• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slender Assassins Fight in Dresses (Yor Briar vs Lu Niang Lan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Yor Briar vs Lu Niang Lan
dS4LjGc.png
Speed Equal
SBA otherwise
Yor gets knowledge of how Award-based Memory Manip works

Last edited:
1.268876*10^6 J (1.26 Megajoule)

Very. For a start, is this verse of elite fighters she is said to be the best unarmed fighter there is.
It was unclear if she was using her full strength, but no one could outdo Lu Niang Lan when it came to a purely unarmed fight.
No surprise. She comes from a family that does selective breeding for the most superior body.

Here's her making use of her assassin weapons:
She grabbed more than twenty assassination needle darts. Kyousuke charged toward the man with his gun aimed at the girl’s head. She supported him by throwing three each toward all of the enemies in seven directions. The masked men finally peered down their gun sights. Their thick tendons and joints were pierced and they collapsed after a short delay.
“————————————————————————————————————————————ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!”

It all happened in the span of a breath.
A second showing:
Lu Niang Lan placed a hand on the counter, leaped over it, and then sent her foot toward the side of the man’s head. No, she did more than that. While almost entirely upside down, she reached for the chest of her modified China dress and pulled out every hidden weapon she could. She threw several fork-shaped Fei Cha up toward his jaw, threw a Wan Ren Di (a dried mud container full of explosives) to the floor to create a smokescreen, and performed a side flip to right her body while using the centrifugal force to swing a Fei Zhao (claws attached to the end of a rope) toward the side of the man’s head. It was all a single flowing motion. This was truly the full ability of the Perfect Dragon who could slay summoners without relying on a Material.

“That was sudden.”

But.

Even so.

“But surely there was more you could have done. You should know you don’t get a chance to prepare before every battle.”

“…!!!???”

He spoke calmly. Blocking her opponent’s view with the smokescreen seemed to have actually made the monster’s silhouette appear larger. Lu Niang Lan took a few steps back while throwing several Liu Ye Fei Dao throwing knives and also swinging around a Liu Xing Chui, fist-sized stones attached to either end of a long rope. It did not matter if her opponent was in a smokescreen, if he was an Award 1000 monster, or if he was a ghost returned from the depths of hell. She did not let him guard with his arms, she wrapped the thick rope around his neck, and she tugged him toward her.

The modified China dress beauty used enough force to snap a tree trunk as thick around as her own waist.
She is so skillful that she will even subconsciously kill her target, given the opportunity.
Lu Niang Lan is skillful enough to subconsciously kill her target even after losing the Summoning Ceremony.

Lu Niang Lan also easily wiped the floor with Kyousuke while fighting a Liger.
One of them was a ferocious beast with 300kg of weight behind her claws and fangs. The other was a veteran summoner who could run circles around a summoner in the 600s or 700s without even using a Material.

But…

Even so…

“————”

Lu Niang Lan started by sending a fist toward the leaping white liger’s nose as a cross-counter. With a great roar of impact, the five meter beast fell straight down. This exposed her back to Kyousuke, but the Perfect Dragon did not even look back as his Blood-Sign thrust in like a spear. She twisted around and lowered her upper body, but not to dodge it. She allowed it to rest on her hips and then she used her back to knock it upwards.

“!?”

It pulled Kyousuke’s arms up along with it, leaving his upper body entirely defenseless.

She made a heavy counterattack much like a roundhouse kick and it mercilessly stabbed into his exposed torso.
He even states that he would never land a hit on her.
No normal attack could hit Lu Niang Lan. No matter what he tried, he would only end up receiving a cross-counter with twice the force behind it.

But that just meant he needed an attack that could not be dodged.

And that meant an attack that would fill the entire room.
So how skilled is Kyousuke?
Well, first he can do this (to quote from his page)
Body Analysis/Calculations: Kyousuke is able to predict an enemy's next movement by reading their breathing, the movement of their eyes, the tension in their muscles, the adjustments to their balance and other information from their body. He used this technique to counter Hayato Yasuzumi's artificial gravity control strategy. Similarly, he can accurately calculate out where he can strike to knock someone out in a single blow by determining the location of his opponent’s center of gravity from their build, determined the range of motion of their arms and legs, etc...; all in an instant. Kyousuke is also able to use his superhuman calculation abilities in other ways, such as to calculate bullet ricochets in order to surround the enemy with bullets. One time, when confronted with armed guards in the closed space of a ship's hallway, Kyousuke adjusted things in the environment like the angle of doors or ceiling panels to focus the noise of the guards' gunshots, knocking them out non-lethally with the reflected sound waves.
Despite being just peak human in speed he can defeat Mach 2.5 Mecha via skill alone.
The windows shattered on either side of the nearly-deserted last train. Even if it was a slow train, it was still moving quite rapidly, so how had someone managed to land on the side and jump in? The assailants who entered in unison were a never-before-seen form of Repliglass, which used silicon stem cells. And yes, not even Kyousuke and Biondetta had seen this variety before.

