• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 AP & Range Separation?

Thank you for helping out to you as well. 🙏

For all of these suggestions, parts where words were added, changed, or removed were bolded.

Interdimensional should be changed to something like:

Most higher ranges should have "throughout" changed to "anywhere within", but I would also suggest some minor grammar changes. i.e. Hyperversal could end up as:

I'd change High Hyperversal to:

That's the minimum change I'd want, but beyond that I'd also suggest further changes to the range ratings to line up with our Tiering System more properly, such as changing Hyperversal to:

I'd also suggest adding an Extradimensional range to cover the holes these new definitions leave, which would be along the lines of:

So in summary there are four suggested changes, that are all related:
  1. Reword Interdimensional range to be more clearly limited.
  2. Alter higher-dimensional ranges to mention being "anywhere within".
  3. Alter higher-dimensional ranges further to line up more properly with our Tiering System definitions.
  4. Add Extradimensional range to cover the new holes in the range system.
The distinction between Interdimensional and Extradimensional range seems extremely silly to me. They're effectively just different degrees of the same basic ability (Reaching outside of the universe without actually crossing an universal distance), so separating them is just pointless.

The rest seems fine.

fwiw I agree with you, but Ant vetoed a merge of the two.

Yes, given how relatively commonplace our current version of Interdimensional range is within fiction, via teleportation between different universes and the like, I want to keep it distinctive from what Agnaa suggested in order to avoid misunderstandings regarding that the ability is far greater than what has been demonstrated.

Agnaa, do you have any suggestions for some kind of solution that can satisfy everybody involved here?

Okay, can you try again to explain the full implications of what you intend for Interdimensional then?

My main problems are that I want to maintain a hierarchical increase, with your version transcending the reach of even Multiversal+ to higher-dimensional degrees, if I have understood correctly; as well as that teleportation to, or otherwise affecting, single parallell universes in a limited manner seems to be a rather specific and common ability within fiction.

In addition, I would prefer if we do not have to initiate any major wiki revision projects due to very significantly changed standards.

Interdimensional (merged with Extradimensional) would cover all ranges that break the hierarchical increase, by being greater in some directions but lesser in others.

Extradimensional, as worded right now, wouldn't necessarily transcend the reach of Multiversal+, as it would have to cover effects as small as being able to effect a single house in 3 timelines at the same time.

I think a comparably sized wiki revision project would be necessary no matter what we do, as many pages don't treat Interdimensional as you'd want; where it can only reach into single parallel universes. For example, Scion (Worm)
Interdimensional (Has several abilities that can affect every single universe at once, of which there are at least 10^90, if not many more. Can act as a bridge between every universe and manipulate different possible versions of others and himself. Exists as a 4-D entity and can move in 4-D directions. Can access Shardspace, which exists beyond the reach of 4-D movement)
I think just expanding the definition of Interdimensional would require the fewest changes, but it sounds like it would still need some, as some characters get higher-D ranges despite not being able to cover the entirety of those realms.

I hope this hits on all of the most important points, since I'm about to go to sleep.

Well, the Scion page seems to simply have misunderstood what Interdimensional meant by mixing it up with Multiversal.

However, I suppose that what I have in mind for Interdimensional might technically be incorporated into what I have in mind for Low Multiversal (as a minimum form of it), which would free up the word "Interdimensional" for you to use.

Also, if I eventually accept this, you would need to both make the new definitions easy for our members and visitors to understand, and also organise and considerably help out with a wiki-spanning revision project to apply our new standards to all character and item pages in our wiki. Are you willing to do so?

To be clear, Scion has Interdimensional since, iirc, its influence doesn't extend beyond Earth in any of those timelines.

I'm interested and concerned by what your revision of Low Multiversal would be, since I think that rating would be best left mostly untouched.

I think the definition will be simple enough, and I was already planning to create and help out with a thread announcing this change and organising the application of it.

Last edited:
Well, as far as I recall from my previous statement about Low Multiversal range, it would cover affecting objects or areas within up to a thousand different universes at the same time.

Such a revision would run into conflict with the one I'm talking about here.

I'm trying to change the ranges so that they increase hierarchically when possible, with Interdimensional (and Extradimensional, if that's used) covering cases where it isn't.

Giving Low Multiversal for feats like that would make Low Multiversal not a hierarchical increase.

Okay. So remind me what you have in mind in that regard again please. I keep juggling many different tasks here and IRL, and easily forget if discussions here are spread out over considerable time-spans.

I would personally prefer to avoid drastic far-reaching revisions given that we need to initiate more important revisions, such as adding standard infoboxes to the upper right side of our profile pages, and preferably need to apply bold text for all of our official intelligence, stamina, and range statistics as well.

Ranges above Universal would only cover attacks which could reach anywhere within certain constructs. The ranges from Low Multiversal through Multiversal+ already work this way, but Low Complex Multiversal and above don't.

