• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 4 King of Fighters and Sky Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooooh shiiiit boyz.

First up, SNK Heroines is 100% canon to the KOF verse.
Screenshot 20190214-220405 Chrome
http://kofworld.com/anime/exclusive...ut-snk-heroines-kof-manga-and-anime-and-more/ And explains that Shermie and other previously dead characters are now alive again.

Before you consider this a crossover game of some kind, Skullomania is a guest character just like the Million Arthur girl and not part of the canon story at all.

Anyways, Kukri (sand guy) creates a pocket Dimension and traps girls he considers cute inside to turn them into sand statues. https://youtu.be/1xkEY1XWmYA (Every single scenario states that this is a pocket dimension of his own making.) And could turn Terry into a woman for as long as he was in there, so that is some hax. [[File:Screenshot_20190214-220654_YouTube.jpg|thumb]

The Canon couple that saves the rest is considered to be Athena and Kula (Since they get unique interactions and are in the game's cover.) The pocket dimension has a Sun. Which would result in a 4-C rating, based on what ive seen.

Screenshot 20190214-221132 YouTube
Also, i just came across this Touhou like game that is also canon to KOF (released on the Xbox 360) https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/KOF_Sky_Stage Chizuru gave Kula Diamond, Kyo Kusanagi, Terry, Mai and Iori the power to Fly. (Exept Athena cuz she could aparently fly with her psychic powers). And this would also give them all Danmaku. https://youtu.be/FTyUG1A1klE

Flight and Danmaku for the 6 playable characters in KOF Sky Stage.

World does mean Planet or Universe, so they could be upgraded to planet level, Universe is a biiiit too much of a jump. (Can damage enemies that can hurt them) Durability (Endured the collapse of the Sealed world)

---

Or...High 4-C. (Can fight Kukri, who created a pocket Dimension that contains a sun)

---

Both games are indeed canon, but some might find the jump from Tier 7 to tier 5 or 4 a bit too big.

I always had them at 6-C (I think that's multi continental, Idk all the letter and numbers for tiers) because of the manga so planet ain't too drastic.

Yes there are multiple manga series and some of them are not canon but the ones that are have iori and kyo destroying anartica and the zero satilate having more consistent "reshape the world" evidence.

Unfortunately scans are scarce and I'd rather not spend all week on japanese sites looking. iirc didn't kukri mention something about gaining enough energy from the girls to merge his world with the real one?

Oh yeah, on the cutscenes.

I wonder if that woulf lead to tier 2, but...when jumps are this big, most of the staff might claim it is an outlier.

Screenshot 20190215-115847 YouTube

The problem is the disparity in levels, given context the low-end for Sky stage feat could be tier 5, but the SNK heroines feat can't go lower than tier 4 if that's a sun in the background.

I'm not sure if the the tier 4 would support tier 5 and viceversa.

that aside the abilities they display can be added without issue.

I see, i have had a lot of problem getting anything above tier 4 approved, so i suppose i should wait until a lot of people (which might be impossible since most people here are from the US, and KOF has never been popular in there), say that they do at least, think the feats are okay.

Based on Nakoruru's SNK Heroines ending, it is implied that the version that is in KOF 14 and SNK Heroines is indeed Guardian of Nature Nakoruru, as she also transforms into a ball of light like in the Samurai Showdown 2 ending.

She did expect to be able to take on Verse on her own on a physical form she adopts to interact to people of the future.

Since both chinese girl and Love Heart are from "another worlds" and Nakoruru snatched them from them, i think she should have

Non-corporeal existence, time travel, dimensional manipulation, longevity, i have no idea if she "dies" if her physical body is killed, and At least 7-A AP for being able to fight verse and being confident in being able to take him down on her own.

7-B (Samurai Showdown) / At least 7-A (As the guardian of Nature)

Now, everytime i try upgrading anything past tier 4, it creates a shitstorm, so i will leave 4-B/2-C SNK Heroines up to you people.

The evidence is all in the OP.

Kula, Kyo, Iori, Athena, Terry and Mai should all be given flight and danmaku.

Kyo Kusanagi, Iori and Chizuru should also have Sealing (Orochi)

Athena should have imortality type 4 because she is the reincarnation of the Goddess Athena frrom the SNK game Athena, and likee her Saint Seiya counterpart, killing her body would just make her soul wait a bit for another Athena to reincarnate as.

and according to her original snk game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWbqQnDhsLQ), she also can turn into a fire phoenix and has a sword that throws psychic sparks of lightning, and maybe explotion manipulation since the enemies flat out explote and crumble down when hit by the sparks.

All KOF characters should have Ki Manipulation (by charging their energy Dragon Ball style in 94', 95' and others.)

Well, what do you have doubt about?

Sand guy creates a pocker dimension with a sun inside and says that once it is fully powered up, it could merge it with reality.

and, do you doubt Nakoruru becoming thee guardian of nature? I think the Samurai Showdown 2 ending is pretty clear cut.

