• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
...If Joe and Terry try to use a ranged attack, the first thing Gargano and Theory would do is dodge. Not try and hit their finisher.
Please explain how are they dodging ranged attacks with an AoE that's taller and wider than yo momma.
WWE guys have literally fought on in matches where they have took finishing moves, Theory and Gargano being no exception.
A hurricane and three geysers to the face are not at all comparable to a punch or cool wrestling move.
It says he has to charge his Ki in order to perform it. Is there a specific charging time for it?
It's instant.

Theory and Gargano have tanked finisher moves in matches and have still fought on, and finishers are already massively above a wrestler's normal moves. The bottom of the barrel of the WWE verse harmed and nearly defeated one of the best wrestlers on the planet with a finishing move.
thats just stamina if finishers are literally known to finish you off, Terry and Higashi's regular punches harm characters that are 2.8 MJ, Chi with special moves allows them to increase that further alongside Special Moves being well Special that deal more damage then the regular Chi attack.
...If Joe and Terry try to use a ranged attack, the first thing Gargano and Theory would do is dodge. Not try and hit their finisher.
AOE baby, its a beautiful thing, they may dodge some but dodging multiple Tornados that can pick you up off the ground like nothing and multiple Geysers of pure Ki energy are gonna be a pain in the ass to keep dodging.

thats just stamina if finishers are literally known to finish you off,
Exactly. My point is that Theory and Gargano are not going to be finished off by one super move.

Terry and Higashi's regular punches harm characters that are 2.8 MJ, Chi with special moves allows them to increase that further alongside Special Moves being well Special that deal more damage then the regular Chi attack.
And finishers in wrestling are so powerful that literally the bottom of the barrel for the verse can almost defeat one of the best wrestlers on the planet with it.

AOE baby, its a beautiful thing, they may dodge some but dodging multiple Tornados that can pick you up off the ground like nothing and multiple Geysers of pure Ki energy are gonna be a pain in the ass to keep dodging.
That's fair.

Exactly. My point is that Theory and Gargano are not going to be finished off by one super move. And finishers in wrestling are so powerful that literally the bottom of the barrel for the verse can almost defeat one of the best wrestlers on the planet with it.
I never said they were going to be finished off by the super moves, i'm saying they're going to deal far more damage then normal punches or special moves.

I never said they were going to be finished off by the super moves, i'm saying they're going to deal far more damage then normal punches or special moves.
Of course they're going to do more damage than normal moves. My main point was that Theory and Gargano can continue to fight despite that.

Of course they're going to do more damage than normal moves. My main point was that Theory and Gargano can continue to fight despite that.
characters in fatal fury constantly tank super moves and still get up from it, constantly getting throw through walls of varying material (some stone or metal) in the stages, some of these fights going for entire days, they've got the stamina to keep up. of course one good finisher could end the fight but those would have to land which is gonna difficult with these characters acrobatics (literally doing mid-air combos), having relatively equal if not superior skill showing (superior to Geese who mastered every known martial arts), and spammable range attacks (some with really good AOE).

TerryTripleGeyser.gif

Also idk that looks pretty instant. I should probably point this out but the background flash is actually a freeze frame (For example, pay attention to how Black Terry freezes if you want proof), it's not taking a whole second to charge up, it's basically slow motion.

Supers are practically instant, all it requires is a hand movement (in a certain direction) for them to happen, they'll be pretty difficult to predict and dodge when a literal burst of Ki or a Tornado both with decent AOE appear right in front of you or below you.

TerryTripleGeyser.gif

Also idk that looks pretty instant. I should probably point this out but the background flash is actually a freeze frame (For example, pay attention to how Black Terry freezes if you want proof), it's not taking a whole second to charge up, it's basically slow motion.
Can you show me a gif of it without the freeze frame to make it easier? I'll give you a cookie if you do.

Also, can you respond to the Axiom feat I showed you?

Though just in case, here's a description for Axiom:

characters in fatal fury constantly tank super moves and still get up from it, constantly getting throw through walls of varying material (some stone or metal) in the stages, some of these fights going for entire days, they've got the stamina to keep up. of course one good finisher could end the fight but those would have to land which is gonna difficult with these characters acrobatics (literally doing mid-air combos), having relatively equal if not superior skill showing (superior to Geese who mastered every known martial arts), and spammable range attacks (some with really good AOE).
Gargano and Theory's IR help dodge a portion of their attacks.

Also, can you respond to the Axiom feat I showed you?
Hard to judge without knowing what exactly it is he's calculating to help him out, it's probably something, but it is a tad vague. It does qualify as skill/intel thou, how good I can not say without info they do not give though.

Hard to judge without knowing what exactly it is he's calculating to help him out, it's probably something, but it is a tad vague. It does qualify as skill/intel thou, how good I can not say without info they do not give though.
It does state he quickly analyzes and reacts to his opponents, so it is safe assume he's analyzing his opponents movements by using mathematical formulas in his head, and then quickly reacts to it.

Anyways, my overall verdict on this match is that it's an Incon.

Both teams have numerous win cons that can be pulled off if given the chance.

I'd argue this is a stomp in the FF team's favor, but today I just don't have time to write a comprehensive comment about why I think so.

Yeah but the formula and to what extent still matters a bit. It could be like a dragonfly (yes they do that, kinda, just add math to it), or is it like Batman, Metagross, Raiden shit where it's basically supercomputers and they've analyzed every move you could possibly do, how you'll do it, when you'll do it and what to counter with it.
I really have no idea how to respond to this.

All I can say about the feat is that Axiom can use mathematical formulas in his head to analyze and react to his opponents.

I've asked many staff members about the feat to very mixed results.

H̵e̵'̵s̵ ̵r̵i̵g̵h̵t̵ ̵y̵o̵u̵ ̵k̵n̵o̵w̵ ̵
I guarantee if Patou were to make an explanation, he'd explain why the skill gap is too big for the WWE wrestlers to do anything against, as well as mention those super moves, as well as LS. Basically everything that was already mentioned here.

Super short, it's not even a skill issue, it's because you're putting people who fight like real humans and live in a realistic world vs the top tiers of a verse where everyone breaks every physical limit irl humans are subjected to.

Toss in there stats, projectiles, stamina and the rest, and your meal's ready.

Super short, it's not even a skill issue, it's because you're putting people who fight like real humans and live in a realistic world vs the top tiers of a verse where everyone breaks every physical limit irl humans are subjected to.

Toss in there stats, projectiles, stamina and the rest, and your meal's ready.
We had an entire discussion about this already.

And based on the arguments each side has made, this is far from a stomp.

The Way has clear distinct advantages over Team FF, and Team FF has clear distinct advantages over The Way.

I mean, to be fair, the giant flaming explosions and energy attacks might be a tad much for WWE, especially without any real heat res.

it's because you're putting people who fight like real humans and live in a realistic world vs the top tiers of a verse where everyone breaks every physical limit irl humans are subjected to.
They’re… both still verses that focus on Superhuman practisers of martial arts. FF obviously holds some wackier stuff, but it’s not like WWE Wrestlers are just guys. They present Superhuman abilities all the time

They’re… both still verses that focus on Superhuman practisers of martial arts. FF obviously holds some wackier stuff, but it’s not like WWE Wrestlers are just guys. They present Superhuman abilities all the time
What Pika said.

Back