• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@NotCensored; the fact that the feat didn't happen at all in the manga means that it takes precedence over the light novel and we should ignore the feat.

Literally says nothing like this on the canon page at all it says is; When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary canon.

^They literally can't contradict each other because it only happens in the LN if they redid this feat for the Manga then it would take precedence over the LN

And this whole "It didn't happen in the manga" is quite weak a lot of the feats on the Naruto verses profiles come from other LN's as well just cause a feat doesn't happen in the manga doesn't mean its non-canon also the story contradiction argument is quite weak as well as even in the Primary Canon there is story discrepancies like Urashiki not existing in the manga etc.

Again i don't even want this on the canon profile just acknowledged in some capacity whatever form that takes

The greatest attack technique does not mean the greatest power overall in terms of scale, and if the characters have displayed extremely more limited physical statistics, we should not scale them from creation feats.

I think that we have a similar problem with the Castlevania games, but several wrongs do not make a right, and Matthew has said that we need to revise them.

Antvasima said:
The greatest attack technique does not mean the greatest power overall in terms of scale, and if the characters have displayed extremely more limited physical statistics, we should not scale them from creation feats.
I think that we have a similar problem with the Castlevania games, but several wrongs do not make a right, and Matthew has said that we need to revise them.
it verbatim means greatest attack he could only be talking about his best technique since he has the chakra to do so. It should out scale his creation feat in AP.

I am very doubtful, as fiction is recurrently extremely inconsistent in this area. You should ask some other staff members to help out here, preferably administrators and discussion moderators: VS Battles Staff

Also, I asked Matthew to start a revision for Castlevania.

You can argue Naruto as a verse has greater AP than DC when it comes to their physical statistics like 8 Gates Guy punching through Madara's TSO which can tank Juubidama despite his punches doing nowhere near the same amount of DC as the Juubi or Naruto palming through GWRE with physical strength yet his punch only made a slight crater in the Moon etc. but i feel like this should be dealt with in another thread

Greatest Technique doesn't equal thousands of times more powerful without proof.

If it was proven to be by her own power, then there is no reason not to have her main attacks backscale.

We don't give Roshi a 5-C tier with a certain attack just for the moon busting feat in DB, we ignore that and move on, but unlike that, this is scaling to the god tiers and has a level of consistency.

Well, are we going to put a note on the profile or not? the team is not showing much in favor of the profile, so I doubt we will go any further than that...

Has anybody asked several other staff members to help us out here?

GTsek said:
Well, are we going to put a note on the profile or not? the team is not showing much in favor of the profile, so I doubt we will go any further than that...
I am fine with if somebody writes a footnote for the Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki page.

Damage3245 said:
@NotCensored; the fact that the feat didn't happen at all in the manga means that it takes precedence over the light novel and we should ignore the feat.
i thought only Contradict/overwritten feat should be ignore

if secondery canon does not Contradict prmary canon or secondery canon wasnt retcon by prmary canon than its fine to use

LN naruto and sasuke vs momo differ from manga

• so we use manga over LN since it its overwritten by manga
LN Momoshiki created dimension and manga version is unknown

• so we use LN feat since LN did not Contradict nor it was retcon by manga
LN Momoshiki's transformation differ from manga

• we use manga over LN since it its overwritten by manga
LN Momoshiki's absorb energy from star/planet while in manga he only eat chakra pill to power up

• so we use manga over LN since it its overwritten by manga
what i am trying to say that we can add or use any feats from LN as long it does not Contradict/overwritten by manga

@Omimi; you've just stated that pretty much everything has been overwritten by the manga, so there is nothing where we should be using the light novel.

Three characters are directly affected by Momoshiki's exploits, so I think if they agree with the note on the profile, we should put 2 notes on Momoshiki's profile, one of speed and one of AP, and on Naruto and Sasuke's profiles, a speed note for each.

Damage3245 said:
@Omimi; you've just stated that pretty much everything has been overwritten by the manga, so there is nothing where we should be using the light novel.

The novel is accepted as canon from the publishers themself. It doesn't really matter what we say. We don't have to use it as canon which we obviously don't do. But just like we do for all of the other verses with multiple canons; we are allowed to make profiles for the different canons.

I don't see how you have a problem with that at all.

Omimi said:
it was Damage3245 who gave us the idea for LN profile in last crt
Yes, a separate profile is better than adding notes to the character's existing profiles.