Also the supposed "Tier 2" stuff is anything but. Merging a pocket dimension is only the tier of said pocket dimension. And I see no sun in any of the pics and videos you send.

Well, maybe not tier 2, i thought merging pocket dimensions would. But i am now abandoning the tier 2 claim if you are correct.

And there are sunsets and different time zone variations for the stages.

Okay, but do we see any sun or stars? Just a sky isn't exactly enough. And just from watching the cutscene I see that the bad guy needed prep time and to collect energy over time to merge the pocket dimension which shows that it ain't a casual thing.

He needed time to collect energy to merge it to the real world, but the creation of the realm itself is not shown.

Let me see thru some more stages, just to make it a bit more clear. But i do think the sunset alone should imply that a sun is there.

Not only all "waking dreams" are different from the events of the game itself, Nakoruru still didnt wake from any dream.

(Kula looking for icecream has nothing to do with Kukri)

If anything it is a situation similar to Fire Emblem Heroes, where the pocket dimension maker can bring people into his dimension (as shown in the prologues, where everyone inside wakes into the pocket realm).

Hell, Terry was not even a girl in his ending.

I think the game is pretty much real and the endings are all of them waking back into reality with their own, unrelated dreams.

Dude, almost all characters wake up from dreams regardless. The whole game is wildly out of sync with the rest of the series with people breaking the fourth wall and Kukri being massively out of character compared to KoF 14.

The simple conclusion from this pattern with all endings is that the game wasn't literally happening, or at least that's the implication. It's a joke spin-off not meant to be taken seriously.

I do disagree with that, since the gamee was indeed confirmed 100% canon by Oda as shown in the OP. He wouldnt say it was a "NEW STORY" of THE canon if it was just a stupid spin-off like that. And Kukri has always been a creep.

The endings are unrelated to the events of the game, implying that they just returned to reality in their sleep, not that thee game itself was a dream on its own.

Well, while we can discuss this later, how are the abilities i found looking up?

Hans, there is no new story, this game doesn't progress the plot at all. It is canon in the sense that yes, it is an event in the KoF timeline but not that the story of Kukri teleporting the girls to another dimension is real.

And so what, what's to say that they weren't having other dreams as well, which would just be logical to deduce from how the game is presented and whatnot.

As for powers, I think Danmaku is just game mechanics and all the others are far too speculatory and the scans are not remotely enough proof of your suppositions, such as Omnipresence and Space-Time Manipulation.

The director calls it Canon, so it is. The events of the game are "A Story after KOF 14".

I do not think so, but lets agree to disagree.

---

Danmaku is something Athena does in the first stage against the player, and everyone scales to her, Kyo scales to his clone, Kusanagi, who also danmakus.

Nakoruru is flat out shown traveling thru time (Samurai Showdown takes place in ancient japan) to the present (KOF, which is at least after 1994 and she is flat out seen with a smartphone) and she becomes an uncorporeal "guardian of nature".

Just look at her Samurai Showdown 2 and SNK Heroines endinng for more proof.

STUFF that is being suggeested in this Thread:

• Nakoruru should have time travel, uncorporeality and immortality type 1 and a At least 7-A form as the "Guardian of Nature." (Was confident in being able to take down Verse into oblivion on her own.)
  • All Sacred Weapon users are given Sealing.
  • Athena should have type 4 immortality, her lightning sword, her phoenix form.
  • Kyo, Iori, Terry, Mai, Kula and Athena be given danmaku and flight.
  • AP upgrade to 4-C for everyone in the cast since everyone scales to the girls and because of they are able to defeat Kukri and his pocket dimension (that contains a sun)
  • Consider the KOF Sky Stage possible tier 6 feat.
  • Kukri be given limited reality manipulation (transforming Terry into a girl), pocket realm creation and maybe emotional manip? (Draining "despair" from the defeated heroines).

That is all.

I can agree with the Sealing for the Trio and Nakururu being able to Time Travel.

Verse has not space-time manip. by itself, it's that since it has the souls of characters from other series it influences space-time and caused char. from other words to be brought in the KoF one.

Nakururu thought that she can fight Verse, but admitted the she was mistaken, which does not upgrade her.

Not sure about the other abilities for Nakururu, maybe the abilities suggested for Athena [She is supposed to be the reincarnation of a powerful goddess] comes from her own original game which i have not seen, but unsure.

Tag Team Frenzy takes place in a dream dimension, which does not remotely scale to the real world, here Kukri wanted to power-up and use a statue to merge the regular dimension and his dream own, but the game despite being considered canon behaves like is not supposed to be taken seriously [A Chibi Orochi appears in an ending], so i'm neutral.

Lastly, most KoF manga's are not canon to the games and i'm waiting for Aguila calc to be evalueted, so i will upgrade or downgrade some KoF char.

Note: Since Op got unfortunately blocked, i will close the thread but i will add the abilities i'm fine with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back