Attacks that can reach parts of, but not anywhere within, these constructs would get Interdimensional(/Extradimensional).

Well, again, I would much prefer more minimal and easily manageable revisions here, due to all of the reasons I have stated above, including other significantly more crucial planned upcoming projects, so I maintain my support for my own suggested solutions here.

I am also not currently sure why the "extradimensional" tier cannot be covered by "low multiversal" and above, and think that it seems to cram together a wide variety of different range scales into a single definition, but I likely simply do not remember well.

As I said, I don't think any solutions would be particularly manageable.

We have inconsistencies right now in how range ratings are given out for high-tiered pages. Literally any solution we settle on will require wide revisions.

Okay, but I think that my suggested solutions are just clarifications or slight tweakings of our existing standards, possibly combined with an extra range tier ("Extradimensional") that can be added gradually to the pages that qualify, so it wouldn't require sudden massively time-consuming wiki-spanning overhaul projects as far as I am aware.

As such I still support going down that path, especially given that I have two much more crucial projects planned currently.

Bump.

So, would these solutions require their own separate threads?

No, not really, especially as we have already extensively discussed the issue here, and I do not want to have to go through it all again.

I think that it seems much preferable if we apply our agreed compromise solution, possibly with a few more tweaks to what "Interdimensional" is intended to mean.

For further information in that regard, please read all of my posts from this one and forward:

I think that it seems much preferable if we apply our agreed compromise solution, possibly with a few more tweaks to what "Interdimensional" is intended to mean.

For further information in that regard, please read all of my posts from this one and forward:

Bump. I'm fine with this, for the record.

Bump. I'm fine with this, for the record.
Thank you for your support. 🙏
@Qawsedf234 @Agnaa @DarkDragonMedeus @LordGriffin1000 @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa

This is how far I am willing to compromise. I am afraid that I will not agree with a very extreme revision completely on Agnaa's terms here.

Here is the compromise that I agreed with, which would not redefine our system to an extent that would require too enormous amounts of resulting work, and rather act as a clarification and add a new type of range, "Extradimensional", but from what I recall, Agnaa then significantly changed his mind, and wanted much more drastic changes.

Here is the compromise that I agreed with, which would not redefine our system to an extent that would require too enormous amounts of resulting work, and rather act as a clarification and add a new type of range, "Extradimensional", but from what I recall, Agnaa then significantly changed his mind, and wanted much more drastic changes.

Would you mind if i have some opinion on this?? (Other staffs is too busy to ask for permission)

1. Since @Agnaa want to make new range type, does Extradimensional range also covered Interdimensiomal range?, because if there two range rating is separated, it gonna be excessively tiresome when apply to the profile, if a character capable of both interdimensional range and extradimensional range we gonna need to list them both

2. I always have gripe on feat that can reach to higher dimension, but counldn't cover the entirety of said higher dimension, for example character A fire a projectile up to a 1-B dimension, or character B create a path up to 1-B realm. Due to the nature of these feats they are inherently isn't Hyperversal since they didn't cover the entirely of such construct and list them as Hyperversal range is kinda, misleading in catergory term. So i always envision that Interdimensional, or in this case @Agnaa 's Extradimensional range should cover these kind of feats, abilities. This is my concern

Anyway, this is it you can delete this if you find my comment unnecessary (and technically i'm violated the rule cause not having permission first) but thank you for hear me out

Would you mind if i have some opinion on this?? (Other staffs is too busy to ask for permission)

1. Since @Agnaa want to make new range type, does Extradimensional range also covered Interdimensiomal range?, because if there two range rating is separated, it gonna be excessively tiresome when apply to the profile, if a character capable of both interdimensional range and extradimensional range we gonna need to list them both

2. I always have gripe on feat that can reach to higher dimension, but counldn't cover the entirety of said higher dimension, for example character A fire a projectile up to a 1-B dimension, or character B create a path up to 1-B realm. Due to the nature of these feats they are inherently isn't Hyperversal since they didn't cover the entirely of such construct and list them as Hyperversal range is kinda, misleading in catergory term. So i always envision that Interdimensional, or in this case @Agnaa 's Extradimensional range should cover these kind of feats, abilities. This is my concern

Anyway, this is it you can delete this if you find my comment unnecessary (and technically i'm violated the rule cause not having permission first) but thank you for hear me out
@Antvasima

@Antvasima

After looking at Agnaa's compromise solution, I currently doubt that the "Extradimensional" definition that he suggested seems necessary. I am not sure what holes that it is supposed to cover.

"Interdimensional" as I envision it should simply be to be able to reach into other universes or similar through different powers without affecting them in their entirety, and that's it.

I think that the other suggestions that Agnaa made in the post linked below seem fine to apply.

https://vsbattles.com/threads/tier-1-ap-range-separation.135395/post-5950561

Last edited:
Back