• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Bone Crusher Tournament (2022): Batman vs Lu Niang Lan

Quarter Final 3:

Rules
:

Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 10 meters.

Batman is on a hunt and his next opponent happens to be an assassin, this might be the most badass match of the tournament as we move on to Quarter Final 3.

DontTalkDT vs AnonymousBlank

Results:
Batman:
Lu Niang Lan: 666 (DD, Random, DT, Anonymous, Adem, Psycho, Popted2, LifeOfKing)
Inconclusive:
Bfhkbyb.png

Last edited:
I wanted to put something regarding how good Lu is in dodging/countering attacks in the last thread. Since that ended before that, I will do it here instead.

Alright, so first, Kyousuke can't defeat Lu. In fact, it is impossible for him to land even a single hit.
Not even Kyousuke can defeat Lu Niang Lan in an unarmed battle.
No normal attack could hit Lu Niang Lan. No matter what he tried, he would only end up receiving a cross-counter with twice the force behind it.

But that just meant he needed an attack that could not be dodged.

And that meant an attack that would fill the entire room.
So someone on Kyousuke's skill level can't touch Lu at all.

How skilled is Kyousuke?
For a baseline, he is skilled enough to run circles around above average skill summoners with unarmed combat alone.
One of them was a ferocious beast with 300kg of weight behind her claws and fangs. The other was a veteran summoner who could run circles around a summoner in the 600s or 700s without even using a Material.

But…

Even so…

“————”

Lu Niang Lan started by sending a fist toward the leaping white liger’s nose as a cross-counter. With a great roar of impact, the five meter beast fell straight down. This exposed her back to Kyousuke, but the Perfect Dragon did not even look back as his Blood-Sign thrust in like a spear. She twisted around and lowered her upper body, but not to dodge it. She allowed it to rest on her hips and then she used her back to knock it upwards.

“!?”

It pulled Kyousuke’s arms up along with it, leaving his upper body entirely defenseless.

She made a heavy counterattack much like a roundhouse kick and it mercilessly stabbed into his exposed torso.
To explain: 600s or 700s refers to the number of Awards, which roughly equate to the skill of the summoner. 1000+ Awards are world champion level. (only 3 known people at that level)

However, that's not all. Kyousuke is so skilled that he, a Peak Human with Peak Human speed, can match a group of Mach 2.5 Mecha's with superhuman strength via skill alone. And those mechas were evening stated to have movements that are particularly hard to predict. The quote is a little long so I will highlight the most relevant parts.
The windows shattered on either side of the nearly-deserted last train. Even if it was a slow train, it was still moving quite rapidly, so how had someone managed to land on the side and jump in? The assailants who entered in unison were a never-before-seen form of Repliglass, which used silicon stem cells. And yes, not even Kyousuke and Biondetta had seen this variety before.

Their overall silhouettes resembled heavily-armored humans, but the five wings on their backs stood out prominently. Kyousuke narrowed his eyes when he saw that back equipment that rotated like a helicopter. Those bizarre wings did not exist in the natural world.

Also, their extremely enlarged arms came apart like unfurling ribbons to form seven tentacles each.

“…Released Creation, huh?”

Whether a robot, an android, or a replicant, the primary purpose of manmade machines was to reproduce the structure of other living things. The greatest examples were the robots with humanoid bodies or computers with human thought processes which were seen in SF.

But just as tanks and cranes did not resemble any living creature and just like the giant robots in fictional stories were not even remotely practical, people’s imagination could sometimes surpass the limits of the natural world.

The same was true of Repliglass.

They had a variety of advantages, but the biggest was how difficult their movements were to predict. Using the traits of existing plants and animals gave you a treasure trove of data to work with, but it was also easy to imagine just how a mantis model, grasshopper model, or hornet model would move. A Released Creation did not have that. And in battle, calmly observing and putting together a new plan would require placing the chips of human lives on the table. When faced with bizarre, never-before-seen, and supersonic movements, waiting was the same as standing still while you were killed instantly.

