• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 7

@Malox

No, he can't replicate Accelerator. If he could have done then Aleister would have chosen him over Accelerator. Stop trying to hype Kakine up and make him out to be something he's not.

Dark Matter is the ability to create nearly anything. IMO it's MUCH more versatile than vector manipulation.

Anyway, I'm not sure if we can add any of these to Mikoto's feats but apparently according to Kimi her power is equivalent to a cruiser and her body can not go any faster than that of a car otherwise it would be torn apart. I think this is only with her pulling her body with magnetism though.

I don't think we do. I know we have one of Raifu, that gravity girl.

We should maybe make a profile for Kimi and maybe one for Ringo too.

I also wonder what tier being eqivanlant with a cruiser would be.

Scrlk666777 said:
@Malox

No, he can't replicate Accelerator. If he could have done then Aleister would have chosen him over Accelerator. Stop trying to hype Kakine up and make him out to be something he's not.
There is no reason to him not being able to replicate Vector Control, the power isn't impressive, Accelerator using it is impressive. The only thing Kakine can't replicate are the wings.

Most of the characters in universe would disagree with you about that. You are simply looking at vector manipulation in your own biased view and making it a lot less than what it actually is. Accelerator controls a concept, A vector is a concept. But keep thinking Kakine is more thnan what has been shown and said about him when all he's ever been is a huge laughing stock, When he actually defeats Accelerator without using any tricks then I will take you and him seriously.

Kakine will never defeat Accel because most people in this fanbase see Accel as an unbeatable god who can defeat everyone because "imaginary vectors", "metaphysical energy", Accel isn't the only character with Vector Control in the series, sure, he is the most powerful, but his power isn't special, he, and the lots of plot armor the author gives to him, are special.

What are you even going on about? Accelerator is the only person with vector control in the series. Also who said he's unbeatable? Kakine not being able to beat him doesn't equal to everyone.

Ringo has showed a limited form of vector manipulation, and there is the random who had that perpetual movement or something like that, both powers derived from vector manipulation, but as i said, no one has Vector Control levep 5 aside from Accel.

Say a single character who can kill Accel in current toaru verse.

Ringo doesn't have vector manipulation but she is the cloest to replicate it. As Kakine said, what she did was almost like vector control. Almost being the key word on here. Ringo has telekinesis, which has been hinted twice now to be a lesser version of vector manipulation.

No one has vector manipulation below level 5. You have those who have subset powers of Accelerator's ability like Saiai and Umidori and possibly Raifu as well.

TFSCell said:
Touma? He already GG'd him three times in a row.
Twice. The third time Accel let him win and was said to have been holding back quite a bit. Touma vs. Accelerator has always been a fight that going by narriative could go in either favour. So far it's always gone in Touma's favour but next fight it could go in Accelerator's favour.

Also to those who can beat Accelerator in the series that are on vs. Battles,

1. Full powered Magic Gods

2. Nerfed Magic Gods through Zombie's spell.

3. Touma (50/50)

4. Aleister

5. Magicans (Pre-headshot only)

6. Izzard (Pre-headshot Only)

1 yeah, i think there are more MGs than the ones who were part of True Gremlin.

2 Zombie Magic Gods are all dead or are useless 5Bs in the New World.

3 Touma being in that list doesn't make sense, Accel could kill him in so many ways it is not even funny.

4 How can Aleister defeat Accel?

5 and 6 are valid if Accel is pre HS.

7 Kakine, St Germain, Fraulein and more can outlive him

1. Maybe but so far there's only True Gremlin and Othinus. Possibly Anna.

3. It's why I put a 50/50 next to it since it all really depends on Accelerator's mindset really.

7. True although Kakine can be defeated by the wings. Not sure about the others though, it might depend on their own Regenerationn.

I forgot to add Aiwas to the list although it's hinted by Aiwas himself that he might not be able to defeat Accelerator now.

Anna is possibly the strongesst thing ever showed, but she has a single casual 5B feat and nothing more.

Kakine can have clones outside Accel range and just live there forever, or eat the planet's core, which is the best way to kill Accel.

