• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-C Streets of Violence Tournament (2022): Chris Jericho vs Giovanni Potage

Well in terms of teleportation, Giovanni will be punished hard if he tries to teleport behind Jericho or the likes, as instinctive reactions will mean Jericho will be able to reply with his own attack
If he’s only ever used it to teleport behind then it’s not a particularly useful option for him, at best it neutralises momentum, at worst he takes a hit

Nice debating everyone.

Both have good advantages here. Jericho has the overall physical advantage, and the skill to wipe the floor with Giovanni if they were to engage in CQC.

Gio has the range, versatility (?), and mobility edge over Jericho.

If Gio were to keep his distance long enough, he might be able to beat Jericho. Gio needs to spam the shit out of TP and Flight to overwhelm and wear out Jericho in order to win.

However, Jericho is very good at adapting to different fighting styles, and while he'll be thrown off guard initially by Gio's abilities, all Jericho needs is an opening, and it's lights out for Gio once Jericho hits The Judas Effect. Jericho also has his IR, which will definitely be crucial here in this fight. His Pain Tolerance will also help him last longer.

Both have fireballs, though I do think that Jericho's has a worse effect, as he took out Eddie Kingston for weeks thanks to his fireballs. Jericho also has his Poison Mist as well.

So if he teleports behind Jericho and hits him the hit will lend right ? Jericho instinctive reactions has shown to kicked out of moves not fight on pure instinct looking at Rey Mysterio 619 description video right.

Jericho instinctive reactions has shown to kicked out of moves
This most likely won't help here.

fight on pure instinct looking at Rey Mysterio 619 description video right.
This'll work. He can instinctively counter Gio's moves into his own.

Jericho was hit by the Twist of Fate by Jeff Hardy (finishing move), and when Jeff went to the top to hit the Swanton Bomb, Jericho instinctively dodged it, which even left the commentators shocked. Going off of this, as well as the feat where Jericho catches Rey Mysterio with a Codebreaker in mid air, Jericho's IR works offensively and defensively.

instinctively dodged it

Really gonna depend on Giovanni's approach then he isn't going to do what hardy did and jump on Jericho after knocking him out.
Tho after a while Jericho will get back up.

If he’s only ever used it to teleport behind then it’s not a particularly useful option for him, at best it neutralises momentum, at worst he takes a hit
He can also use it to give himself a large jump (3rd Link)
Both have fireballs, though I do think that Jericho's has a worse effect, as he took out Eddie Kingston for weeks thanks to his fireballs. Jericho also has his Poison Mist as well.
Giovanni's hottest soup could un-freeze Percy's arm, so it's pretty hot

Despite the fact that Giovanni has a strong aversion for Jerks like Sylvie, Bubsy, and Arnold. He has a bad habit of going on an ego trip whenever he manages to win a battle or outsmart someone, especially after fighting Sylvie and Bugsy, so Jericho could exploit that

Ok here’s my verdict for what it’s worth:

Giovanni obviously has a frightening list of hax, but Jericho does have natural counters to some of his techniques, however not every hit Giovanni will take will be deadly, The Judas Effect is rarely something Chris whips out at first opportunity. In terms of the battle of fireballs, I do think Giovanni holds the advantage, as while Jericho’s are more potent, Giovanni is the only one of the two who can recover exclusively. In pure CQC Jericho mauls Giovanni, however Giovanni only needs to play a smart game and keep Jericho out of range in order to slowly wear him down before grabbing the win with a flurry of attacks.

I’m gonna say in this circumstance that it’s one too many supernatural abilities for Jericho to handle though. Both have strategies they can employ to win this match, but I think Giovanni can survive the initial onslaught and apply what he needs to win the match from there, so will vote Giovanni high diff for now.

Although I do have a very important question, could Giovanni be described as hyper aggressive or as anything else that would prevent him from applying a defensive strategy? If it’s not in character for him to have the patience or resolve to play the long game I don’t see how he takes this

Despite the fact that Giovanni has a strong aversion for Jerks like Sylvie, Bubsy, and Arnold. He has a bad habit of going on an ego trip whenever he manages to win a battle or outsmart someone, especially after fighting Sylvie and Bugsy, so Jericho could exploit that
Jericho is definitely the kind of guy that will work on any weakness an opponent has.