Yes.

Unless your brain had greater calculation power than a supercomputer like Kyousuke’s did.

“…I see.

Without any actual data to work with, he could only make general calculations, but with that much Repliglass muscle fiber bundled together into those tentacles, they could likely make jabs that surpassed Mach 2.5. He estimated them to be heavily-equipped models that weaponized their power and speed which could grab and crush their enemy with instantaneous speed rivalling a fighter jet’s top speed and could knock down every last bullet when a Gatling gun was fired at them head-on.

Once they stood on the same stage as you, the Repliglass had essentially already won, whether they wanted to restrain you or simply behead you. The end effect would be little different from having them move freely while time was frozen for you.

(They’re dangerous, but I guess they aren’t going to give us a chance to stop the train.)

But Kyousuke responded with a disinterested sigh.

“Biondetta. Up above.”

“Yes, sir.”

Despite her miniskirt, the waitress spread her feet wider than her shoulders while pulling out her silver Blood-Sign (which was also a bolt-action sniper rifle) and aiming it toward the ceiling as instructed. She then fired a powerful shot. The recoil caused her long hair to flutter and her large breasts to jiggle while she pulled the cocking lever to load the next round and fired again. Her miniskirt fluttered. She repeated the action a third, fourth, and fifth time…

Something flowed by outside the speeding train’s windows.

“Report.”

“I didn’t detect a hit. The sudden gunfire probably scared them, so they slipped off.”

The plan had been the same as a cheap stage magician. The Repliglass had been sent in as an obvious threat while the actual summoner and vessel would make their attack from the roof. The Artificial Sacred Ground established by an Incense Grenade was initially a 20m cube. As long as it was close enough, it would capture the target even through walls. …That said, it could not be established when the user could not see the target with the naked eye, so the summoner had probably been lying down on the roof and dangling upside-down to peer in through the window.

“Didn’t you say the boring slow train would be ‘safe’?”

“My apologies, sir. I forgot to preface that with ‘relatively’☆”

A tempo late, a wrinkled old voice cried out.

It came from the very compact old lady who had unfortunately been riding the same car.

“There’s nothing to worry about, young lady.”

Kyousuke said something to calm her down while he reached toward the back of his hoodie. He pulled out the Repliglass Blood-Sign named Phosphorus.

“You will forget all about this bad dream soon enough.”

As soon as he finished speaking, everything set in motion.

But the Repliglass weapons should have noticed that control of this place had already secretly shifted to the Freedom 900 levels.

Modern warfare compressors sliced through the air from multiple directions with enough intensity to break the sound barrier, but the greatest weapons of those Alphas – as Kyousuke dubbed them – were the seven pairs of tentacles and those failed to reach the summoners’ heads.

They had misread Shiroyama Kyousuke.

He took a step to the side so as not to get the old lady involved, but they should have noticed just how far he was planning ahead with that action.

A great crashing sound soon followed. The deadly stretching weapons grabbed at the heads and torsos of their supposed allies and the Repliglass weapons tore each other apart.

“You mechanically lock on using microwaves or infrared. At speeds surpassing Mach 2.5, the human pilots themselves can’t hope to visually follow the action from beginning to end.”

If a more cheerful color had seeped into Kyousuke’s soul, he might have hummed a tune.

As seen with a tightrope walker crossing between buildings, it was while relaxed that humans could draw out their greatest performance. You only hurt your chances if you let your muscles tense up from the nerves of brought on by great danger or a major challenge.

The summoner continued his one-way conversation while surrounded by a unique aura similar to “the zone” for a golf or shogi player and while constructing a world into which no one could enter.

“So I can intervene all I want during that ‘blank period’. I don’t have to face you head-on and stop you. If I give a slight push on your joints with the end of this stick to shift your movements just a little bit, those tentacles will end up going somewhere else entirely.”

However, this strategy should only work if he could accurately predict where those tentacles would go while moving with speed rivalling an afterburner and if he could reproduce precise movements akin to touching the side of a flying bullet with his finger.

