supporters of the verse aren't many, and the ones that are present always try to convince others via making blogs and CRTs rather than just rushing to edit profiles like many of the old ones, even if their proposed changes turn out to be wrong.

3) Staff members like Weekly always seem to keep what's going on in check. which is something that I'm also trying to do, as a knowledgeable member of the verse and based on my current knowledge of the Tiering System and some feats.

4) The supposed wank is centered mainly around some version of Godzilla (ESPECIALLY the Composite Versio of the characters, which I agree should remain locked). The maximum of highball I've seen people giving to other Kaiju, like SpaceGodzilla, is 4-B at the very most.

5) Keeping so many profiles locked makes taking care of them a lot harder, even when adding/removing matches, and because of this, they appear to be old and poor VSB Wikia profiles that haven't been touched in a while. And Godzilla is far from being something as popular and/or controversial in Vs. Debates like Dragon Ball and Marvel/DC Comics, for example.

If things get worse and don't go as I imagine, I would be fine to lock the profiles again, however since I think we've got out of the "Dark Age", I would like to give it a shot (of course, any upgrades, downgrades or changes to those profiles would need a CRT like this one, unless they are incredibly minor).

Anyways, is it fine to update the SpaceGodzilla profile since everyone seems to agree?

Well, it would be preferable if you ask a few more staff members for input first.

The question is whether or not they are uncontroversial. The Godzilla pages were locked due to the fans constantly adding extremely unreliable information, so Weekly finally had to revise them to turn at least somewhat reliable.

So which of the Godzilla character pages would need to be unlocked then?

Take note that you have to write a list of the exact page titles if my automated script should be able to handle it.

A complete list would be necessary.

However, again, in the past the Godzilla profiles have been swarmed with very suspicious edits from overzealous fans, which both significantly increases my workload to keep track of, and decreases their reliability.

I think that the Godzilla dans would still keep making unreliable additions and changes without content revision threads, as some of the ones who did this are still here in the wiki, at least as far as I remember.

I have noticed this year has been quiet, there wasn't problems with the Godzilla profiles that are opened to edits, Ex. Godzilla Earth

have been open to edits since long time and I have not heared about any trouble caused by this.

But Godzilla Filius is closed? something serious happened to keep it closed knowing he was a minor character in comparison to Earth?

Also the Zeus profile I made is closed for some reason, while Godzilla (Godzilla: Rage Across Time) is opened.

Can somebody write a complete list of the Godzilla pages that need to be unlocked then?

However, personally I prefer if we handle any changes via requests to temporarily unlock them in content revision threads instead.

Well, I am still extremely uncertain about if unlocking them is a good idea, as it would likely both make the pages considerably more unreliable and significantly increase my workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back