• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do these constitute as Immeasurable Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before starting, in Destiny Cosmology, time is stated to be both infinite and eternal.

And from what I understand for immeasurable speed in the Vsbattle page that immeasurable speed is basically like time travel but with speed.

For Mankind Golden Age of Destiny, they were building weapons such as a mass driver, which is used for high speed acceleration. However with integration of Vex technology, it achieves faster than light speeds, as a result of it, it has achieved time travel, sending fired bullets forward and backward in time to before the bullet was even fired, it is even capable of forcing time portals open for bullets that traveled from alternate timelines.

Then there are the Vex who are known for their time influencing capabilities.
Atheon is known to be capable of side-stepping both past and future. Which makes sense with their ability to exist outside of normal time, and time to them would be considered small with how they are capable of creating temporal worlds and are considered “merely”, as though time is small to them.
Vex are even capable of viewing time as a river as birds and how normal people are fish and the Vex can move in and out of it as a way of attacking their prey.
They even have markers in place to signify a location’s “Linear Time”, to show where the Vex do not flow in the same time as reality is.

So with all this, would these constitute as immeasurable speed?

Regarding moving faster than light speeds to achieve time travel, no. It's more or less just how the laws of that universe works, an example being Shinra, who has FTL speed and Time Travel as an ability, not Immeasurable speed. That's just how his world works, and it seems likely that is also how the Destiny world works as well.

As for Atheon, possibly. It says that it side-steps through past and future, in the Vault of Glass. IIRC, the Vault of Glass is a place where all of time and space converge, right? I wouldn't consider side-stepping through time in that place as Immeasurable speed. Maybe if it was able to do that outside of the place?

For the Vex, it seems like Immeasurable speed at a glance. If Vex move into time, then are they capable of traversing it? As in, not just moving into and out of it, but also moving around it? Like, say, a Vex popping into one time period and then traveling to the past or future without moving outside of it.

Regarding moving faster than light speeds to achieve time travel, no. It's more or less just how the laws of that universe works, an example being Shinra, who has FTL speed and Time Travel as an ability, not Immeasurable speed. That's just how his world works, and it seems likely that is also how the Destiny world works as well.

As for Atheon, possibly. It says that it side-steps through past and future, in the Vault of Glass. IIRC, the Vault of Glass is a place where all of time and space converge, right? I wouldn't consider side-stepping through time in that place as Immeasurable speed. Maybe if it was able to do that outside of the place?

For the Vex, it seems like Immeasurable speed at a glance. If Vex move into time, then are they capable of traversing it? As in, not just moving into and out of it, but also moving around it? Like, say, a Vex popping into one time period and then traveling to the past or future without moving outside of it.
I see, though from looking at Shinra from understanding with the info, I am not sure from what the imgur link said was explicitly time travel as it is just reversing time or causing time to go back in FTL speeds. Kind of like the Flash from DCEU, unless there is more that I am missing with Shinra. Though what about the fact about the bullets traveling across timelines?
  • To also add, not only Time but Space are infinite in scope too.
  • And Destiny is where larger infinities exists too, which the link above is a subset of another universe with a larger infinite of space-time.
The Vault is where universes brush against one another, as for working outside the vault, it can though it would have to add the power of the Black Heart to be allowed to do so.
For the Vex, they can move across past and future.

Last edited:
I see, though from looking at Shinra from understanding with the info, I am not sure from what the imgur link said was explicitly time travel as it is just reversing time or causing time to go back in FTL speeds. Kind of like the Flash from DCEU, unless there is more that I am missing with Shinra. Though what about the fact about the bullets traveling across timelines?
  • To also add, not only Time but Space are infinite in scope too.
  • And Destiny is where larger infinities exists too, which the link above is a subset of another universe with a larger infinite of space-time.
Again, more or less, it wouldn’t grant anything more than FTL speeds and the added bonus of Time Travel, even if it’s going forwards and backwards in time. It’s just Time Traveling forward and backwards, and infinite space doesn’t really add any credence from my understanding. Nor do the larger sets of infinity. So I’m not exactly understanding what you are trying to imply here.

The Vault is where universes brush against one another, as for working outside the vault, it can though it would have to add the power of the Black Heart to be allowed to do so.
I mean, I guess it would grant Immeasurable with the addition of the Black Heart? It would need to be listed as ‘Immeasurable with the Black Heart’ I suppose, but its base movement speed wouldn’t change.

From what I can gather from the scan, it just seems that the Vex are capable of manipulating time to go to different eras, not moving there by pure speed alone. Since it pretty much says immediately afterwards is that time can be broken and twisted. So it seems to me that the Vex are just manipulating time to move to different eras.

And from what I understand for immeasurable speed in the Vsbattle page that immeasurable speed is basically like time travel but with speed.
Not exactly. The page is a bit misleading as it places too much emphasis on that, but it's because it's the easiest example to visualize. Time travel here is just a consequence of what immeasurable speed entails, which is movement beyond linear time. The most text book example of this is provided later and will make note of it, but try to imagine time as a road in front of you. Immeasurable speed lets you go any road of that that you want, which means you are time traveling; but in reality, you are treating time itself as something non-linear. You don't follow the sequence of events as would even an infinite character do. You just "go" to the moment (treating a casual relationship as a physical thing to be traveled to) you please.

This is a text-book example of immeasurable speed if someone manages to dodge that. Because time became something non-linear in that instance. A future event became something that happened in the past, and you still outpaced it.

This one also is a very good way to showcase immeasurable.

So all in all, I would agree these meet the requirements. Nevertheless, will ask for further opinion.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa @Celestial_Pegasus thoughts?

Another Council and Lephyr basically explained it well, the FTL statement may not be the strongest reason. But the bullets traveling forward and backward in time to be able to strike foes before the bullet was even fired is text book Immeasurable attack speed yes. And perceiving time as a river one can swim in and out the time periods to catch pray also looks solid grounds.

So Immeasurable speed looks good.

To me, I’m not entirely positive we give Immeasurable speed for FTL feats that have time travel. It seems a little loose on my end that someone or something going at FTL speeds just gives Immeasurable because it can travel forwards or backwards in time because of in-verse mechanics.

To me, I’m not entirely positive we give Immeasurable speed for FTL feats that have time travel. It seems a little loose on my end that someone or something going at FTL speeds just gives Immeasurable because it can travel forwards or backwards in time because of in-verse mechanics.
Depends on the fiction and how they portray the feat.

In this case, it qualifies.

Not exactly. The page is a bit misleading as it places too much emphasis on that, but it's because it's the easiest example to visualize. Time travel here is just a consequence of what immeasurable speed entails, which is movement beyond linear time. The most text book example of this is provided later and will make note of it, but try to imagine time as a road in front of you. Immeasurable speed lets you go any road of that that you want, which means you are time traveling; but in reality, you are treating time itself as something non-linear. You don't follow the sequence of events as would even an infinite character do. You just "go" to the moment (treating a casual relationship as a physical thing to be traveled to) you please.

This is a text-book example of immeasurable speed if someone manages to dodge that. Because time became something non-linear in that instance. A future event became something that happened in the past, and you still outpaced it.

This one also is a very good way to showcase immeasurable.

So all in all, I would agree these meet the requirements. Nevertheless, will ask for further opinion.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa @Celestial_Pegasus thoughts?
Besides the FTL by itself which can served as supporting evidence, the answer is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back