• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Bone Crusher Tournament (2022): Susie vs Lu Niang Lan (SEMI-FINAL)

Semi-Final 2:

Rules
:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 10 meters.
Susie and Lu have their eyes set on the illustrious trophy and will give their absolute best to enter the finale, Ladies and gentleman Semi Final 2 is underway time it's the Assassin vs The monster !

Audience Goes WILD !!

Psychomaster35 vs DontTalkDT

Results:
Susie:
Lu Niang Lan: 7 (DD, Random, DT, OneBleach, Anonymous, Pikaman, Glace)
Inconclusive:
2TBTRkN.png

Last edited:
From what I have seen in last debates, Susie has some skill dodging that would make it hard for Lu to hit her from long range.
On the other hand, her axe throwing attacks and stuff don't really have a chance to hit Lu either, by the stuff I posted in the last thread.

So I don't think this will be decided in long-range combat. How good skill does Susie have in mid or short range combat?

So I don't think this will be decided in long-range combat. How good skill does Susie have in mid or short range combat?
Pretty much the same skill as she would do in long range. If her opponent decides to come closer to her, she’s just more likely to dodge them like she would dodge any other projectile in the game.

So Lu would have trouble landing hits on Susie thanks to her skill dodging.

I believe Susie's attacks targets the soul right?

Correct. So all she needs is to land some 10 or so hits (Maybe less) in order to defeat her. Do note her soul manipulation doesn’t oneshot. Meanwhile, the AP gap, while in Lu’s favor, doesn’t seem too high.

Pretty much the same skill as she would do in long range. If her opponent decides to come closer to her, she’s just more likely to dodge them like she would dodge any other projectile in the game.
Thing is, projectile dodging and close range dodging is different, since in close range you can combo and defend and counter-attack. The latter is something Lu is very proficient in. If Susie swings her axe at Lu in close range, Lu won't necessarily simply dodge. She can do something like this:
One of them was a ferocious beast with 300kg of weight behind her claws and fangs. The other was a veteran summoner who could run circles around a summoner in the 600s or 700s without even using a Material.

But…

Even so…

“————”

Lu Niang Lan started by sending a fist toward the leaping white liger’s nose as a cross-counter. With a great roar of impact, the five meter beast fell straight down. This exposed her back to Kyousuke, but the Perfect Dragon did not even look back as his Blood-Sign thrust in like a spear. She twisted around and lowered her upper body, but not to dodge it. She allowed it to rest on her hips and then she used her back to knock it upwards.

“!?”

It pulled Kyousuke’s arms up along with it, leaving his upper body entirely defenseless.

She made a heavy counterattack much like a roundhouse kick and it mercilessly stabbed into his exposed torso.
(Yes, using that quote again)

Unless Susie has some actual martial arts skill on a pretty high level, I don't think she can deal with Lu in close combat, as it just works differently from dodging projectiles.

And Lu can amplify her AP advantage with piercing damage. If Susie has no notable close combat skill I can also totally see her getting caught in a combo once a hit lands and launches her through the room. (A simple strike from Lu can send someone flying all the way into another room, while crashing through a table) I really don't think Lu would give her any time to get up, balance herself or recover and all that.

And invisibility still exists as an advantage.

Thing is, projectile dodging and close range dodging is different, since in close range you can combo and defend and counter-attack. The latter is something Lu is very proficient in. If Susie swings her axe at Lu in close range, Lu won't necessarily simply dodge. She can do something like this:

(Yes, using that quote again)

Unless Susie has some actual martial arts skill on a pretty high level, I don't think she can deal with Lu in close combat, as it just works differently from dodging projectiles.

And Lu can amplify her AP advantage with piercing damage. If Susie has no notable close combat skill I can also totally see her getting caught in a combo once a hit lands and launches her through the room. (A simple strike from Lu can send someone flying all the way into another room, while crashing through a table) I really don't think Lu would give her any time to get up, balance herself or recover and all that.

And invisibility still exists as an advantage.
Lu FRA

Looks like it'll be me vs you in the finals

Back