• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thoughts on the New Death Battle?

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
Shredder VS Silver Samurai DEATH BATTLE!
Shredder VS Silver Samurai DEATH BATTLE!

Death Battle seems to be on a roll right now. The analysis is accurate again. Silver Samurai and Normal Composite Shredder seem close, but Super Shredder really stomps it. The fast ninja sprite battle looked smooth and swift. I look forward to the next battle.

While I understand that they have a spotty history, is there anything in this particular episode that stood out in a positive or negative light?

In my opinion, they didn't need to make a composite Shredder since most of the feats came from the 2012 Shredder.

Firestorm808 said:
While I understand that they have a spotty history, is there anything in this particular episode that stood out in a positive or negative light?
Bomberman vs Dig Dug. And this is coming from somebody who thinks bomberman is planet. As well as the reasoning for Tails vs Luigi. They used Archie Tails (They gave Tails an archie comics feat in the analysis) so the result is probably right, but they lowballed Luigi hard.

The main thing I watch Death Battle for nowadays is the clean animation. They have some seriously good animators on their team, especially Torrian. But overall, I thought the fight was pretty good. I was rooting for Silver Samurai, but I knew if they used composite Shredder he was going down hard.

I can't be the only one who thought they were using Steel Samurai from Ace Attorney, was I? Steel Samurai legit stomps up until Tengu Shredder.

Thematically, the fight sounds awesome, and really, thematics is all I look forward too. Composite Shredder (excluding the original Oroku Saki) would stomp pretty hard though.

Technically, 2003 Shredder ranged from an Utrom alien to an actual demon, so they couldn't use him.

Sans the Demon Shredder, the strongest Shredder we have so far is 2012. Dude's an absolute beast, dude solo'd all four of the TMNT after tanking a rocket launcher to the face like nothing.

They don't, really. Master Splinter is pretty much the only character capable of matching the Shredder 1v1. That, and his hubris tends to get the better of him.

Probably be a good idea. I'm still in Season 3 so I'm not sure what he's capable of yet, though.

Based on what they showed in the DB above:

• Lifted and threw a tanker truck likely filled with fuel
  • Survived getting hit by said tanker truck
  • Survived said tanker truck exploding
  • Sword could not pierce skin
There are more abilities here but with spoilers.

Perfect honesty here? Even with the differences from our methods of classifying characters, their battle boils down to the same thing that ours would: A durability-negating sword is only going to get you so far against someone tougher, stronger and more skilled in combat than you in the extreme.

At the end of the day though, ScrewAttack's Death Battle is about entertainment, and I feel like they succeed in that consistently enough even with the inaccuracies here and there. They definitely delivered in this episode imo; the animation was great, and the theme (a pop culture Ninja VS Samurai fight) was worth getting excited over.

Honestly, what they did was somewhat acurrate if they haven't messed up SS's speed. And I'm not talking about powerscaling, which is ok if they don't use due to people's opinion on it in general. What I'm getting at is thier SS feat. Shredder could've already drawn out the blade when he cut the candle that wan't visible to the eye but they used the peak reaction speed despite the Mob boss likely being normal human. Meanwhile, the didn't take account of the fact SS also had to draw his entire 3-foot blade out of the scabbard and bringing it up when deflecting the bullet.

Honestly, when you boil it down, speed hardly even mattered in this fight to begin with. They're both comparable enough that they would easily keep up with each other in a fight, even if you speculate on the feats provided. The main problem is that (2012) Shredder took on eight named mutants who could keep up with his speed and still won handily, whereas Samurai regularly loses to smaller numbers of people with similar speed.

There's also the fact that Samurai's only means of killing Shredder was by using the sword. Meanwhile, base Shredder (both 2003 and 2012) is strong enough to basically rip his arm off.

Back