I have some problems:

>He was even draining the chakra that was beyond the parallel dimension he'd made. Sasuke could clearly see the stream with his rinnegan. It could mean only one thing. "Don't tell me he's...!" "Aa. He plans to indiscriminately eat up all of this star's chakra." They couldn't allow such a thing to happen. This wasn't a problem of scrambling for the bijuu anymore. This was a question of whether mankind who lived on this star would be able to greet tomorrow. "There will be destruction."

The calc about the speed is based on the fact that he is absorbing chakra from that "star" using the minimun distance "of 7,500 light years away" but it isn't a star, as I said the kanji of planet and star is the same and depends on the context, in this case, the "mankind who lived on this star" is clealry a Planet where people live, so the calc is complety invalid. It wasn't even accepted but JS.

>with at least a star and is parallel with the real world which has a starry sky 4-A

Why we are assuming that the parralel dimension has the same number of stars to the naruto universe? it is, just as the name suggest, a parallel dimension, why we are assuming that the dimension has all the stars of the starry sky in naruto manga?

Also regarding this sca, why should have some sorta of influence? it is just the sun of the main dimension not the sun of the dimension of momoshiki.

The context of the scans is iffy, the translations too.

What dude ƒÿ¡ƒñú^its because it's a parallel dimension. That's why we assume it in the first place.

I don't really care ablut the speed of the absorption. I don't see how it scales to movement speed or anything

Also there literally is a sun in Momoshiki's dimension. Matter of fact did u watch the movie??? That scene is in Momoshiki's dimension. That's his sun. ƒºÉ

AstralKing7 said:
What dude ƒÿ¡ƒñú^its because it's a parallel dimension. That's why we assume it in the first place.

I don't really care ablut the speed of the absorption. I don't see how it scales to movement speed or anything

Also there literally is a sun in Momoshiki's dimension
It would possibly scale to CS because Sasuke was able to observe the stream of chakra clearly with his Rinnegan.

@UchihaSlayer96; that pretty much means absolutely nothing in terms of Sasuke's ratings. Just because you can see something happening over a period of time, doesn't mean you scale to it.

well, the difference between 4C and 4A is quite huge, also 4C feats need timeframe.
Being parallel doens't mean it has the number of stars.

Also why a supposed 4A being need to absorbs energy form a planet to fight Naruto, sasuke and Boruto? Also the end of the novel is the same as the anime, boruto surprised Momoshiki with the invisible rasegan, and then defeated him with the final rasengan, by reading it, you can easily understand their stats aren't that high.

basing all the post on "dimension he'd made" when we don't even know if the traslation is correct, since I have already proved how the translation can be iffy, and there are not other phrases that confirm that, plus the fact that he need to absorbs energy from a planet to fight Naruto when he should be 4A by scaling to Naruto main dimensions it is just wrong for me.

So I disagree.

@Ant

"We decided to not create a profile or a key for novels version Momoshiki, as the plot didn't differ too much from the main canon. Given that, he is allowed to be used on matches with a 4-A rating and all his new abilities, such as X, Y and Z"

The verse page should also be edited, as well as the discussion rules page

M3X said:
@Ant

"We decided to not create a profile or a key for novels version Momoshiki, as the plot didn't differ too much from the main canon. Given that, he is allowed to be used on matches with a 4-A rating and all his new abilities, such as X, Y and Z"

The verse page should also be edited, as well as the discussion rules page
I think that the footnote should simply mention why we did not create an additional profile for him, and that this version has separate 4-A creation statistics.

I'm not even sure if that's been accepted by any other staff members yet, so I wouldn't be able to add it yet.

Okay. Feel free to ask a few of them to give an evaluation here regarding the issue in question.

Tyri456 said:
well, the difference between 4C and 4A is quite huge, also 4C feats need timeframe.
Being parallel doens't mean it has the number of stars.

Also why a supposed 4A being need to absorbs energy form a planet to fight Naruto, sasuke and Boruto? Also the end of the novel is the same as the anime, boruto surprised Momoshiki with the invisible rasegan, and then defeated him with the final rasengan, by reading it, you can easily understand their stats aren't that high.

basing all the post on "dimension he'd made" when we don't even know if the traslation is correct, since I have already proved how the translation can be iffy, and there are not other phrases that confirm that, plus the fact that he need to absorbs energy from a planet to fight Naruto when he should be 4A by scaling to Naruto main dimensions it is just wrong for me.

So I disagree.
1. There draining chakra from beyond it

2. Yes on several occasions it is said to be parallel to Naruto's dimension

3. All translations I've come across has said so, I am friends with one of the translators, also the translator of the one I linked is shown to reliable, the planet star thing is to do with the vagueness of the kanji.

4. Nobody said there was potency involved with the speed feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back