• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Low 6-B Tournament of Regeneration 2022: Yu Kanda vs Twilight Sparkle

Group A (Match 7) :
Rules:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 30 meters.
Peppersalt looks to pick up a win against seemgily unstopabble Yu Kanda ! Can Pony magic actually put him down this is Twilight's 3/4 match.

Peppersalt43 vs Deceived

Results:
Twilight Sparke (My Little Pony):
Yu Kanda (D.Gray-Man): 7 (DemonicDude, azontr, Deceived, Nelliels, FluffyZ, Glace, Nierre)
Inconclusive:

Az2XbTy.png

Last edited:
I mean... Yu doesn't have any noted resistance to transmutation in his profile; Yu still needs to activate his illusion levels to achieve his speed amps... Meanwhile, on her end, Twilight just needs to think about transmutating Yu to transform him into something else. That is a pretty strong argument. IMO, at least.

Is the transmutation in combat cause the way she used it seemed like it was outside of a fight. And though Yu doesn't have resistance to transmutation he has resistance to Biological manip which seems like what Twilights ability resembles more

Transmutation is based on matter Manipulation (altering the state of matter to transform it into another state of matter.) so by extension of his resistance to matter Manipulation he should be fine if she tries her Transmutation.

Transmutation is the ability to alter the form of energy, beings, objects, matter, etc. to change it into something else. This ability has a variety of applications, including transmuting nearby objects into useful items or nullifying attacks by turning them into something else. More specialized versions can turn forcibly transmute or transform targets into other inanimate objects or vastly weaker beings (i.e. a common toad), effectively incapacitating or killing them.

Ability to manipulate organic beings. May range from minor body control to matter manipulation at molecular level. In addition, biological manipulation often provides a high level of adaptation (might also lead to reactive evolution), immunity to various influences (such as poisons or diseases), and heal wounds at an accelerated rate (or even regenerate).

Matter Manipulation is the ability to manipulate the particles that make up matter and the bonds between them. Converting matter into energy can also be listed as matter manipulation, but an appropriate explanation regarding the scope of applications the ability has should be given.

I feel like transmutation can encompass both of them but Matter does overall imply both so Yu resisting matter manip should apply

Is the transmutation in combat cause the way she used it seemed like it was outside of a fight. And though Yu doesn't have resistance to transmutation he has resistance to Biological manip which seems like what Twilights ability resembles more
Hello. I was asked to give input on Twilight's combat approach (for the 100th time).

She claimed that she would use it in combat, but that she didn't know the spell at the time. A problem which was obviously fixed.
In the comics she leads with hax all the time. Though, there's very rarely a situation where she isn't either completely overpowered or completely overpowers someone (in which case she's usually dealing with regular citizens and isn't going for a pseudo-lethal option).

In the show we've seen her go for energy projection a lot, and also sealing once she got more fighting experience.
Transmutation is not 100% always her lead, but it is something that is very likely in the SBA, since she's assuming the opponent is both dangerous and ill-intentioned.

In general, transmutation and/or sealing have been the go-to for dealing with extremely dangerous criminals. You see it with Discord, Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow. Turning people into stone is a popular one. Though, Twilight is an extraordinary genius who can think on her feet. If her initial plan of attack fails, do expect her to start being creative and using the plethora of hax and spells she has at her disposal with whatever information she gathers.

In general, transmutation and/or sealing have been the go-to for dealing with extremely dangerous criminals. You see it with Discord, Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow. Turning people into stone is a popular one. Though, Twilight is an extraordinary genius who can think on her feet. If her initial plan of attack fails, do expect her to start being creative and using the plethora of hax and spells she has at her disposal with whatever information she gathers.
Thanks for the input, How it's a question of whether he can resist it or not cause he does seem to resist biological manip,
Yu has the Speed Amps levels.

Last edited:
So from what i'm getting from FinePoints post is that Twilight's Transmutation is something that she usually uses (Especially under SBA) in character, alongside Energy Projection and Sealing.

FinePoint also pointed out that the brand of Transmutation that Twilight really likes to use is turning people into stone, which is heavily resisted by Yu Kanda's resistances towards Petrification.

Which means she'll most likely use the Petrification version of the Transmutation at the beginning of the fight, which would be useless against Yu Kanda as stated above and would give him more than enough ample time for him to use Level 3 and above Illusions, speedblitz and one shot Twilight with either his amped ap or Exploding Spirit Cut.

If she opps to use Sealing then i'll need to know how her sealing works before i could address that and if she opps to use the more Biological version of the Transmutation than wouldn't Yu Kanda's resistance towards Biological Manipulation negate that as well? honestly i don't know if it would or wouldn't.

Given what has been explained above by FinePoint i'm currently leaning towards Yu Kanda until more evidence about Twilights sealing comes to light and my question about resisting Biological Manipulation allowing you to resist Biological-based Transmutation is answered.

Last edited:
Well, when she's transmuted things herself it's been by turning them into organic things like horses, mice, and oranges. I'm afraid I don't know the wiki policy on resisting this via biological manipulation resistance.

Petrification and/or powernull is employed by the magic of friendship/elements of harmony, which she uses in certain keys, I didn't check which key she's using in this match.

Her sealing is in the form of a beam which traps someone in a crystal.

I feel as though Yu takes this pretty solidly. Assuming Twilight's transmutation falls under stuff like petrification/biological manipulation then it gets hard resisted, I'm afraid, and a lack of regeneration will make it so that Exploding Spirit Cut blows her into chunky little chunks depending on where exactly the cut hits, and when thinking about the insane speed boost that Yu's "illusions" give him, I think he'll be landing a cut.

That's my two-cents. I'll wait for more information on Twilight's abilities if necessary.

I was going to make a better argument for Yu Kanda today but it seems this has already reached grace before then.

Sorry for not being able to be as active as i was in the beginning of this tournament, been very busy with IRL stuff that takes precedence over anything that's currently going on in the wiki.

Back