• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thorn-type effects, Attack Reflection or something else?

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Certain games have "thorn effects", where whenever the thorn-user is attacked physically, whoever attacked them receives some damage. This damage isn't based on the strength of the attack, but is usually a set amount or based on the thorn-user's own attack value. Thorn effects can also inflict status effects when the user is struck.

Does something like this go under Attack Reflection or some other ability?

This is like Thunder McQuee, in a way

Probably just status effects, then explain it.

Pretty sure effects like this generally are based on attack strength though.

No, he's referring to something else.

Say the target has a buff of "thorns" on. I shoot him, then am damaged by the game for that amount of damage. That's what agnaa's talking about, not DoTs.

Yes, both lose HP. The attacker loses HP based on either a flat number, or based on the defender's power. The attacker doesn't lose damage based on the strength of their attack.

All the examples I can think of have it based on the power of the attack you use, unless you mean to separate that as well.

I'm thinking of World of Warcraft, and a game I'm making profiles for (Defender's Quest). They both don't have it based on the power of the attack you use.

I'd say just call it status effect inducement and explain it, it's AP anyways.

Back