• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time travel and immortality

Ok so I've been thinking but how does time travel work how beings not affected by time? If said being timed travel to the past to a battle he was previously in would he be there, or would the person he was fighting just appear to be swinging at air?

And the immortal part if said was a true immortal and time traveled would there be two true immortals or?

Eh, if I understand this well, you believe that, if someone travel back in time to the moment he was having a battle then the opponent he was fighting is no longer fighting cuz he traveled back in time. This is wrong let me tell you, since if someone X travel back in time then there would be two X, and in the past battle nothing change, past X is still fighting.

Ehh, yes, this is factible unless the character possesses temporal lock.

Acausal characters?

For most types, if they travel back in time the opponent would still be fighting their past version.

For a type 2, he would not be in the battle if they time traveled.

Really? I mean, the characters that I known that have type 2 Acausality do not disappear if its other self travel back in time; is there an example of that?

I mean, the very definition of type 2 is that they don't exist in the past so I don't know how your character can be type 2 if they have a past version...

Welp, when we were dividing the types I suggested Raziel as one of the user: basically he is beyond death and such outside of the wheel of fate, he has no future and thus his actions can't be predicted by looking at the future; of course, he can still travel back in time and find himself (in fact it has his own soul, the one from an alternative timeline, in his arm), but time paradoxes wouldn't still do any harm to him. And besides that, he was accepted as type 2 (perhaps it was me not explaining it good enough).

Maybe he was accepted as a limited Type 2? I dunno.

One of us is clearly not understanding type 2 very well, maybe you can ask someone if he's still type 2 despite existing in the past. That may clear things up.

Yeah, I think is the best. But for now, travelling back in time wouldn't disappear its past self, and is perfectly fine that more than one single person that is "true immortal" exist in the same timestream (Acausality aside).

Not sure why you would look at this acausality aside when he's specifically talking about acausal characters.

Ok, in general is fine, but if being acasual may change; I said that cuz I still have issues understanding that last type. Types 4 and 5 should be the exception, but at this point and moment I may be confused about that power.

Back