• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-C Streets of Violence Tournament (2022): Chris Jericho vs Satou Kazuma

Group A:
Match 7:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Equalized speed in all matches
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 10 meters.
  • Winner gets 3 points
  • Losers gets 0 points
  • Inconclusive match then both fighters gets 2 point each.
Chirs Jericho the wizard is on a roll with 9 points but guess what Kazuma is undefeated with 6 poins and looks to be the first one to defeat Chirs what will happen ? let's find out here in round 7

Results:
Chris Jericho (AEW):
Satou Kazuma: 7 (Phoenks, Popted2, Anonymous, Vin, Brutelho, Pika, Random)
Inconclusive:

N0D8IVZ.jpg

Last edited:
Waiting for Phoenks to show up, Very important match points wise.

Attack Potency:

Chris Jericho = 11.19 Kilojoules
Satou Kazuma = 7.17 Kilojoules

11.19/7.17 = 1.56 Ap advantage.

Alright, so we obviously know Jericho is far more skilled than Kazuma here, and he has The Judas Effect, Poison Mist, and Fireballs that will end the fight if hit.

However, Kazuma does have his Supernatural Luck, so it will be very hard for Jericho to land something good here. I don't think Kazuma is going to get lucky every time, but he will get lucky quite a bit here.

Although, Jericho's significant skill gap, along with his IR does make him a hard opponent to hit, and Pain Tolerance will make him hard to put down.

This is honestly a close matchup.

How does the supernatural luck work? From what I gather if a random event occurs involving Satou, the desired outcome to him will always happen out of the possible options. That’s not horribly useful against Jericho, who doesn’t really rely on luck for any of his arsenal. It might have a handful of uses but nothing particularly of note. The most useful application of it I can imagine is that he’s closest to the desired weapons he wants of the ones scattered around the street, and even then, what good do any of those weapons do Satou? They’re far more useful in the hands of Jericho, who has more skill and experience wielding these types of unorthodox weapons

How does the supernatural luck work? From what I gather if a random event occurs involving Satou, the desired outcome to him will always happen out of the possible options. That’s not horribly useful against Jericho, who doesn’t really rely on luck for any of his arsenal. It might have a handful of uses but nothing particularly of note. The most useful application of it I can imagine is that he’s closest to the desired weapons he wants of the ones scattered around the street, and even then, what good do any of those weapons do Satou? They’re far more useful in the hands of Jericho, who has more skill and experience wielding these types of unorthodox weapons
Kazuma on the other hand isn't crazily skilled with his weapons, however, his luck makes up for it. He'll typically charge in with his sword and start slicing at this distance. Because of his luck, all of his strikes are likely to hit the enemy unless they're sufficient in combat.

Jericho is far more skilled than Kazuma, so Jericho shouldn't have too much of a problem avoiding his sword strikes.

just to be clear Kazuma will absolutely avoid confrontation in direct combat against Chris, Kazuma is the type of guy who will resort to anything to win, like dirty tricks etc

and he still has his bind ability to block Chris, and another thing he has is his Drain touch ability, an ability wich he can drain the stamina or the Mana of the opponent when Kazuma directly touch him

also what clothes do Chris usually wear? because Kazuma can use Steal to steal his pants if he see he has just that, and that's something Kazuma would absolutely do

I’m not saying Jericho would have no issues breaking out of the chains, just that it seems a very specific scenario based weapon that would require Kazuma wrapping it around Jericho in close quarters, which I can’t imagine happening.

Wrapping around would take time if it's not instantaneous, In that time Jerico can avoid and proceed to combat

I’m not saying Jericho would have no issues breaking out of the chains, just that it seems a very specific scenario based weapon that would require Kazuma wrapping it around Jericho in close quarters, which I can’t imagine happening.
"Bind: Allows Kazuma to use any rope or chain-like object as a projectile that quickly coils around the first thing it hits, restricting movement completely. Since it is based on luck, he can use it to bind opponents way stronger than him, such as a hydra or Darkness."
It's a long range attack

"Bind: Allows Kazuma to use any rope or chain-like object as a projectile that quickly coils around the first thing it hits, restricting movement completely. Since it is based on luck, he can use it to bind opponents way stronger than him, such as a hydra or Darkness."
It's a long range attack
How often does he use this in character? might have to restrict it it’s as good as you say

I don’t like restricting stuff after the tournament begins because it makes me look a bit of an ass but I think we can all see the issue behind class M binding in a 9-C tournament in the situation where it’s extremely difficult to dodge or prevent

How often does he use this in character? might have to restrict it it’s as good as you say
It's based on Kazuma's luck, which has been stated that it can be countered by skilled enough opponents.

Jericho is one of the most skilled people in this tourney.

Jericho's skill counters his sword flailing, don't think it really counter Class M LS tho
That's not what I meant.

The thing works as a projectile, and with Kazuma's luck, normally, it would connect Jericho and restrain him, but thanks to Jericho's massive skill advantage, he'd be able to avoid it before the projectile can restrict him.

Plus, don't forget about Jericho's IR.

Oh so it works the same way with the “sufficient in combat” pre-requisite? Then most tourney participants worth their salt should handle it fine

I really doubt IR is gonna help against a flying chain that quickly coils around the opponent as soon as it touches them
You're telling me Chris can't even dodge it off of skill alone?

It doesn't even state that the chain moves fast, it just quickly coils around the opponent as soon as it touches them. It involves Kazuma's luck, but his luck can be countered by people skilled enough, and Jericho is more than skilled enough to counter Kazuma's luck.

If the chain were restrain Jericho, then Jericho has no way of getting out of it, but thanks to Jericho's skill, he can dodge it before the chain touches him.

Back