• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Perpendicular Time Travel, in the case of Sailor Pluto

So it seems as though the my post went unanswered and instead, it was waved away using inaccuracies that do not align with cannon.

Geometrically speaking, it is impossible to travel from a point on a plane to a point that doesn’t exist on the plane without an axis that is perpendicular to a plane. This is why the wiki recognizes that all multiverses have insignificant 5D space by default, because that is needed to separate the universes and to allow travel from one to the other.

Sailor Pluto and Corridor of Spacetime exist outside of time, and characters time travel in order to reach her and this location. It is impossible to time travel outside of time without an additional perpendicular time axis. Time Travel is typically one when a character travels to any point in time across the the time axis. A space that has no time by convention cannot exist as apart of the time axis.

This is also supported by the fact that:

1. Time is said to exist in layers.
2. Pluto views events in the future and past happening simultaneously
3. The corridor is stated to be timeless, so it does not share a time axis with the universe

So the question, is the fact that a perpendicular axis is logically required to reach Pluto acceptable to the wiki current standards?

As for the answer I got in that thread, I will include why it was wrong in the spoilers:

1. "The cast simply used dimensional travel or spatial travel to reach Sailor Pluto."

This is false. King Endymion directly says the Spacetime key travels its users through time, also when the key was used to travel to Pluto, the story directly called it a time warp. (1 , 2)

2. "Reaching Sailor Pluto isn't strictly time travel"

Irrelevant. The canon does not have King Endymion say, "Travel through space and time" and it does not call the usage of the key a "space-time warp". Also, this argument is moot. Even if space was involved, time travel is still a component, and the premises for my question still adheres. Characters would still have to use a perpendicular time axis.

Instead of waving away my concerns as if they don't apply to situation, I would like them to be taken seriously and in good faith.

Last edited:
You should make a blog that completely details the SM cosmology and everything that would lead to tier 1 rather than these incremental threads that you seem to make

Do you have Japanese raws for that time has layers scan? I'm kind if curious if it says same, similar, or better

Do you have scans thar time is described as moving on alternative directions? Some examples could be like "vortex, torrent, twisting" imor some mysterious metaphor, or analogy that time also goes up and down left abd right

Edit: raws for that timeless voids. Might also help you if it describes time as being lime a storm.

Do you have Japanese raws for that time has layers scan? I'm kind if curious if it says same, similar, or better

Do you have scans thar time is described as moving on alternative directions? Some examples could be like "vortex, torrent, twisting" imor some mysterious metaphor, or analogy that time also goes up and down left abd right

Edit: raws for that timeless voids. Might also help you if it describes time as being lime a storm.
I have access to the original Japanese scans. So I can post it

This is more a reword CRT or Staff Thread than a CRT.

If you make a blog then you can just make a SM staff thread since the topic is currently CRT banned for three months.

This is more a reword CRT or Staff Thread than a CRT.

If you make a blog then you can just make a SM staff thread since the topic is currently CRT banned for three months.
Well the question of "time traveling outside of time requires a perpendicular time direction" still needs to be answered, sailor moon is an example, but it can apply to any verse.

To my knowledge it does not. It just requires a void lacking time to exist and that has nothing to do with multiple temporal dimensions.

Well time traveling is moving to the past or future. (akin to moving left or right). The void wouldn't be located on the timeline. You would need to travel to a new direction that is neither going to the past or future. That's why a secondary time direction would be needed. That direction would be perpendicular to the timeline.

You would need to travel to a new direction that is neither going to the past or future. That's why a secondary time direction would be needed.
No, you would just need dimensional travel or the ability to go outside of time. Neither of which require a second time axis. Our FAQ covers this
Things like timelines having time that passes at different rates would not qualify, as even the theory of general relativity already establishes that with just one regular time dimension time can flow at different rates in different places. Time flowing backwards in another universe would also not qualify it to have an additional time dimension, as it would still use the same directions of past and future as regular time, just with events playing out in reverse. For the same reasons, statements about independent time streams or of separate kinds of time, which could flow parallel to the original time, would not qualify.

Neither would dimensions that are timeless voids or are described as beyond spacetime in general qualify. Unless they cotradict themselves, these realms should not have a time dimension at all, with change in them happening according to other principles. If they, on the other hand, do contradict themselves, the statement of them not having regular time would inherently not be reliable, making the idea equally unusable.
A timeless void existing isn't evidence for what you're suggesting.