Nothing could be more unreasonable than a subsonic object repeatedly controlling supersonic objects and guiding them to destroy each other.

But this was the proper form of a summoner.

A summoner was a puny human who controlled the higher Materials. You could not discuss their essence without mentioning the absurdity of a lower being exceeding a higher being.

The high-spec Alphas surrounded the slender and puny human and swung down their many tentacles and powerful arms in unison, but they suddenly found themselves turned to the side and destroying their fellow units.

The area sounded much like a scrap factory, the masses of special armor were tossed into the box seats and windows, and the entire car soon fell silent.
And that same person can't hope to land as much as a single hit on Lu.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is: Lu is incredibly skilled and hard to hit.

Alright, lets pick up where this fight left off.

Leaning towards Lu, but I'm sure Batman has some win cons, so I'll hold myself back from voting.

Lu has invisibility, heart-explode technique and possibly the skill advantage.
Batman has slight stat advantages in return.
Equipment-wise they seem pretty equal. Both have smoke stuff and throwing weapons. Lu might be better with them seeing how she can throw a lot at once, but not sure how batman does.

Hmmm … on that Kyousuke stuff, Batman actually scales to a similar feat in the form of being superior to Bloodsport (a peak human in speed) who was able to put Superman (MHS+) in hospital with a kryptonite bullet (supersonic speed) and shoot through Peacemaker’s bullet (supersonic) even more center despite raising and firing their guns at the same time.

That said, her scaling above analytical prediction for 20 people and ricocheting bullets and shit mid air is definitely gonna make her more skilled than Bats imo. My question is how good are her senses to avoid Batman’s stealth attacks? Her page doesn’t seem to mention enhanced senses of any kind.

My question is how good are her senses to avoid Batman’s stealth attacks? Her page doesn’t seem to mention enhanced senses of any kind.
That's true. Aside from looking through a smoke screen once, I don't think she has any enhanced sense feats.
She is experienced enough to not get caught from behind like an idiot, though, and can counter it with her presence concealment invisibility.
Basically, if Bats disappears, Lu disappears as well and Batman has no better chances of finding her in that situation than she has of finding him.

That's true. Aside from looking through a smoke screen once, I don't think she has any enhanced sense feats.
She is experienced enough to not get caught from behind like an idiot, though, and can counter it with her presence concealment invisibility.
Basically, if Bats disappears, Lu disappears as well and Batman has no better chances of finding her in that situation than she has of finding him.
So what you’re telling me is that this thread turned from a super skilled baddie and a super skill cosplayer into a COD match between two campers? 😭

I think Lu might take this due to this whole fight being "Whatever you can do, I can do better."

Batman is very skilled, but Lu is more skilled.

Bats can go stealth mode, but Lu has invisibility.

Plus, with guns restricted, Bats doesn't have weaponry that can automatically end the fight, while Lu has an attack that will kill Batman if she connects (which she certainly can, but it just won't be easy).

I think I'll go Lu FRA, unless @AnonymousBlank has anymore arguments for Batman here.

I think Lu might take this due to this whole fight being "Whatever you can do, I can do better."

Batman is very skilled, but Lu is more skilled.

Bats can go stealth mode, but Lu has invisibility.

Plus, with guns restricted, Bats doesn't have weaponry that can automatically end the fight, while Lu has an attack that will kill Batman if she connects (which she certainly can, but it just won't be easy).

I think I'll go Lu FRA, unless @AnonymousBlank has anymore arguments for Batman here.
Nah, this is Batman against a hot Asian assassin. It ends in sex Imma vote Lu as well. Bats only has so many smoke grenades and they are in an open field with plenty of air circulation. The moment the smoke is gone, he would get one shot by an invisible Lu since his cowl doesn’t have any infrared sight or shit like that afaik. Man only got night vision with his normal cowl and it doesn’t get explained how exactly the vision works.

Back