Their overall silhouettes resembled heavily-armored humans, but the five wings on their backs stood out prominently. Kyousuke narrowed his eyes when he saw that back equipment that rotated like a helicopter. Those bizarre wings did not exist in the natural world.

Also, their extremely enlarged arms came apart like unfurling ribbons to form seven tentacles each.

“…Released Creation, huh?”

Whether a robot, an android, or a replicant, the primary purpose of manmade machines was to reproduce the structure of other living things. The greatest examples were the robots with humanoid bodies or computers with human thought processes which were seen in SF.

But just as tanks and cranes did not resemble any living creature and just like the giant robots in fictional stories were not even remotely practical, people’s imagination could sometimes surpass the limits of the natural world.

The same was true of Repliglass.

They had a variety of advantages, but the biggest was how difficult their movements were to predict. Using the traits of existing plants and animals gave you a treasure trove of data to work with, but it was also easy to imagine just how a mantis model, grasshopper model, or hornet model would move. A Released Creation did not have that. And in battle, calmly observing and putting together a new plan would require placing the chips of human lives on the table. When faced with bizarre, never-before-seen, and supersonic movements, waiting was the same as standing still while you were killed instantly.

Yes.

Unless your brain had greater calculation power than a supercomputer like Kyousuke’s did.

“…I see.

Without any actual data to work with, he could only make general calculations, but with that much Repliglass muscle fiber bundled together into those tentacles, they could likely make jabs that surpassed Mach 2.5. He estimated them to be heavily-equipped models that weaponized their power and speed which could grab and crush their enemy with instantaneous speed rivalling a fighter jet’s top speed and could knock down every last bullet when a Gatling gun was fired at them head-on.

Once they stood on the same stage as you, the Repliglass had essentially already won, whether they wanted to restrain you or simply behead you. The end effect would be little different from having them move freely while time was frozen for you.

(They’re dangerous, but I guess they aren’t going to give us a chance to stop the train.)

But Kyousuke responded with a disinterested sigh.

“Biondetta. Up above.”

“Yes, sir.”

Despite her miniskirt, the waitress spread her feet wider than her shoulders while pulling out her silver Blood-Sign (which was also a bolt-action sniper rifle) and aiming it toward the ceiling as instructed. She then fired a powerful shot. The recoil caused her long hair to flutter and her large breasts to jiggle while she pulled the cocking lever to load the next round and fired again. Her miniskirt fluttered. She repeated the action a third, fourth, and fifth time…

Something flowed by outside the speeding train’s windows.

“Report.”

“I didn’t detect a hit. The sudden gunfire probably scared them, so they slipped off.”

The plan had been the same as a cheap stage magician. The Repliglass had been sent in as an obvious threat while the actual summoner and vessel would make their attack from the roof. The Artificial Sacred Ground established by an Incense Grenade was initially a 20m cube. As long as it was close enough, it would capture the target even through walls. …That said, it could not be established when the user could not see the target with the naked eye, so the summoner had probably been lying down on the roof and dangling upside-down to peer in through the window.

“Didn’t you say the boring slow train would be ‘safe’?”

“My apologies, sir. I forgot to preface that with ‘relatively’☆”

A tempo late, a wrinkled old voice cried out.

It came from the very compact old lady who had unfortunately been riding the same car.

“There’s nothing to worry about, young lady.”

Kyousuke said something to calm her down while he reached toward the back of his hoodie. He pulled out the Repliglass Blood-Sign named Phosphorus.

“You will forget all about this bad dream soon enough.”

As soon as he finished speaking, everything set in motion.

But the Repliglass weapons should have noticed that control of this place had already secretly shifted to the Freedom 900 levels.

Modern warfare compressors sliced through the air from multiple directions with enough intensity to break the sound barrier, but the greatest weapons of those Alphas – as Kyousuke dubbed them – were the seven pairs of tentacles and those failed to reach the summoners’ heads.

They had misread Shiroyama Kyousuke.

He took a step to the side so as not to get the old lady involved, but they should have noticed just how far he was planning ahead with that action.

A great crashing sound soon followed. The deadly stretching weapons grabbed at the heads and torsos of their supposed allies and the Repliglass weapons tore each other apart.

“You mechanically lock on using microwaves or infrared. At speeds surpassing Mach 2.5, the human pilots themselves can’t hope to visually follow the action from beginning to end.”

If a more cheerful color had seeped into Kyousuke’s soul, he might have hummed a tune.

As seen with a tightrope walker crossing between buildings, it was while relaxed that humans could draw out their greatest performance. You only hurt your chances if you let your muscles tense up from the nerves of brought on by great danger or a major challenge.