Aiwass is only 5B, he can outlive, sure, but he isn't defeating post NT22 Accel, even without PW.

Kakine has already shown to be defeated by Accelerator's wings in NT7 and easily at that. Also in battle in would be the Kakine in front of him not the clones that he spread around pre battle. It's like me saying Mikoto will win against Accelerator because she has clones. It doesn't work like that.

The only way Kakine wins is if Accelerator's wings are restricted.

While that is techically true, his clones, as seen with Beetle, can take on minds of their own and even overtake the "main" Kakine at the time as seen in NT6. Also as seen in NT7, Accelerator's wings basically cuts Kakine off from using his powers.

But overall though it's still the same principle. A battle can't be won because a person has pre existing clones.

He can do more clones mid battle, no problem, Accel doesn't has Sub atomic vision.

And Accel isn't going to do another Bettle 05 since he doesn't has feats of messing with powers in that way.

What? Did you actually read NT7? I mean actually read it? Did you not see Beetle struggling using his powers at all after one hit?

NT7 was a feat, unless you actually think Rensa can use Accelerator's powers better than he can? Of course he can do it again. You do know that the wings have strange and inexplicable properties.

I'm never read so much BS.

I wasn't talking about the regen null, i was talking about Takitsubo using her power in Bettle 05 and making him have his own thoughts, Accel can't make that happen.

Oh right, I didn't say that Accelerator would make that happen but it was pretty much confirmed in NT7 by Beetle that Takitsubo doens't necesarily have to do anything. It can happen if Kakine abuses using his clones too much. It's why Beetle has to be careful.

Life would be much easier if they stopped the #1 and #2 BS and just turned friends, and with Accel jailed, who is better to take the #2 spot of the MCs (hamazura is the #1, btw) and be LO's new guardian than Bettle 05? Will Kamachi just give Touma another loli?

It would be and I personally wouldn't mind seeing that happen but I think it's unlikely. Too much stuff has gone down between them mostly from Kakine's side as he did some really unforgivable things. But maybe if Accel knew the whole story, about Ringo, the Dark May Project etc. it might go towards them forming an understanding with each other, even if they can never truly be friends.

Well, we will need a substitute for Accel after he goes to jail, and "coincidently" Kakine's new manga talks about him being a substitute for Accel. Kamachi isn't fooling me, i already know every single plan he has. All Hail Kakine.

Yeah, that's not happening. At most Kakine might make a come back in the near future or even have an arc dedicated to him but that's all. Kamachi has never really seemed that fond of Kakine, hell even his own manga was basically a set up for Kamachi to do an Accelerator backstory.

By the way that is not me putting Kakine down. I just don't see it happening due a few reasons.

By the way if we do a profile for Kimi what what her AP, Dura and Speed be?

I mean how are we going to scale Kimi's power with Angel dragon?

I think it was also to confirm things that was hinted in OT15. The whole back up/subistite was just digging deeper into what Kakine told Accelerator in OT15 and where he got that from. It was also to confirm what was hinted on a personal level for Kakine that he indeed did lose someone and that he was indeed hurt in the past and that's what made him like he was in OT15.

The spin offs are more or less there to confirm to do things that Kamachi can't or even won't put in the main novel. Like backstories like Kakine's or characters like Junko. But yeah, I think one of the editors for Kamachi, Miki? Said that there are plans to do Accelerator's backstory in the novels and with what is happening that could be very soon and the Kakine manga has set some things up nicely as we got a tiny bit more on Accelerator and his past, even though he himself never made an appearence, except a cameo in the very first chapter.If I remember correctly anyway.

Have you got any opinions on Kimi's power stats for her profile?

9C physically, 8C with esper powers, same for dura, since the Dragon tanked a railgun, peak human speed since she shouldn't be slower than others high level human fighters, i think she used lightnings, right? MHS+ for then.

Yes she can use black lightning like the one that 5.1 Misaka used. I think if we go by the coin railgun then it's High 8-C but Kimi also tanked a stronger railgun but we don't have an AP stat for that. We do have a High calibar railgun but that's only in Misaka's AAA key.

Back