This question is specifically about the method of travel being time travel. Substituting time travel with another method just defeats the purpose of asking.
Even if you time traveled to the point that time no longer exists, it still wouldn't require two axis. At least from how I read the FAQ it wouldn't.

Even if you time traveled to the point that time no longer exists, it still wouldn't require two axis. At least from how I read the FAQ it wouldn't.
The FAQ clearly defines past and future as one direction, both backwards and forwards here.

“Time flowing backwards in another universe would also not qualify it to have an additional time dimension, as it would still use the same directions of past and future

To time travel out of time, you are neither traveling to the future or past. Therefore it cannot be the same the direction.

It doesn’t cover the actually traveling outside of time.
If you travel so far forward pr backwards that you end in an area without time, it wouldn't be evidence for two temporal axis. As the void lacks a temporal axis in the first place and a second one wouldn't accomplish anything. If it's not a timeless void then it's just a time travel showing.

If you travel so far forward pr backwards that you end in an area without time, it wouldn't be evidence for two temporal axis.
That would be a specific scenario that's just not supported by the text. There is no mention of time traveling to the end or beginning of time. Also, the area in question is described as not being apart of time. So this scenario would not apply.

Not to mention the universe is static, so there is no definite beginning or end of time.

As the void lacks a temporal axis in the first place and a second one wouldn't accomplish anything. If it's not a timeless void then it's just a time travel showing.
The perpendicular axis would be required to travel outside of time.

I feel like we are going down a list of alternate explanations than actually discussing the actual question, to time travel outside of the time (a direction that is established as past to future), a perpendicular direction that is not past to future, would be needed.

That would be a specific scenario that's just not supported by the text. There is no mention of time traveling to the end or beginning of time. Also, the area in question is described as not being apart of time. So this scenario would not apply.
Which the FAQ addresses again. A timeless void feat isn't evidence for two temporal axis
Neither would dimensions that are timeless voids or are described as beyond spacetime in general qualify. Unless they cotradict themselves, these realms should not have a time dimension at all, with change in them happening according to other principles. If they, on the other hand, do contradict themselves, the statement of them not having regular time would inherently not be reliable, making the idea equally unusable.
It's not something you can use to support a Low 1-C rating.

The perpendicular axis would be required to travel outside of time.
You wouldn't per the FAQ. If something lacks a temporal dimension then there's no second axis. As it completely lacks a flow of time. A second axis wouldn't do anything.

Which the FAQ addresses again. A timeless void feat isn't evidence for two temporal axis

It's not something you can use to support a Low 1-C rating.

You wouldn't per the FAQ. If something lacks a temporal dimension then there's no second axis. As it completely lacks a flow of time. A second axis wouldn't do anything.
Perhaps I am not voicing my point coherently enough. I acknowledge that by the current FAQs the timeless void doesn't have its own axis, however, I not referring to supposed time axis (or lack there of) of the time void. I am talking about the directions that lead to this place

The red arrow represents that axis that will allow someone to travel from the past to the future or vice versa. The Blue axis will allow someone to travel from the any point in time to the timeless void. In order to travel to direction that is neither to the past or to the future, a secondary axis must be needed.

the time void. I am talking about the directions that lead to this place
Yes, that doesn't give them anything. A timeless void lacks timeless, meaning to get there its just dimensional travel.

If they time travel to a timeless void, then it's not timeless since it has time, meaninit no second axis is required.

As the FAQ states, it's just not supporting evidence for two temporal axis.

secondary axis must be needed.
It's not. Since its a void without time, meaning it lacks any axis at all.

meaning to get there its just dimensional travel.
You keep coming back to this even though I have already disproven this and showed that the they used time travel to get there.

You're refusing to actually address the premise. You cannot just substitute it with dimensional travel and then argue against that. They time traveled there.
A timeless void lacks timeless
a void without time, meaning it lacks any axis at all.

Again, I am not talking about the timeless void. I am taking about the direction that leads to the void. Can you address that instead of focusing on there?

Can you give your opinion on this statement "In order to travel to direction that is neither to the past or to the future, a secondary axis must be needed."

You haven't once actually spoken on it at all.

Back