The summoner continued his one-way conversation while surrounded by a unique aura similar to “the zone” for a golf or shogi player and while constructing a world into which no one could enter.

“So I can intervene all I want during that ‘blank period’. I don’t have to face you head-on and stop you. If I give a slight push on your joints with the end of this stick to shift your movements just a little bit, those tentacles will end up going somewhere else entirely.”

However, this strategy should only work if he could accurately predict where those tentacles would go while moving with speed rivalling an afterburner and if he could reproduce precise movements akin to touching the side of a flying bullet with his finger.

Nothing could be more unreasonable than a subsonic object repeatedly controlling supersonic objects and guiding them to destroy each other.

But this was the proper form of a summoner.

A summoner was a puny human who controlled the higher Materials. You could not discuss their essence without mentioning the absurdity of a lower being exceeding a higher being.

The high-spec Alphas surrounded the slender and puny human and swung down their many tentacles and powerful arms in unison, but they suddenly found themselves turned to the side and destroying their fellow units.

The area sounded much like a scrap factory, the masses of special armor were tossed into the box seats and windows, and the entire car soon fell silent.

Soooo... that's about what I spontaneously come up with regarding Lu's skill. What does Yor's skill look like?

Quite possible. But thematically the match is too good to not try.

Just to make sure, due to what do you think this is probably a stomp?

If it's due to the part I think it is, I might restrict it just for the sake of argument.
I honestly think Lan holds an overwhelming skill advantage, bordering on a skill stomp.

I could be wrong, though.

Wouldn't the memory manip be a big problem? Because while yes it can be countered by looking at her is honestly unrealistic to believe that Yor will be able to directly look at Lu at every moment without even a small moment when she isn't on her sight, more so considering that she can turn invisible and even her skill which should let her get out of sight at least for a moment. Don't know however if Yor instincts and senses could potentially counter that, like make her defend even if she isn't aware of Lu existence.

I honestly think Lan holds an overwhelming skill advantage, bordering on a skill stomp.
Oh ok. Thought it would be due to the memory stuff.

Wouldn't the memory manip be a big problem? Because while yes it can be countered by looking at her is honestly unrealistic to believe that Yor will be able to directly look at Lu at every moment without even a small moment when she isn't on her sight, more so considering that she can turn invisible and even her skill which should let her get out of sight at least for a moment. Don't know however if Yor instincts and senses could potentially counter that, like make her defend even if she isn't aware of Lu existence.
Might restrict the Awards stuff if it comes down to it... It should be noted that the memories do return the moment people look at Lu again, though.

Well a good debate always better than being added into profile, we here for a fun debate

DontTalkDT still not count my vote for Lu

Yor's EP and IR will counter Lu's invinsibility and memory hax. So the only actual advantage Lu has is superior skill. Although I agree that Lu is clearly more skilled in liu of having more concrete Skill feats, she isn't to point of just waltzing over Yor. In a fist to cuff no bullshit fight, Lu would ultimately win, but it would not be childs play.

So while Lu is superior in direct combat (and indirect combat) I still hesitate to give this to Lu, because her kill options are actually inferior to Yors. Yors poison daggers would only need a scratch to kill Lu, and going by what is provived, it seems that Yors pressure point hax is superior too (Although that one will probably not come up as Lu is the more skilled character, therefor making landing PP moves extremly hard). Lus vibration stuff is equally harder to pull off compared to Yor swiping a single hit with her daggers.

I honestly believe that this is an incon. Yor is just simply not unskilled enough that Lu can go a no hit run on her. A single scratch will end Lu and Lu will have to work far harder to end Yor. It is equally possible that Lu kills Yor without a single scratch at is for Yor to land a single hit

Yor's EP and IR will counter Lu's invinsibility and memory hax. So the only actual advantage Lu has is superior skill. Although I agree that Lu is clearly more skilled in liu of having more concrete Skill feats, she isn't to point of just waltzing over Yor. In a fist to cuff no bullshit fight, Lu would ultimately win, but it would not be childs play.

So while Lu is superior in direct combat (and indirect combat) I still hesitate to give this to Lu, because her kill options are actually inferior to Yors. Yors poison daggers would only need a scratch to kill Lu, and going by what is provived, it seems that Yors pressure point hax is superior too (Although that one will probably not come up as Lu is the more skilled character, therefor making landing PP moves extremly hard). Lus vibration stuff is equally harder to pull off compared to Yor swiping a single hit with her daggers.

I honestly believe that this is an incon. Yor is just simply not unskilled enough that Lu can go a no hit run on her. A single scratch will end Lu and Lu will have to work far harder to end Yor. It is equally possible that Lu kills Yor without a single scratch at is for Yor to land a single hit
Due to this, Incon FRA

Due to this, Incon FRA
That's settled it then, incon FRA
Incon FRA
Incon FRA
Incon FRA
Count me as Incon
There's already 7 votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back