• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This ain't no april, FOOL! Rei Ogami vs Natsu Dragneel. Fire users fight for superiority.

^ this

But How strong is his resistance btw because Current Natsu's Power Null is potent enough to permanently erase someone's ability to use their power.

Zackra1799 said:
^ this
But How strong is his resistance btw because Current Natsu's Power Null is potent enough to permanently erase someone's ability to use their power.
That's type, not potency.

Though as i said, this entire case was about the blue flame. Belphegor still works wonders.

Obviously Natsu eats the fire, gains the fire that erases nothingness, then one-shots with Friendship, after all, Friendship>>>>>>>>>>Hax

In that case it doesn't matter.

As things stand rn we assume that Natsu will likely make the first move and Rei will start of with blue flames, which Natsu and his flames resist. He gets one shotted before he can even use the black flames, no? And even if not, Natsu could just punch him to death with his physical strength.

If he sees massive waves of flames coming for him he can easily just black flame them. He's pretty skilled and very smart despite the fact that you don't see me arguing for it in the skill debates. He can just cover himself in black flames.

As for the physical strength, not exactly happening. If he gets close he'll get mind haxed to levels i doubt he has ever resisted before.

I mean Natsu doesn't even need to attack, Natsu just existing is enough to one shot given that the heat of the flames that surround his Body goes on for kilometers as he vaporized a Lake almost instantly by just powering up just in his High 7-A key.

I mean if we go by that, Rei fused with a demon that burned at such high temperature he EE's people and naturally stands near those flames.

What reasons above....? The reasons above include:

• AoE fire which as explained won't affect him past black flames
  • Physical fighting, which Ogami has tons of ways to deal with.
Why do people FRA when no one has even voted?

@Yung

Power Null superior? What does that mean? Ogami can power null Natsu where as Natsu can't P null Ogami.

@Zackra

Heat

>AP

>Not temperature

You do know what heat is right? It does not have AP it's just temperature.

Fire he's not talking about the fire burning Rei, He's talking about the temperature of the fire being hot enough that it can vaporize Rei without the flames reaching him.

@Yung

He already resists on like 3 or so levels, i think. And His power null is reliant on magic, which is not what Ogami uses.

@Dragon

Yes, as i said, the temperature is not enough as Rei is literally covered and surrounded by flames hot enough to EE (with heat).

@Zackra

Context, cus that may or may not be impressive.

Also that's only for magic.

Anyone know how many layers of resistance Natsu bypasses?

Tsuna bypasses like 7 layers in the first arc he gets it kek.

Also as i said, different medium. He can power null specifically cus he can burn magic. Not cus he literally affects powers.

"And His power null is reliant on magic, which is not what Ogami uses."

I'm 100% certain it would be equalized, unless magic exists in the Code: Breaker verse and it's canonically not possible to null his ability using magic. (Like Shield Hero's power systems)

But EE heat isn't a temperature earl.

This is just like the skill thread where cutting concepts with skill doesn't mean anything quantitatively.

Fairy Heart is an infinite Magic supply able to fire a 6-A weapon an infinite Number of times. Zeref Dragneel absorbed Said Magic supply and gained the ability to rewind Time even when his body was vaporized by Natsu. Natsu was able to burn Zeref's Time Magic to the point where he dropped out of his FH form and couldn't rewind time anymore to heal himself because Natsu burned all his magic to the point Zeref couldn't move.

@Yung

No, we equalize when the medium is similar (chakra to ki for example since both are supposedly spiritual energy). But here the medium is magic with actually lacking medium and being fueled off of life span (the abilities don't use life to attack, they just consume life when attacking).

@Dragon

The false equivalency is off the charts. Cutting concepts with skill is "not quantfiable" not "less impressive than attacking a wall with a sword", and by rules we decided to yeet those.

Fire that can EE things isn't worse than fire that can vaporize water.

@Zackra

Ok but that's just "supply" not "usage", natsu ate the magic from the cannon not drain all magic from the person, so he's just eating finite amounts each time.

About the time, power null affected time hax too, yet it doesn't affect Ogami's flames.

Out of curiosity, did Rei's flames ever show any heat attributes outside of directly touching stuff? Like melting or vaporizing things close to them or even far away? coz otherwise they are arguably just hax in flame shape and he shouldn't rly get any heat resistance, since you yourself said that his own flames can't affect him anyways, iirc

@Earl

Do you know what a shit-show our power null system would be if we unequalized them because they weren't under the same named system? It would be atrocious.

As someone who's been involved in power null matches with many of my favorite characters, I can attest that we equalize it, almost always. Like., they have to be extremely dissimilar to unequalize. We don't do it because they work on two different power systems. That'd be ridiculous.

EE temp. would be higher than Infinite temp. which would be enough to collapse the universe so either it doesn't have that level of heat or Rei should be High 3-A.

Earl. What you're arguing for right now would hit Iihiko really ******* hard.

It would mean he could only null stuff that equalize to abnormalities and minuses/styles.

@Rather

He melted steel

@Yung

It depends on the type

@Zackra

Yeah you know that ain't true. But the fire is so hot it loses color, that's why it is invisible

@Yung

Back to what i said above, "it depends on the type". Iihiko nulls by not recognizing abilities so they do not reach him, but what he does is "null powers that have no medium" (Medaka is a case of verse where powers have no medium at all).

If the power null only exists because of the ability to interact with the medium (which is the case here, as its not nullifying powers, it is just the capability to burn magic which acts as the medium for powers), then it won't work on powers that do not have medium. Reason why you can't say "Natsu burns Misogi's EE" because the only EE he has burned is due to burning the medium it works, if there is no medium it can't work.

So the idea is "does it depend on the medium or does it nullify the power itself?".

YungManzi said:
Sounds like a biased interpretation of power null tbh.
It is a logical based interpretation.

As the power null page says "it should be a case by case basis".

If someone has a type of power null that "is reliant on the medium" then it will fail to work? An example Yuudai Moroboshi, his power null is reliant soley on magic, he can break magic by undoing the structure and stuff (weird point don't wanna get into it). However if we have someone like Iihiko who interacts with the power itself rather than the medium, there is no reson for his null to be affected by there being a different medium or (as he has shown) the complete lack of medium.

It is not bias, it is just logical interpretation of the powers.

This is why I hate this "case by case" Bull Sh-t, it allows situations to come up where people make their own own judgements based on nonsense headcanon.

"Case by case" is such an overused and godawful result to an issue. It needs to stop.

Oh man, I was about to go on a wiki staff rant. I'm unsubbing from this to cool down some.

For the love of God, what does "reliant on medium" even mean? It sounds like some convoluted excuse to simply not equalise the verses- an excuse that doesn't even make sense.

Both are supernatural power systems that can severely harm or straight up kill the users if used in excess, both systems have similar applications, that's all we need to know. Both abilities not being referred to as "magic" isn't an excuse to not apply verse equalisation and the amount of mental gymnastics you're going through to justify this stance quite frankly is asinine.

@Yung

Its overused for a reason.

@David

Yes, both are supernatural power systems.

Natsu nulls via "burning magic", if there is no magic, he cannot affect a power. And unless there is something in verse that would equalize to magic, natsu can't do it.

It is similar to the reason why someone absorbing all your life till you die does not get equalized as a resistance to someone fating you to die despite them "doing the same thing". Because they are using entirely different means to achieve it.

And to answer your question "reliant on medium" means that "he does not affect the powers, he just achieves a similar effect by burning magic".

I mean, we allow Kenshiro to hit the pressure points from characters in verses that have never have demonstrated to have pressure points to begin with.

Back