Ok here’s my verdict for what it’s worth:

Giovanni obviously has a frightening list of hax, but Jericho does have natural counters to some of his techniques, however not every hit Giovanni will take will be deadly, The Judas Effect is rarely something Chris whips out at first opportunity. In terms of the battle of fireballs, I do think Giovanni holds the advantage, as while Jericho’s are more potent, Giovanni is the only one of the two who can recover exclusively. In pure CQC Jericho mauls Giovanni, however Giovanni only needs to play a smart game and keep Jericho out of range in order to slowly wear him down before grabbing the win with a flurry of attacks.

I’m gonna say in this circumstance that it’s one too many supernatural abilities for Jericho to handle though. Both have strategies they can employ to win this match, but I think Giovanni can survive the initial onslaught and apply what he needs to win the match from there, so will vote Giovanni high diff for now.

Although I do have a very important question, could Giovanni be described as hyper aggressive or as anything else that would prevent him from applying a defensive strategy? If it’s not in character for him to have the patience or resolve to play the long game I don’t see how he takes this
Traitor.

Tbf, Jericho does have the Pain Tolerance to ignore the damage from the fireballs, and would Gio be able to automatically heal from attacks, or would he have to recover from the damage, then heal? If it's the latter, then Jericho can immediately act on this and hit Gio with The Judas Effect, ending the match.

And since Gio has a very big ego, and is willing to brag in the middle of a fight if he ends up outsmarting his opponent (like Adem said), then I'm sure Jericho can find a way to goad Gio into doing something that will extremely detrimental for him. Jericho's Social Influencing is pretty potent after all.

Yes, Jericho’s social Influencing could be his biggest asset here, Giovanni has to execute a very specific strategy, and if Jericho can bait him out of it, it’s ggs

Giovanni in the video above said lying is his speciality and him being a criminal would he allow himself to be social influenced and does he have resistance to social influence ?

And would Gio be able to automatically heal from attacks, or would he have to recover from the damage, then heal? If it's the latter, then Jericho can immediately act on this and hit Gio with The Judas Effect, ending the match.
He'd need to recover to use the potion, probably not for the healing fog tho
He can also use his Pseudo-Teleportation & Pseudo-Flight to get away from Jericho if that happens

I'm neutral on this fight I think Jericho via far superior experience should be able to dodge if not dodge and get's hit he'll be damaged but will continue to fight on but Giovanni's healing will be tough.
If Jericho opens the fight with Judas Effect then it'll be over.

I wanna hear how Giovanni deals with social Influencing but considering it’s so tight and there’s so many different ways it could go I’m down for an incon vote

But yeah once Adem replies about how social Influencing would work on Giovanni I think I’ll be able to change my vote to something more informed now that there’s been new points

I wanna hear how Giovanni deals with social Influencing but considering it’s so tight and there’s so many different ways it could go I’m down for an incon vote
Giovanni never really encountered someone with social influencing, he is quite emotional and has quite the temper, so he might lash out at Jericho
I doubt he'd get close tho
Since Giovanni will probably start the fight with a Teleports Behind You, He'd know fighting Jericho in close quarters is a bad idea

Could it be possible for Jericho to provoke him to attack blindly without strategy or thinking what he’s doing? I doubt it since there’s no prior knowledge though

Giovanni never really encountered someone with social influencing, he is quite emotional and has quite the temper, so he might lash out at Jericho
I doubt he'd get close tho
Since Giovanni will probably start the fight with a Teleports Behind You, He'd know fighting Jericho in close quarters is a bad idea
Welp, we now know that Social Influencing will do wonders for Jericho in this matchup.

Jericho FRA for sure (if I didn't already vote him).

Hmmm I think after looking through all the new stuff I will change my vote to incon, they match each other almost perfectly and sorta cancel each other out because of that, and there’s too many ways this could play out anyways

Oh WOW a lot of people voted while I was away, but it says I voted for Jericho? I don’t recall ever doing that

Back