• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 7

and the fact he has IB in dragon form ? i mean he loses most of his weakness this way no more normal means of killing him like gun

XDragnoir said:
The version that could do the explosion (both the 5B and the 6B) is the H6C, but with all the artic ocean already absorbed, actually not even the 6B key was used in the series, since the 1000km explosion and the full absorption of the artic ocean never happened. The current 6B Gabriel is "pure archangel" which i think means that is his true form in heaven, which never appeared in the series if the one Mathers summoned wasn't the true form, but Mathers is still 6B for some reason.
No, the 5-B is after he performs a specific action to power himself up, while the 6-B feat is one it could pull before absorbing the pole (it is part of absorbing the arctic).

So while theoretical in nature the explosion is something Gabriel could do at that point, while the planet thing is something he could only do after doing a ritual that powers him up, i.e. absorb the arctic.

I think pure Archangel is supposed to mean with the elements fixed. Before it was technically some kind of mixture of Gabriel and Michael, not a pure Gabriel. I'm pretty sure it isn't meaning the heaven version which is featless.

StrongClick said:
Them being physical isn't the issue, Telesma is the medium used to sustain an angel in physical world. We know, Mathers summon is not weakened by the distortion or composed of leftover Telsma nor was it stated to be an unstable. It is 100% superior as they are described as merely descending from Heaven without any stated detriment.
"To begin with, he doubted the materials of the physical world would be enough to support the full capacity of an angel created by god." - OT 22

There is a general restriction that a full capacity angel can't really be physically summoned, since their power is too large. It has nothing to do with the elements (which were already fixed), nor Gabriels body at this point. We have no indication that Mathers things scale any more to the 5-B stuff than the WWIII summoning of Gabriel does. I.e. not at all.

The 5B "ritual" can't be done instantly, but is still something he can do in a battle, if you don't kill him fast enough.

And if Pure Archangel isn't Heaven Gabriel, why he is 6B in the first place? There is no reason to him be 6B after Fiamma corrected the elements.

And even if Mathers can't scale, Fiamma scales, and thus every other 5B in the verse.

DontTalkDT said:
"To begin with, he doubted the materials of the physical world would be enough to support the full capacity of an angel created by god." - OT 22

There is a general restriction that a full capacity angel can't really be physically summoned, since their power is too large.
Since when is Telesma a material of the physical world? This is what material means in context.
Because her actions had been obstructed once before, the archangel wished for an increased amount of practical power. The archangel knew well what the material needed for that was. She ruled over water. Russia in winter was covered in snow, but even melting all of that would not be enough. - OT22
The actual snow, ice and water materials of the physical world that are of signifigance to Archangel Gabriel.

DontTalkDT said:
It has nothing to do with the elements (which were already fixed), nor Gabriels body at this point. We have no indication that Mathers things scale any more to the 5-B stuff than the WWIII summoning of Gabriel does. I.e. not at all.
?
An archangel with a body formed from residual Telesma from an incomplete manifestation or

"It is not unusual to see angels before him. Thus, the archangels of fire, water, wind, and earth will naturally descend to guard him!!" One wielded a sword, one carried lily flowers, one protected an adventurer, and one guarded the gates of hell. All of a sudden, there were four of those winged higher beings. - NT21

I agree with click here tbh, as a supplement IIRC summoning was one of the areas Mathers excelled in allowing him to summon and create a contract with Coronzon.

OT: Yea I think the discussion at the time was a KnT profile would be redundant.

So, i think Gabriel needs a 4th key if the 3rd isn't meant to be True Gabriel, or maybe 2nd and 3rd key should be the same key, and true form a new 3rd key.

Redundant or not it's still different , as he has IB and the shell plus the fact he should have more power than touma as touma only has the dregs of it's power while seems KNT got most of it + he lacks touma morality, so he is quite dangerous

So his cut a 8C skin with a random knife? Actually, i think Tuxedo shouldn't be 8C in dura in the first place.

well touma normal is not 8 c for sure

so it is either that or the KnT is weak to piercing damage, or the internal damage made him too weak to defend (after all it's not skin is just supernatural energy)

he should 100% be 8 c he has the same power as dragon shell and some more it was explained multiple time in the novel

anyway im gonna make a ctr for touma shell form and add to make a profile or key for KnT (similar to bettle 05)

That sounds lackluster coming from him. I don't mind him not being able to do the things he's able to do in his revival state, I just want to see how he creatively utilizes the ability to create anything.

Yeah, and maybe more information about the 25.000 energies? Btw, is there any chance Aihana will appear in the DM manga? I don't think he is important enough to GT/Railgun, but he appearing in a new manga for the science side would be a good thing, i think.

XDragnoir said:
Yep, a 9A feat, but still a feat. Sadly, original Kakine isn't as creative with DM as post revival/B05.
Even post revial Kakine isn't all that creative.

Also it looks like the DM manga is only going to be one volume. No confirmation though and it might also depend on sales.

XDragnoir said:
Yep, a 9A feat, but still a feat. Sadly, original Kakine isn't as creative with DM as post revival/B05.
nono it's transmutation not AP DM once again show it's bull shit like gunha powers and are borderline magic

Malox1696 said:
nono it's transmutation not AP DM once again show it's bull shit like gunha powers and are borderline magic
It wasn't transmutation, so stop talking complete BS. It's nothing like magic.

Yeah, Kakine never used transmutation afaik. Also, Post Revival has many more applications to DM than Pre Revival, the only things Pre did was the sunlight and the wings, while Post has DM Clones, absorption, etc.

Back